Marlene
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
    Liked:
    Graphic Designer
    Garage Profiles:
    #1 Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2018
    Today we installed a lighted whip on the back of the Jeep (mounted it on the tire carrier, relocation bracket / mount).

After much research we wanted to help and/or save others time finding and identifying the AUX cables.

Here is a short video and photo showing the wiring color codes and where to find them to install your Jeep accessories, which will work with your AUX switches.

The interior AUX cables / wires are located inside front passengers side footwell area or foot kick plate area (as the video and photo below shows).

Hope it helps!

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-auxiliary-switches-jpg.jpg

Jeep Acc.jpg

Also underhood locations (posted by @Brazilbombsqd):

Aux Switch 1 F93 - 40 Amp Beige/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
    Aux Switch 2 F92 - 40 Amp Green/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
    Aux Switch 3 F103 - 15 Amp Orange/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
    Aux Switch 4 F108 - 15 Amp Dark Blue/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
    Battery F72 - 10 Amp Red/White Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)
    Ignition F50 - 10 Amp Pink/Orange Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)

Also see other AUX switch discussions @ https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...switches-configuration-installation-diy.1477/

2. Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    5/2/19 ....... I quit JLWranglerForums!
    Liked:
    @Marlene

Yes, nice, for sure alot prettier then the pic I have been posting for months now.. 8-)

You do know that there are Aux wires under the hood too right?

12v source wires.jpeg

3. Gdub

Gdub Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Geoff
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Sahara
    Liked:
    Engineer
    I assume these are the same for under the hood connections?

4. OP
    OP
    Marlene

Marlene Member

First Name:
    Marlene
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
    Liked:
    Graphic Designer
    Garage Profiles:

Awwwwe, your picture is pretty too ;)

Rhinebeck01 likes this.
  5. Rhinebeck01

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Yes, the same same under the hood. Do know though, that the Aux kit that is installed by the owner only has 4 wires. No Direct to Battery and Ignition/Acc wire.

Remember, if you use 1,2,3,4 under the hood you can't use the same in the foot well and vice versa.

ADR1RU, Ahmed, Torero and 1 other person like this.
  6. Torero

Torero Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J. Diego
    Vehicle(s):
    JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, GTI, F650, MB GL63 AMG
    Liked:
    You can’t use outside and inside wiring or you can but both things will be energized at the same time? Is it so sophisticated that if you use both none will work? Or only the first one used remains working?
    How someone could think that the same switch could power two different things independently? How would it be decided?

7. Rhinebeck01

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    @Torero

Not sure what you are asking... but ............... you could put say an led light on Aux3 under the hood ,and another say led light on Aux 3 in the foot well, but when you press Aux 3 button, both lights would light up. Only makes sense right....

This is pretty elementary to me but to some................. well some are lets say out of their element and clueless ....

No, it is not that sophisticated. It is a simple switch that has to places to play with but you use only one.

8. Torero

Torero Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J. Diego
    Vehicle(s):
    JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, GTI, F650, MB GL63 AMG
    Liked:
    Right. That’s common sense to me. It’s just semantics, people keep saying you cannot do this or that, when you can, even if it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

9. Brew211

Brew211 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, Manual
    Liked:
    Question, how are they wired inside and under the hood? I'm so confused!!!!

10. Rhinebeck01

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    @Brew211

There is alot of info in regard to the Aux Switches and the wires you use with them. Do a forum search..

In the short of it, if the factory installed the Aux Switches, you will have two different places to get the wires that the 4 Aux switches, switch / provide power to. You have a bundle of wires right by the battery and a bundle in the passenger foot well. See the pics earlier in this thread.

Now, if you install the OEM Aux Switches yourself then what you end up with will be a tad different. Again, a forum search will give you a scad of info on Aux switches.

IF you have any particular questions, post clearly, your questions, here and you will get answers...

11. Brew211

Brew211 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, Manual
    Liked:
    Thanks for the clarification, I’m just impressed that they pre-wired two locations to connect to. Thanks again.

Rhinebeck01 likes this.
  12. Brazilbombsqd

Brazilbombsqd Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Aux Switch 1 F93 - 40 Amp Beige/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
    Aux Switch 2 F92 - 40 Amp Green/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
    Aux Switch 3 F103 - 15 Amp Orange/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
    Aux Switch 4 F108 - 15 Amp Dark Blue/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
    Battery F72 - 10 Amp Red/White Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)
    Ignition F50 - 10 Amp Pink/Orange Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)

13. Rhinebeck01

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    @Brazilbombsqd
    Yup the same... but those referencing the chart, read closely!

Aux fuse listing.JPG

oliver8 likes this.
  14. Jeepsterfreak

Jeepsterfreak Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Honda, Future JLU
    Liked:
    Is the aux switch programming available in the base UConnect 3 or do you need UConnect 4 to change the switch behavior?

15. sirryan

sirryan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Sport S
    Liked:
    I have the aux switches from the factory, but don't have the direct to battery or igition accessory...hmmmm