AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification

gkrash

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
So I just used this handy handy chart to wire my CB to Aux the instead of ignition as I intended and now I need to desolder because I was an idiot and trusted something I read on the internet without further testing - please can someone fix this image on the post or Can a mod delete it?

*grumble*
Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I did exactly that and I'm not getting any power to the dashcam! That's why I'm wondering if I missed a step!
Did you happen to wire to the Orange/Pink wire (for Aux 3) instead of the Pink/Orange wire (Ignition/Acc)?

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Need some help - Must be missing something
I finally found the Aux wire bundle in the passenger side foot well. If I am correct one of the 2 heavier gauge wires White / Red should be constant battery power - but I get nothing even with the ruck running. Can some one point a frustrated Jeep Newbee in the right direction

Thanks
in advance

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I finally found the Aux wire bundle in the passenger side foot well. If I am correct one of the 2 heavier gauge wires White / Red should be constant battery power - but I get nothing even with the ruck running. Can some one point a frustrated Jeep Newbee in the right direction

Thanks
in advance
The red/white wire should actually be one of the smaller wires. What are you trying to power? Is there no power at the wire itself?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Thanks
in advance
@Saddle Tramp

The two "heavier gauge" wires are Aux 1 and 2 ... both are rated at 40 amp.

You want the smaller red/white for Direct to Battery. It is rated at 10 amp.

Sponsored

timd99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Just another tip... My aux switch wires were not in the typical location where everyone's pictures show.

I did eventually find my wires, but they were on the inside of the passenger footwell under carpeting near the infotainment system/shifter/center stack (opposite side of everyone else which are nearest the door).

Pulling the carpet from the passenger footwell and looking everywhere in there, they should be there somewhere.
I'm glad I found this. On my 2021, they were just under the dash on the left hand side of the glove box. I looked forever in the footwell, this post made me expand my search.

Thanks.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Hi all Aux Switch Grurus- @Rhinebeck01 and a few others, question for your all:
It seems everything I've read here suggest Aux 1 & 2 are for 40 amps and Aux 3 & 4 are for 15 amps. I believe this is true for factory installed options.
What about the mopar switches (82215190AE) that can be purchased afterward? I installed those myself and Mopar instruction shows that Aux 1 & 3 are rated for 40 amps, 2 & 4 are 15 amps. I confirmed this on my jeep by checking the actual fuse starting from passenger side, and they are in fact 40A=>15A=>40A=> 15A. I assume the picture accurately labeled the order of Aux switch 3=>4=>1=>2.

Anyone know if this is accurate? I've searched quite a bit here, but it seems everyone is saying aux 1&2 are 40A, and 3&4 are 15A

Jeep Wrangler JL AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.43.43 PM

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@zyt

Well, in 3 yrs. of closely following posts on this forum and elsewhere, no one has mentioned this before....... in posts regarding the Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank you installed.

I have no first hands on experience with the offering. I have worked with a bunch of JL's with the factory installed Aux switches.

On the Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank you just installed, look at each of the Aux wires where you would attach your say add on light, etc, to.. On the Aux wires that are fused at 40 amp larger diameter wire / heavier gauge? Are the Aux wires fused at 15 amp, smaller diameter / smaller gauge?

Would like to know the answers to the questions above.

Would also like to hear from other's here that have actually installed the Genuine Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank on their JL regarding this..

I have helped a few guys here trouble shoot issues with that the add on Aux, and no one ever mentioned what you have brought to the table here.... Interesting... a big deal and something that needs publicizing so to speak.

BMF98

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi all -

First time I can actually add value to a post on the forum

I had the Mopar Auxiliary Switch Bank added to my 2018 JL about 6 months ago via the dealer. My set up is exactly the same as @zyt had described above with Aux 1 & 3 rated for 40 amps, 2 & 4 at 15 amps.

Since having the switch bank installed, I've added some auxiliary lights. In doing so, I can also confirm that the 40amp wires are larger diameter vs the 15amp wires. To be fair though, I've only used the 2 15 amp switches to date and have not tested anything on the 40amp connections (Aux 1 & 3) yet.

Picture doesn't do a great job showing the difference -

(Edited for wire color/switch clarity)
Orange - Aux 1
Purple - Aux 2
White - Aux 3
Grey - Aux 4

Jeep Wrangler JL AUX Switches: Cable COLOR CODE Wiring Identification 20201214_065314

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: zyt

392Newbie

First Name
ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Where is the ground if I use the footwell aux switches?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reactions: zyt

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
I just picked up my 21 Rubicon this week my aux wires under the hood are 40amp Green-pink/Orange-pink/////15amp bright Orange?-pink/Blue-pink. Not sure which ones are aux 1, 2 40amp and not sure which aux 3,4 are 15amp yet, that will be next.

Aux wires.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SuboneWH

And in the Aux bundle found in the passenger foot well, you will have 2 additional wires for a total of 6 wires.. One for Accessory and one for Direst to Battery = 2 additional wires in passenger compartment.
Sponsored