First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Occupation
Computer Geek
Just wanted to express my gratitude for this thread. Was worried this morning when the screen was blank but it did fix itself after letting it sit.

Agreed. My JLR has 760 miles on it and the camera went out this morning. I thought maybe the connection had come loose since I installed the Teraflex Alpha carrier, or the camera was bad, or I pinched a wire....(I need a jump to conclusion mat) :) After pressing the Volume and Tune buttons all is restored...and my guidelines are back...
Sponsored

Asero

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler
Camera blacked out after 300km. Then was back by the afternoon. Was fuming at the time but glad it is back!! No JL is safe haha not even the exports šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Mine just did it. Got in this morning to go to work. Screen was all black when I started backing up. I work a 12 hour shift, hopefully it works when I leave to go home. Itā€™s currently at 28k miles. 2020 EcoDiesel.

update:
Once I started to up to leave work, it was working. No extra steps needed.

Last edited:

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Mine just did it. Got in this morning to go to work. Screen was all black when I started backing up. I work a 12 hour shift, hopefully it works when I leave to go home. Itā€™s currently at 28k miles. 2020 EcoDiesel.
Just try reseting it by pressing and holding "Volume" and "Tune" button simultaneously for 20 secs. Once the buttons are released, the screen will go black and then reboot itself. This seems to be a software glitch and this is what works for me every time.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I see a lot of people mentioning a "black" screen but mine is stuck on a "blue" screen. I have tried the Volume/Tune reset with no luck. I moved the rear camera via a tire delete bracket but I haven't touched the front camera. Both lead to the blue screen of fail.

Is anyone else getting a blue screen after the black screen?

Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I had the blue screen. I unplugged and replugged the camera Harness in the rear door fixed mine.
Didn't work, I'm going to pull all the wiring in the rear next.

BlueCamera.jpg

Last edited:

s_9874

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger JL Rubicon
This happened to me as well. Got a black screen and text that said "check your surroundings". Turned the vehicle off and on and made several trips around town then all of a sudden it started working again.

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Mine quit working few times and pulling the radio fuse resets it. There is also a way to reset it by pushing the radio and other button opposite it for awhile. You can google this somewhere.

In the end mine was doing it often enough that the dealer replaced the camera itself and has not done it since.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Had the black screen last night.

Was in a hurry so remote started my Jeep. Once I got in and pressed the ignition - because the Jeep was warm I shifted right into reverse (which I've never done that fast before) and the reverse camera was black.

Didn't come back over multiple restarts over a few hours that I was out.

Just tried now 12 hours later and working fine.

Sponsored

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
is it that there is no actual resolution in 4 years? just wait and it fixes itself?
Today my rear camera was black. front camera is ok.

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
is it that there is no actual resolution in 4 years? just wait and it fixes itself?
Try taking a look at your fuses in the fuse box under the hood and make sure they are all seated. I had all sorts of issues with my screen until I checked and found that not all the fuses were fully seated. Once I pushed them in no issues since.
Not sure if itā€™ll help you but worth a shot.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi engineXl,
Sorry to hear you're dealing with this! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN for further assistance.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Every time I try to hold volume and tune at the same time the radio turns off immediately. Am I missing something?

TIA

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Every time I try to hold volume and tune at the same time the radio turns off immediately. Am I missing something?

TIA
Hi amnesiac,
Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and additional details on the concern you're experiencing. We'd be happy to assist further.

Sarah
Jeep Cares
Sponsored