Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
How can they? I have a MSRP that sets the high end, and then we negotiate down from that. Perhaps that negotiation is not fruitful, but it certainly will not be above MSRP.
Because unfortunately there will be 100s of people standing behind you willing to pay ridiculous markups.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I know a number of dealers below invoice. Chuck Anderson Ford near KC would be my choice.
How can they? I have a MSRP that sets the high end, and then we negotiate down from that. Perhaps that negotiation is not fruitful, but it certainly will not be above MSRP.
Because unfortunately there will be 100s of people standing behind you willing to pay ridiculous markups.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If Jeep would wise up just a bit.....they would offer a Rubi with 35" tires ( and a NO RUB suspension) put some decent skid plates and sliders on it......and a few other nice tricks. These things would not need to cost them that much.

Instead, they make everyone go to the aftermarket for these things that could be original equipment......and expect folks to swallow this chit. When I bought my Rubi....I knew I was going to spend another $10 k in aftermarket chit to get it up to desired standards of these times. Just ridiculous. OH.....and then they had to piss me off with some bogus price increases on metallic paint?? Not good biz practices.

As said......they don't listen well. Still.....I think many folks are a bit rabid right now.......and some level of sense will return. It's a tough line to walk.....if you want to make a decent profit in the auto biz. That 2 door Bronco is not especially cheap when "properly equipped."
Except all of those add-ons would cost more from the factory and likely not be built as well as what can be had in the aftermarket. Most of us would rather do the mods ourself and make the rig our own.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Sure that could happen, but then I just get my money back and move on.

But in my prior experience with such situations someone is always willing to pay to buy your position.

I had a position on a C8 Corvette, and sold that for $5000 to someone who wanted one earlier then he would have gotten one. I did the same for a GT350.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Interesting. I personally just love the look of the Rubi more than the Bronco. But I like both.
Word! The shape of the frontend and the round wheel wells are not doing it for me. I do dig the higher beltline, but I also like the Jeep interior better.

I do wonder how its frame construction, brakes, and steering compare. Those are not strong points in Jeep land. Hell, it's possible to buy a brand new Jeep with rust already on some of the components.

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
No, not significant. Not in Moab. Skyline Drive is WAAAY steeper, along with Launch Pad and several other climbs. Pretty sure they didn't "test" that hill (also called "Tire Test Hill" IIRC) the way you're supposed to....which is to pull up on the angled surface with all 4 tires, then, from a dead stop, crawl it forward without chirping a tire.

Doesn't matter, looks like they were having fun, which is all that matters...it's a stupid bragging rights thing anyway and tells you more about the tire durometer than the vehicle.

The way the Bronco did it in reverse, using momentum....pretty sure I could do that it a front wheel drive car (going forward, with a little more momentum), lol.

What isn't particularly smart is doing stunts in reverse, since you're driving on the coast side of the gears (in a low pinion diff)....seen a lot of gear sets grenade from stuff like that.

Here's the thing in Moab.....the traction is SO freaking good that you can climb stuff there you couldn't most anywhere else (short of Sand Hollow). The traction is literally like 100 grit sand paper on most of the slickrock....so you can do things you normally couldn't say back east.

But hey....Ford's team is out having fun on the trails. Kudos to them. I'd love to be out there....though this time of year in Moab sux ass.
ah, yes, like I thought but didn’t know about the gears and such. I would think there’s more traction in reverse because the weight of the motor is on the bottom. Is that true?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
End of the day the Rubicon trail is the quintessential trail they needed to do it.

Whole thing seems to just be a banter back and forth between the two manufacturers.

1. only a very small % will drive either car at its limits so who cares proving this. It was all a social media, advertising etc etc campaign.
2. IF you were going to do the Rubicon then I bet that number is about zero that someone is doing it in a stock rig no matter the brand. If they are that serious about rock crawling they will upgrade both.

I personally think the bashing of either brand is pretty middle schooler. Plenty to say about either the Wrangler or Bronco. Neither are perfect in my mind HOWEVER competition is great and should take them both up a notch.
Don't get to serious on us. It is fun to banter back and forth and some elements are serious (and fun) technical discussions. My Ford buddies have been beating me up pretty good, but I know it is all in fun.

I'm going to continue to have fun with it. It'll be even more fun around a campfire at the end of a day on the trail. When that happens, you might want to turn in early. Especially when the beer starts taking effect.

I'm personally glad the percentage that actually goes off-road isn't higher. I don't want to see half a million JLs on the trail. So I support and encourage our asphalt crawling brethren.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Then why the video's TRYING to give it cred? People that dont know much about such things eventually figure it out.
For most they don't care how well it did it, just that it made it eventually.

All that wheel spin is what most think off-roading is anyway.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I know a number of dealers below invoice. Chuck Anderson Ford near KC would be my choice.
Call them; I bet they are no more likely to give a discount on a Bronco than they would be on a Shelby GT 500 Mustang (at least in Colorado, you won't find a GT 500 without a $10K+ "additional dealer markup" sticker on it.)
Sponsored