First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Figured I'd share my setup as I just recently finished the install. Two Rigid DSSs over the tire, two D-series in the bumper, and two Westin rock lights in the bumper. Everything is wired together and runs to AUX2.

Rearlights.jpg
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Figured I'd share my setup as I just recently finished the install. Two Rigid DSSs over the tire, two D-series in the bumper, and two Westin rock lights in the bumper. Everything is wired together and runs to AUX2.

Rearlights.jpg
Can you post pics with the lights off so we can see how they look and how they are mounted?

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone for the info in this thread. I got mine all up and running. Went with the rigid ignite flush mount.

BECE2790-BCD0-45AE-80CB-EF4B7391DF0A.jpeg

903AEA4D-BBF0-489D-A3B0-1574BAFDBDB6.jpeg

00B8967E-EC08-4BB5-9F9A-5D01665B33B9.jpeg

4DD75256-9D03-436B-BE3A-562D53DEB6E9.jpeg
Got a pic of them not lit? Curious about mounting location. The light spread looks good, and I will probably replicate.

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport

Rearlights.jpg
Looks great! What are your thoughts on the zroad mount? I've been debating that one for a while.

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Looks great! What are your thoughts on the zroad mount? I've been debating that one for a while.
Thanks man!

I like it. It’s a solid piece of steel. I got it because, at least to me, it was the cleanest looking method for mounting lights in the rear, not counting bumpers with cutouts. And I do like having them mounted higher up, but didn’t want anything mounted to the roof or rear window hinges. Plus I got it for only $119. I thought it was being discontinued because Extreme Terrain was selling it for that price, and Quadratec wasn’t carrying it anymore. But now it looks like it’s back in stock at Extreme Terrain.

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Thanks man!

I like it. It’s a solid piece of steel. I got it because, at least to me, it was the cleanest looking method for mounting lights in the rear, not counting bumpers with cutouts. And I do like having them mounted higher up, but didn’t want anything mounted to the roof or rear window hinges. Plus I got it for only $119. I thought it was being discontinued because Extreme Terrain was selling it for that price, and Quadratec wasn’t carrying it anymore. But now it looks like it’s back in stock at Extreme Terrain.
I'll have to keep my eyes open for a sale. Northridge has it marked as discontinued so maybe it is. Who knows. But it is a clean setup!

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Got the install done and I'm very happy with the result. Decided to go with one light in the middle of the bumper. My rear parking sensors have somehow been disabled. Wonder if I drilled the hole right through a wire or something...?

IMG_0700 2.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
That's one bad-ass single bulb!^^^

Sponsored

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
Yeah. Arkie. Please tell me what bulb this is and how did u wire it? Haven’t done any lighting yet but am wanting to. Mine is a sport.

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Yeah. Arkie. Please tell me what bulb this is and how did u wire it? Haven’t done any lighting yet but am wanting to. Mine is a sport.
Let me first say I am a hesitant novice when it comes to automotive wiring - I don'l like messing with it and never have. But once I got this planned out it really was not a big deal. Tedious to run the wire and secure it all, but thats it.

I used this light, recommended by forum member ColoradoRubicon (his post is several pages back, but he installed two lights) - Buyers Products Surface Mount LED Flood Light - I paid around $30 on Amazon although I just checked and you can get it for $18 on etrailer.
https://www.etrailer.com/Lights/Buyers-Products/3371492139.html

I recommend removing your hitch mount if you have it - makes the install much much easier. I did not use any of the rubber mounting plates that come with it. I drilled a small hole through the plastic bumper, just large enough to run the wire through.

Used some heavy duty 3M adhesive strips to adhere the light to the bumper (wanted to avoid drilling extra bolt holes and couldnt figure out how I would secure two bolts in the back of the bumper due to space constraints).

Used two lengths of 16 gauge automotive wire - one hot line T-Tapped into the beige-white backup light wire and the other ground wire secured onto a bolt within the Jeep body housing (see picture below).

Sealed all connections with heat-shrink, liquid tape, and electrical tape - a little overzealous, I know, but wanted to make sure it was well weather-proofed. Ran these wires down through a small opening in the body housing, tucked them into the back of the plastic bumper and connected the wires to the wires from the LED light.

Zip tied the lines together at several spots along the route and secured them to the body so they wouldn't rattle and move much.

DISCLAIMER - since the install, my rear parking sensors are not working. I'm not sure why. Wonder if I disrupted a connection when drilling the hole or something. Honestly, its nice now that I don't have to listen to the most annoying sound in the world when backing up. But now that I can actually see behind me at night it doesn't matter.

Overall the light works fantastic! The single light in the middle was exactly what I needed. Hope this helps.

IMG_0637.PNG

IMG_0696.jpg

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Let me first say I am a hesitant novice when it comes to automotive wiring - I don'l like messing with it and never have. But once I got this planned out it really was not a big deal. Tedious to run the wire and secure it all, but thats it.

I used this light, recommended by forum member ColoradoRubicon (his post is several pages back, but he installed two lights) - Buyers Products Surface Mount LED Flood Light - I paid around $30 on Amazon although I just checked and you can get it for $18 on etrailer.
https://www.etrailer.com/Lights/Buyers-Products/3371492139.html

I recommend removing your hitch mount if you have it - makes the install much much easier. I did not use any of the rubber mounting plates that come with it. I drilled a small hole through the plastic bumper, just large enough to run the wire through.

Used some heavy duty 3M adhesive strips to adhere the light to the bumper (wanted to avoid drilling extra bolt holes and couldnt figure out how I would secure two bolts in the back of the bumper due to space constraints).

Used two lengths of 16 gauge automotive wire - one hot line T-Tapped into the beige-white backup light wire and the other ground wire secured onto a bolt within the Jeep body housing (see picture below).

Sealed all connections with heat-shrink, liquid tape, and electrical tape - a little overzealous, I know, but wanted to make sure it was well weather-proofed. Ran these wires down through a small opening in the body housing, tucked them into the back of the plastic bumper and connected the wires to the wires from the LED light.

Zip tied the lines together at several spots along the route and secured them to the body so they wouldn't rattle and move much.

DISCLAIMER - since the install, my rear parking sensors are not working. I'm not sure why. Wonder if I disrupted a connection when drilling the hole or something. Honestly, its nice now that I don't have to listen to the most annoying sound in the world when backing up. But now that I can actually see behind me at night it doesn't matter.

Overall the light works fantastic! The single light in the middle was exactly what I needed. Hope this helps.

IMG_0637.PNG

IMG_0696.jpg
91FB359D-7FB7-4050-9D7D-B3FEFDBDD629.jpeg

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2D Manual
This came with a bumper that has mounted LED lights on. I want to use the light without the switch and only when on reverse. If anybody could give me tips on how to wire the harness I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 2018 JL Sport 2 door manual without any packages/options.
Thank you

20191218_212415.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
This came with a bumper that has mounted LED lights on. I want to use the light without the switch and only when on reverse. If anybody could give me tips on how to wire the harness I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 2018 JL Sport 2 door manual without any packages/options.
Thank you

20191218_212415.jpg
Only wire from the Jeep harness going to the taillight that you need is the white wire w/ beige trace. I used the one on the drivers side and used a T-tap to easily splice into it. I then used one of those threaded holes in the bottom side of the metal bumper mount for my ground point. Your bumper lights should only have a hot lead and ground lead unless they also have other functions.
Sponsored