Sun shade for JL Wrangler

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
a lot of companies do that buy what you want then unsubscribe it's not a big deal if they send you anything is going to go to your junk folder in spam anyway and then you just hit report as spam and it gone. it's not like somebody's going to come knocking on your door. Is a great shade. Especially the two piece it's a good product. I would not let that stop me from getting a good shade
AND sell your email to third parties. No thanks.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I took a quick picture on my lunch break to give you an idea. There is absolutely no red hue from the shade. Even when the top is off there is no hue.

925C9B46-D894-4C33-808F-FC774AC350BB.jpeg
that is good you have no gaps with the sky showing if the top is off what brand is that again because I have the alien 2 piece and mine doesn't have that mine has 2 inch Gap in the front where the sun comes through when I hate it they said they made it that way so you can meet the handles you can have it all the way like you doing still reef handels what brand do you have

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
that is good you have no gaps with the sky showing if the top is off what brand is that again because I have the alien 2 piece and mine doesn't have that mine has 2 inch Gap in the front where the sun comes through when I hate it they said they made it that way so you can meet the handles you can have it all the way like you doing still reef handels what brand do you have
There is no gap in the front for the sun to come through. There are gaps going down the sides, but are so little that I can hardly notice it. I have no issues accessing the latches for the soft top. The freedom panels may be a different story, but I hardly remove the freedom panels when the hard top is on anyways.This is the spiderweb shade one piece. I wanted the one piece because I don't have to change anything when I go between the soft top and hard top. They do have a two piece, but mounts differently depending on the top. I am not sure about the alien sunshade, but at higher speeds there is a slight humming/vibration sound from this one piece, but can easily be drowned out with some music. If I didn't have a little one I wouldn't have gotten this at all, but the wind and direct sun would bother him. I took him for a spin with this shade on and he approves! It certainly cuts down on the wind flowing to the back seat and obviously reduces the sunlight coming in, but still gives enough of the open air feel.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
With the 2 peice you don't have the hump on top like the one piece has that's why I went with the 2 peice. I just think it's cleaner look but that's my opinion

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I took a quick picture on my lunch break to give you an idea. There is absolutely no red hue from the shade. Even when the top is off there is no hue.

925C9B46-D894-4C33-808F-FC774AC350BB.jpeg
I cant remember is this the 1 or 2 piece spider shade ?

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I cant remember is this the 1 or 2 piece spider shade ?
This is the one piece. I have both tops and didn’t want to have to keep switching how the sunshade is mounted.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This is the one piece. I have both tops and didn’t want to have to keep switching how the sunshade is mounted.
So you have the two piece also or the two piece alien ? I really like the two piece that way you don't have that hump over the soundbar with a one-piece minds me of a hump whale sticking up LOL but everyone has their own opinion I like the two piece itjit has a cleaner look to me

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So you have the two piece also or the two piece alien ? I really like the two piece that way you don't have that hump over the soundbar with a one-piece minds me of a hump whale sticking up LOL but everyone has their own opinion I like the two piece itjit has a cleaner look to me
I have a hard too and soft top. I got the one piece spiderweb shade so I don’t have to change how I mount the sunshade. I do like the two piece shades, but the one piece works better for me. If I had one too I’d get the two piece. I’m still very happy with the one piece.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Someone said with the two-piece spiderwebshade it doesn't hook up right in the back and they had to change something what do they mean I saw the pictures

DCerveza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20200 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I'm looking at getting the Spiderweb Shade (kini) just for the front of my JL 2 door. Obviously the freedom panels are removed for the instillation but does the hard top have to be removed? The only instructions I can find are for a 4 door, with the top off.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at getting the Spiderweb Shade (kini) just for the front of my JL 2 door. Obviously the freedom panels are removed for the instillation but does the hard top have to be removed? The only instructions I can find are for a 4 door, with the top off.
It will be far easier with the top off. I have the kini on my 2-door. The rearmost bungee attaches to the roll bar behind the sound bar and wraps around the outside of the bar. You might be able to get it done with the top just slightly raised off the Jeep body to get the bungee cord routed, but it seems that would be a pain. With the top off it was a pretty quick install.

DCerveza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20200 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
It will be far easier with the top off. I have the kini on my 2-door. The rearmost bungee attaches to the roll bar behind the sound bar and wraps around the outside of the bar. You might be able to get it done with the top just slightly raised off the Jeep body to get the bungee cord routed, but it seems that would be a pain. With the top off it was a pretty quick install.
Thanks for the reply, I figured as much but wasn't sure if I was over looking something.

First Name
Realestaterob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2018 Audi A3, 2007 Porsche Cayman
I bought the JLKini from Spiderwebshade, the freedom tops are super easy to take off and put back on to not have some sort of sunshade. There won't be any worries about it scratching the paint because the mesh didn't go over it. Yeah yeah yeah, I had to take four bolts to loosen the windshield... THAT was even easier. I really don't see what the fuss is all about on that subject. My sunshade is staying on permanently. I have plenty of headroom. I'm 5'11.5".
DC90B873-E2BC-4DCA-AFAF-9C708390A17C.jpeg
8B85F26E-8C26-49BF-A919-B7335A290A72.jpeg
24921AB3-B1E4-4717-BAF6-5236C500C053.jpeg
9CB9D24F-37BC-440D-A6BA-1744091671EE.jpeg
FD7BD873-B592-406F-B84F-9422817F389D.jpeg
0E7005C9-23B8-4A74-9BF5-6F46C3D85B22.jpeg
44887D3B-B1B1-4B46-8505-377B81A125C5.jpeg
A84D6A04-AADD-4AC8-8388-348F2715972A.jpeg
AE35D242-B7B4-473E-983B-1E79D8D57E34.jpeg
In a nutshell, YES. A sunshade is worth it. I personally don't care what kind you get, they all have their pros and cons. Also, I have the option of getting the back covered if I buy the rear part. I just didn't see me going completely topless just yet. I like to take things slow.

Did you paint the small attaching spider nubs red or did they come that way?
Sponsored