Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Ordered the front, need the rear now. Hoping soon.

Anyone want to buy a Spiderwebshade? Loving the two piece way better.

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Got my front yesterday and installed it. Totallly loving it! Pretty easy install, I did not drop my windshield so it was a little harder feeding the bungees through and getting the clips to snag the frame area, but once I did the first one, the other 3 were easier. The rest was easy as pie, and it looks great! The only thing with the shade is it does cut down on head room a bit, but oh well. The thing I like too is that I'll be able to unclip the shade for fall/winter/spring months and I can leave the front bungees attached to the windshield. They will lay right in the channel there when not in use. That way next spring/summer when I re-install the shade, the front bungees are ready to attach to it. Much better design than the Spiderwebshade.

Quick pic.

42936631464_adeff660a4_k.jpg

Now just come out with the rear shade and the world will be right again.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I know this thread is a bit old but we just joined the forum and wanted to answer your questions in case other members come across this thread.

You do not need to fold down the windshield to install our shade. We include custom fabricated windshield clips specifically designed to slide on to the sheet metal that forms the front edge of the windshield frame. These clips are part of the 4 front bungees which keep our shade taut. See pic below.

JL-windshield-clips.jpg
This right here is why they went out of business couple months ago look at the big gap it looks like crap I bought one and it sucks too much of a gap I know this is an old Post just saw it and want to post on it for the hell of it it's why they went out of business

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
This right here is why they went out of business couple months ago look at the big gap it looks like crap I bought one and it sucks too much of a gap I know this is an old Post just saw it and want to post on it for the hell of it it's why they went out of business
How do you know that was the reason?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
How do you know that was the reason?
One its form of speech. I got to know the original owner Alan that started the company and he told me why he sold it but i'm not going talk about what we discussed. And I still have his cell number if I want to call him. Alan was disappointed that the owners let it go like they did when he worked hard to get a business going big from nothing like anyone should. Thats all im going to say about it

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I stand corrected. They are selling an entire product line on Amazon.

ALIEN SUNSHADE: Home page https://www.amazon.com/stores/ALIENSUNSHADE/Homepage/page/57BDC9FC-BC52-4353-932B-9B530E4EE943?channel=Store share - Twitter via @Amazon
That's because Amazon got left with thousands and thousands of shades. I promise you I know the guy that used to own and started alien shades. He started to some people out of Austin Texas they ran it in the ground now what's left out there everywhere people are selling there's no warranty Amazon will take it back yes the Amazon takes anything back that they sell you good luck on getting replacement parts. I've got a rear one right now you can have for free if you pay shipping I wouldn't have it too many bungee cords. They leave too many gaps on the front and sides two-piece and one . Spider web sunshades does not use budgie balls all those bottles everywhere it looks like crap they're bungees cords are sewing into the fabric much cleaner look. Jay tops are nice but they're one piece and they have heavy magnets all over them I did not like the way it came down the back of the row bar and cover the back of the row bar. Had one of theirs and sold it for half price to get rid of it didn't even put it on didn't want to pay the ship it back I'm telling you do your homework spider web shades are the best. See looking down the top of my Jeep how you can see the two piece to me that looks so much cleaner than having that big shade going over the sound bar with a big old hump showing underneath the shade and no mine doesn't flap in the back real bad and rip with the two piece it's a cleaner look but to each his own

Screenshot_20200709-143111_Gallery.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So alien sunshade, is good, anything better?
Yes do you want a bunch of bungee balls everywhere that's so old school I'm telling you they went out of business Amazon is stuck with a bunch of their stuff they are no longer in business. I know the owner that started it and that sold the company to a man in Austin and they let it go under. You're not going to get replacement parts Amazon will send you a refund yes and they just throw stuff away like they do all their stuff if you want no bungee balls checks by the web shades just bungee strings are showing into the material with a little flap it looks so much cleaner. Here's the one piece and here's the two piece to me I don't like the shade on the one piece going over the sound bar with a big hump showing with the two piece it's cleaner it's more like a custom fit and there's goes all the way to the front by the visors where aliens left to 2 inch gap I threw my alien shades away

Screenshot_20210614-204205_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210614-204157_Chrome.jpg

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I just bought a spiderweb shade and haven’t even installed it yet because there’s a problem with it being that close to the windshield. there’s no gap for the soft top latches to latch back, meaning you have to deal with that somehow.

I’ve got a cheap one my wife bought me - having done no research - and it works fine with the soft top. Ironically, it’s the patriotic one of the two, despite being cheap chinese shit:

Jeep Wrangler JL Alien shade for JL 09D33506-43AA-4ADB-ABD1-FBD59AC9853E

I’m not going to return the spiderweb shade. It’s made in America and I don’t want them penalized because I didn’t research thoroughly enough. When this cheap chinese one inevitably breaks, I’ll figure out a way to make the spiderweb shade work. 550 cord can do a lot... as seen in my install above^
Sponsored