Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 479 57.6%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 191 23.0%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 79 9.5%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 82 9.9%

• Total voters

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Whatever lets you sleep at night apparently, my dude. If you can't acknowledge that the world is inherently different from the 1960s, I got nothin' else for ya. Seems any "answers" you're willing to accept are pretty specific to your cranium.
please tell me your going with bronco so I dont have to see you on the trails I go on. :)

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
That's a good question. I don't expect the 2-door to sell very well. Maybe 20,000-30,000/year. I guess it's kind of like the Wrangler - they cant bring back the Bronco without the 2-door.
But with the first bronco they both were two doors and yet the jeep succeeded where the bronco didnt. Will this be a sign of the future and if not why not?

I dont think one can argue the jeep was better back than. Bronco had a VERY sweet offering, more than any better stuff they might have now.

Personally I think the 2 door bronco will sell better than the jeep version...initially.... It's longer and appears to be laid out better as a result...but we dont know yet really.

I think you and the previous poster might be right about needing a 2 door despite the number sold. It's a marketing thing. Likely most want a 2 door but it just isnt practical for most.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Video Editor
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see that kind of damage on these stock Jeeps. But everyone on the 6G site is claiming that a Jeep would be similarly banged up. I think that they are in denial.
Those pictures look like they banged them up against everything they could find. The videos show them struggling to get through the obstacle.

Whisky19

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Can you get that kind of damage at the mall? Asking for a friend. :)

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Video Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Can you get that kind of damage at the mall? Asking for a friend. :)
Friend said most certainly especially during the winter months when the mounds of snow are there.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
please tell me your going with bronco so I dont have to see you on the trails I go on. :)
Is that for me? Yes I’d get a Bronco before a Rubicon. To think I made an in person offer on a Rubicon on June 8th.
Those pictures look like they banged them up against everything they could find. The videos show them struggling to get through the obstacle.
As you show the JL struggling on obstacles. Interesting.
As for the scars, the jk was too wide. The JL is wider and the bronco is wider yet. Of course the JL will get through the narrow trails better. I did see a JLU with Broncos, disappointed they did not also bring a 2dr Rubicon to compare.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
The videos have a clear and classic rip sound of the tires rubbing when they backed down the obstacles they couldn't climb. Lol

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Is that for me? Yes I’d get a Bronco before a Rubicon. To think I made an in person offer on a Rubicon on June 8th.

As you show the JL struggling on obstacles. Interesting.
As for the scars, the jk was too wide. The JL is wider and the bronco is wider yet. Of course the JL will get through the narrow trails better. I did see a JLU with Broncos, disappointed they did not also bring a 2dr Rubicon to compare.
There are already countless videos of factory Jeeps on the Rubicon and completing it with more ease and less body damage. But we already knew that. The Bronco, being a IFS vehicle is going to have a harder time in the rocks.

Advertisement

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Advertisement