Sponsored

Tr4ckD4ys

First Name
Tr4ck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Installed the floors last weekend and I love them! Couple questions for those who’ve installed. Did I install the flooring under the front seat correctly? I put the edges of the back flooring over the front flooring around the air duct. There’s a little gap where it looks like stuff could get in if I had the doors off. Just want to make sure I did that right.

Also, I’ve seen in some videos they put the carpet coming down from the cargo area in the center over the Armorlite and snap it in place. I don’t have that carpet in mine. Did they get rid of that flap in the ‘21s?

If everything is installed correctly I guess I could put some rubber tape over the channel under the seat and over the back to keep it water tight.

FC067B5A-EE40-4F8C-8888-E2EEE0457742.jpeg

A35CA465-EF38-4FD5-9B24-21E2410785A5.jpeg
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same question/problem. Maybe @Armorlite Kail can help?
Sponsored

longlivethemanual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 3.6L 6MT
Still holding out hope for a 2 door full kit.

:edit: now that we've got 6 would-be buyers between me and those who liked this comment, @Armorlite Kail do you know if the 2 door JL stuff has been further delayed or if we might see it this year? I think I remember it was "on the list" some time ago but not sure if things have changed.
Feels like I posted here 2 years ago waiting on the two-door kit. I’ve given up even looking. Better odds Jeep offers it OEM. One of the few things Ford got right with the Bronco. I love my two-door Rubicon, but wow this floor kit has been an empty promise.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
I really love the no carpet now, the feel is hard not plush which is good. I had several work trucks over the years and the soft rubber floor would tear and bunch up. This really feels very well made.

I had a little fitting issues with the floor drains that I could not work out. I am hoping they will fix over time. Other then that, I really like the new flooring.
I installed mine 2 weeks ago. So far, so good. The looks are much better than the raggedy carpet.
Two things I noticed:
- The front drain plug on the driver side keeps popping out.
- The floor still gets pretty hot (disclaimer: I am in South Florida and it's 90+ day and night this time of year)
@Rangemaster @nenovster
Please make sure that the floor opening is clearly aligned evenly with the sheet metal floor under it. This is important to getting the plugs to Snap down into the metal floor. If they are installed correctly in that fashion they are difficult to remove.
If a plug is loose at all, a great bit of heat will come through it.
If you have repeatedly pushed a plug through a misaligned floor you can bend the sheet metal, make sure that is flat and even.
If you are having a hard time aligning the plugs 1st make sure the outside edge flange is under the door sill trim, then run your fingers under the edge of the floor where you can to make sure it is not catching on anything, there are many variations in stud and wire loom placement and sometimes some vehicles catch on those.

@Armorlite Kail just curious if you have any better idea on when the rear cargo area will be available for the 4xe?
The 4XE is slated to be a cut of the JLU parts, we are trying to get data on the wheel well wiring and 24 model changes.

You say cargo mat, I dont think thats an issue, what about the carpet on the sides in the cargo area? It appears there is a lot of carpeted area not addressed with this solution.
The wheel wells are awaiting tool creation.

@Armorlite Kail is that a newer version with the raised area instead of the cutout around the rear seat anchor points?
Yes we updated the JLU parts with further compression channels to aid the trim and console fitment, as well as covering the rear seat feet.

Completely agree on all counts, I went with Bedtred for the rear too, and while it covers it, it's not great. Also agree that Jeep needs to look at Ford's rubberized flooring and bring it to the Jeep (or just add Armorlite as a factory option), it makes absolutely no sense to have carpet in a Jeep.
Mopar JPP has released our Armorlite product as an accessory. They call it a Vinyl floor, it is in fact the same more durable TPO mix we sell as Armorlite. The rubberized floor Bronco has is actually a vacuum molded vinyl floor and is showing some wear issues and are tearing. We plan to provide a Bronco alternative once we complete all of our Jeep obligations that are delayed.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same question/problem. Maybe @Armorlite Kail can help?
That is a proper overlap, you can see the rear floor part has a raised section to match the overlap the front under it. There is a gap here to aid fit and installation. To eliminate this we would have had to make this a one piece floor but the variations in the sheet metal front to rear posed to much of a risk to get the plugs to align.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
You keep saying it's coming is it really though?
GMONEY I am just a guy with a job. I come on here because I like the forum and it helps me connect with people better as a jeeper and to get information to improve products. I release information as I get it in an attempt to keep you guys informed. Unfortunately the variables surrounding the engineering of our product has caused delays.
I have the option to face you guys and say I am sorry, here is the state of it all, or just not come on here. I am coming in here still to tell you, I know the JL 2dr kit is getting produced, I wish it was sooner or better yet last summer. But this is what I got. When I see the tools I will run in here to finally bring good news.

Anyone who wants to discuss any of this I will be at our booth at Easter Jeep Safari, I hope to be making the announcement before then, if not.. well I will still be there to hear whatever you got.

Sponsored

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

GMONEY I am just a guy with a job. I come on here because I like the forum and it helps me connect with people better as a jeeper and to get information to improve products. I release information as I get it in an attempt to keep you guys informed. Unfortunately the variables surrounding the engineering of our product has caused delays.
I have the option to face you guys and say I am sorry, here is the state of it all, or just not come on here. I am coming in here still to tell you, I know the JL 2dr kit is getting produced, I wish it was sooner or better yet last summer. But this is what I got. When I see the tools I will run in here to finally bring good news.

Anyone who wants to discuss any of this I will be at our booth at Easter Jeep Safari, I hope to be making the announcement before then, if not.. well I will still be there to hear whatever you got.
Kail I know you mean the best and I really hope things are coming. We have all been waiting a long time for this setup as it is the best option out there (once it dies come along).

Hopefully you can take care of us once it drops because u know I'll be ordering one you day it's life.

Thanks for the updates even if I do sound like an asshole.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Kail I know you mean the best and I really hope things are coming. We have all been waiting a long time for this setup as it is the best option out there (once it dies come along).

Hopefully you can take care of us once it drops because u know I'll be ordering one you day it's life.

Thanks for the updates even if I do sound like an asshole.
I appreciate your reply. I will definitely update you as soon as I can.

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
Any updates? Still waiting on the cargo JLU cargo area in my case.
yes, same here - hoping for a release soon 🤞🏻
Sponsored