Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes do you want a bunch of bungee balls everywhere that's so old school I'm telling you they went out of business Amazon is stuck with a bunch of their stuff they are no longer in business. I know the owner that started it and that sold the company to a man in Austin and they let it go under. You're not going to get replacement parts Amazon will send you a refund yes and they just throw stuff away like they do all their stuff if you want no bungee balls checks by the web shades just bungee strings are showing into the material with a little flap it looks so much cleaner. Here's the one piece and here's the two piece to me I don't like the shade on the one piece going over the sound bar with a big hump showing with the two piece it's cleaner it's more like a custom fit and there's goes all the way to the front by the visors where aliens left to 2 inch gap I threw my alien shades away

Screenshot_20210614-204205_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210614-204157_Chrome.jpg
what are you saying is your choice for a sunshade?

novel not needed please. I’m a few glasses of wine in and ready to click an order button.
Sponsored

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Jtops… no Bungee cords and mil spec straps.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Ok I just bought a spiderweb shade and haven’t even installed it yet because there’s a problem with it being that close to the windshield. there’s no gap for the soft top latches to latch back, meaning you have to deal with that somehow.

I’ve got a cheap one my wife bought me - having done no research - and it works fine with the soft top. Ironically, it’s the patriotic one of the two, despite being cheap chinese shit:

09D33506-43AA-4ADB-ABD1-FBD59AC9853E.jpeg

I’m not going to return the spiderweb shade. It’s made in America and I don’t want them penalized because I didn’t research thoroughly enough. When this cheap chinese one inevitably breaks, I’ll figure out a way to make the spiderweb shade work. 550 cord can do a lot... as seen in my install above^
The spider web 2 piece does come close to the very front for those latches but you have to reach in there you can get them. trust me I had the same problem but it worked they put it close so you have no gaps and no sun coming in. Chris the owner is a great guy and it's a great product he makes nothing better J tops one piece only is too damn heavy it has those magnets like 50 of them and the front has to loop through those with the magnet up in the front I didn't like it I sold it for half the price so I didn't have to ship it back and pay I love my 2 peice spider web like you said made in Florida USA

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
what are you saying is your choice for a sunshade?

novel not needed please. I’m a few glasses of wine in and ready to click an order button.
Spider web shade is the best. Lifetime warranty and they're still open in Florida Orlando I think

Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Jtops has a few magnets on the front and the middle. By far the best shade top out there. No gaps, no bungee balls, no half assed straps. Truly a set and forget shade. Love mine.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Jtops has a few magnets on the front and the middle. By far the best shade top out there. No gaps, no bungee balls, no half assed straps. Truly a set and forget shade. Love mine.
Yes they're very well made very heavy I just didn't like the way it came over the back and cover the robar in the back but that's why they make different shades for different people. But there's this very heavy and very well made like I said that's why it's worth the extra hundred bucks. I like the back of my robar showing on the top and there's came down about 3 inches over it but it's personal preference

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Here's the difference I'm talking about I like the back of the roll bar showing on top of the two piece I don't like it coming way down in the back but some people don't care I guess I am AOD when it comes to stuff like this

Screenshot_20210615-134626_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210615-134556_Gallery.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I said OCD but voice text typed the wrong thing lol .I meant to say I'm OCD I'm just real particular about things and the way it looks especially when I'm spending money

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Here's the difference I'm talking about I like the back of the roll bar showing on top of the two piece I don't like it coming way down in the back but some people don't care I guess I am AOD when it comes to stuff like this

Jeep Wrangler JL Alien shade for JL Screenshot_20210615-134556_Gallery

Jeep Wrangler JL Alien shade for JL Screenshot_20210615-134556_Gallery
That design contains two rods that drop into two channels and keeps it tight. That’s why it extends a bit over the rear roll bar…but hey….it’s a case of looks over function it seems and it’s your Jeep to mod…. I get no flapping no gaps at 80 mph on the highway…just a tight and effective shade.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just found an old picture from last year before I got my spider web shade when I had my alien shade. Look at the big gap in the front by the visors because when you put those clips they're not strong enough to hold it and it gives we took those clips off and wrap the cords the bungee balls around the front of the Jeep. It still had a gap it's not cut big enough. They cut their shades too short that's the Gap I have now I have no Gap with spider web

Screenshot_20210615-160140_Gallery.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have had my Alien Sunshade (front) installed for about 3 yrs. now.

I do not have a huge gap as pictured in the above picture... I installed it correctly..

I have been real happy with my Alien .... it looks good, does the job well.... still looks great after about 3 years of use. I paid $64.99 on 7/13/18 ......a terrific deal on a very decent sunshade.

I would buy an Alien Sunshade again in a heartbeat... lots of bang for the $ .... a real decent sunshade.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have had my Alien Sunshade (front) installed for about 3 yrs. now.

I do not have a huge gap as pictured in the above picture... I installed it correctly..

I have been real happy with my Alien .... it looks good, does the job well.... still looks great after about 3 years of use. I paid $64.99 on 7/13/18 ......a terrific deal on a very decent sunshade.

I would buy an Alien Sunshade again in a heartbeat... lots of bang for the $ .... a real decent sunshade.
Mine was installed correctly I had a friend of mine that works at a shop even tried to help me readjusted it's cut too short. Yes it was good at the time for the money but like I said there's no warranty anymore because the company is out of business try calling them and see if you can get someone to answer or email them and see if they reply back. I mean I don't know why somebody would buy something that there's no warranty because the company is out of business Amazon only gives you a warranty for so long and after so long you can't return anything

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Mine was installed correctly I had a friend of mine that works at a shop even tried to help me readjusted it's cut too short. Yes it was good at the time for the money but like I said there's no warranty anymore because the company is out of business try calling them and see if you can get someone to answer or email them and see if they reply back. I mean I don't know why somebody would buy something that there's no warranty because the company is out of business Amazon only gives you a warranty for so long and after so long you can't return anything
@Jammer

It's a sunshade.... what the heck is there really to warranty... it's a sunshade... You buy it, buy from say Amazon and you have 30 days to return if you do not like it.. I do not need to spend twice or triple what I paid for an Alien Sunshade so I have a pretty pointless warranty that I do not need. It is a sunshade..

The Alien is aok and many many here have installed one and are very happy with the Alien.

In closing, install the Alien correctly and the sunshade is very decent and offers alot of bang for the buck. And I'm not saying this cause I'm getting anything in my pocket from the manufacturer, etc...

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
@Jammer

It's a sunshade.... what the heck is there really to warranty... it's a sunshade... You buy it, buy from say Amazon and you have 30 days to return if you do not like it.. I do not need to spend twice or triple what I paid for an Alien Sunshade so I have a warranty that I do not need. It is a sunshade..

I smell very rotten fish when I read multiple posts spewing pure crapola..

The Alien is aok and many many here have installed one and are very happy with the Alien.

In closing, install the Alien correctly and the sunshade is very decent and offers alot of bang for the buck. And I'm not saying this cause I'm getting anything in my pocket from the manufacturer..

China versus USA you can buy China and what can break the eyelets where the bungee balls go through can rip and have. you choose to buy China go ahead I'm done with China. I will buy USA products as much as I can and twice or three times more no and there's a reason why they're so cheap. But hey you get that little rubber toy alien maybe you can play with it or your kids can play with it LOL
Sponsored