Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Armorlite New Product Update Info: JL 2Door rear floor and cargo

** This information is up to date as of 5/10/23 **

Here is the latest on the JL 2dr complete kit release.
Design is 100% done.

Timing: currently in tooling, tools are not getting cut just yet but close to it. I expect an early July ship date.

We will announce the final date once the tools are in motion, then we will open up sales after we do initial fit tests. Right now we are looking at offering 10% off for the first 2 weeks.

Coverage options will be sold as:
- Fronts only
- Full Floor (Front, back seat floor and cargo floor)
- Full Vehicle Kit ( Front, back seat floor, cargo floor, and wheel arch covers)
Sponsored

Last edited:

texasrugby911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S 2 Door
Very excited about this! Will there be the option to purchase the pieces separately? I already have the front for my JL 2 door, and would want the rear, then will wait for the complete cargo package. As far as the complete cargo package, does the cover the entire floor and eliminate the factory carpet? I run without the rear seat and am curious if this will cause issues.
Lastly, I believe you made a typo, with "The JK kit release will be available in 2 possible configurations at this point." instead of JL.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Very excited about this! Will there be the option to purchase the pieces separately? I already have the front for my JL 2 door, and would want the rear, then will wait for the complete cargo package. As far as the complete cargo package, does the cover the entire floor and eliminate the factory carpet? I run without the rear seat and am curious if this will cause issues.
Lastly, I believe you made a typo, with "The JK kit release will be available in 2 possible configurations at this point." instead of JL.
Thanks for the letting me know about the typo.

You will be able to buy everything separately. Yes our kit will eliminate all carpet, and drainage channels will be built in to direct water run off.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Looking forward to it.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Armorlite New Product Update Info: JL 2Door rear floor and cargo

** This information is up to date as of 3/22/22 **

Here I would like to provide to you the most up to date information regarding this product release.
The JL 2door specific kit is in development. We have limited engineering resources and a series of releases in the queue.

The bulk of the design/engineering for the JL rear and cargo floor is complete. It is on pause to verify fit and will undergo a couple design reviews prior to a design lock. These steps are waiting on engineerings availability.
Once a design lock is in place it will be passed along to our tool shop for the dies to be cut. Once the dies are cut and test fitting is done the product will be ready to go. The raw materials and plant resources are available and will not become a bottle neck.

At this point a presale date will not be announced until we have a count down on tool machining. We are optimistic on releasing this one in the near future but until we have solid milestone completions we will be holding off from any solid date announcements. This product will be released for sure during 2022 and that is the only concrete announcement I will make at this time.

The JL kit release will be available in 2 possible configurations at this point.
The Front, Rear, Cargo floor only kit is first in line to be released.
The addition of the complete cargo package which will include wheel arch covers and seat backs may accompany the 1st release, but it may also be released separately soon after. But all released products will work with each other and which ever configuration you choose, expansion of coverage will be seamless. Including if you start with only fronts.
Since I recently bought the JLU front and rear kit--are you saying the rear portion to complete my JL will not be available as the first introduction?

Sponsored

texasrugby911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S 2 Door
Since I recently bought the JLU front and rear kit--are you saying the rear portion to complete my JL will not be available as the first introduction?
This is the 2 door thread, you are looking for the 4 door thread here, and by the first entry it seems that the cargo kit for the 4 door will be available first.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
This is the 2 door thread, you are looking for the 4 door thread here, and by the first entry it seems that the cargo kit for the 4 door will be available first.
Ah...my mistake. I clicked it from the main page. Thanks for clarifying.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Pretty excited for this! Been eyeballing for a hot minute!

Not a must have for me yet, but it is definitely on the list. Texas mud/clay sticks and stains like nothing I’ve ever seen!

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Pretty excited for this! Been eyeballing for a hot minute!

Not a must have for me yet, but it is definitely on the list. Texas mud/clay sticks and stains like nothing I’ve ever seen!
You will be happy to know as a fellow Texan, I have yet to encounter anything that stains our floor. I did have a customer place a gas can on our floor and had it leak unknowingly a large amount over several days, this was the first damage I have encountered.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Would this be compatible with sound deadening already on the floor? Was looking at getting the floor kit for my JL, if it's not I may have to forego. I think this can serve as both, I need a full kit since it will be a new Jeep though.

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Will pricing be similar to the JK kits?

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Quick update, still nothing concrete but we are starting the final design review process. This still includes time working back and forth with the tool shop before we are able to lock down a release schedule. But it is news that the date is moving forward.

Since the JL 2 door originally only received a front floor package kit it was in line for further design. Instead of just releasing the rear passenger area we decided to jump to making a more complete kit in this next phase.

The next JL kit to be released will include Front and Rear passenger flooring, cargo floor, rear wheel house and seat back. This will basically be providing Armorlite from firewall to tailgate. As the JKU kit we expect to sell this in a package as well as various ala cart products as well. This way you can order the coverage that suits your build best and works with vehicles that are outfitted with other aftermarket products or for those who have seat deletes.

j-rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incoming 2023
Quick update, still nothing concrete but we are starting the final design review process. This still includes time working back and forth with the tool shop before we are able to lock down a release schedule. But it is news that the date is moving forward.

Since the JL 2 door originally only received a front floor package kit it was in line for further design. Instead of just releasing the rear passenger area we decided to jump to making a more complete kit in this next phase.

The next JL kit to be released will include Front and Rear passenger flooring, cargo floor, rear wheel house and seat back. This will basically be providing Armorlite from firewall to tailgate. As the JKU kit we expect to sell this in a package as well as various ala cart products as well. This way you can order the coverage that suits your build best and works with vehicles that are outfitted with other aftermarket products or for those who have seat deletes.
This is great news! Put me down for a full set.
Sponsored