First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK — Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
thx for your info.. very good reference before making decision on lift kit
Trail Recons video
Probably one of the most important things to remember with that video is that the AEV kit is designed for loaded Jeep’s, not stock with no added weight beyond the driver. He mentions that, but it’s hard to make an apples to apples comparison.
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
I Installed the AEV Dualsport 2.5 lift last weekend on my 2018 JLU Sport. Considering this is the first time installing a lift (previous cars were lowered with coil overs) installation was straight forward and I did not have any issues. I am really happy with the ride, handling, of the AEV lift. I do have a Clayton front track bar ordered to re-center the front axle.
Thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread, it really helped with my decision on which lift to purchase.
Wheels and tires are 20x9 +1 Fuel Rebel 5 and 35x12.5x20 BFG KO2 wheels.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 9C97663D-595C-4F51-AAD4-8CF35C276576

Last edited:

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
So after installing this lift, my caster is very low (4.1) per the alignment shop. I just want to make sure I have the caster plates in right. I set them for the highest lift. Which should give me the most caster right? I did order the mopar lift LCAs, so maybe that will help once I get them on.

427F0A91-B211-4F6C-BB5E-765FF8622DE7.jpeg

38479547-BD67-4A93-99A3-4BBF49028741.jpeg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So after installing this lift, my caster is very low (4.1) per the alignment shop. I just want to make sure I have the caster plates in right. I set them for the highest lift. Which should give me the most caster right? I did order the mopar lift LCAs, so maybe that will help once I get them on.

427F0A91-B211-4F6C-BB5E-765FF8622DE7.jpeg

38479547-BD67-4A93-99A3-4BBF49028741.jpeg
Haven’t read much on this lift and trying to see what the orientation of washer does to the UCA. Does that position pull UCA more to rear of vehicle or push it more forward? If pushing forward will definitely give you less caster.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven’t read much on this lift and trying to see what the orientation of washer does to the UCA. Does that position pull UCA more to rear of vehicle or push it more forward? If pushing forward will definitely give you less caster.
I believe it pulls it more rearward.

Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@somedude922
Here is a thread I found where @voland and @Kurt0 are using both geometry brackets and longer lca’s.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ection-brackets-for-2-lift-recommended.48550/
I’d reach out to them for specifics or maybe they will chime in.
I have my washer set to the 2.5-3 inch lift. I won’t know if this is enough or not until my alignment scheduled late May.
My longer LCAs arrive tomorrow and I will get them on next week. Thanks for your reply. I will post back when I get them on and get an alignment !

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
My longer LCAs arrive tomorrow and I will get them on next week. Thanks for your reply. I will post back when I get them on and get an alignment !
Let us know. I’m really light with plastic bumpers and soft top. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ll end up needing adjustable lca or mopar lca’s as well.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar lift LCAs brought caster to 5.5. Handles much better.

hmnshee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Thanks to everyone who has participated in this helpful thread, it helps me to decide the lift kit that i will purchase in future because the sponsor of AEV in my country said it will be available after 4 months :lipssealed:

my questions here

the lift kit is enough or i should buy track bar ? and LCA from Mopar ? or track bar is enough to adjust the caster ?
if i got 3" and more shall i change drive shaft or no need ? my jeep is JL Unlimited Sport for ur info

your advise and replay will be more helpful guys

Last edited:

Sponsored

lordcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Thanks to everyone who has participated in this helpful thread, it helps me to decide the lift kit that i will purchase in future because the sponsor of AEV in my country said it will be available after 4 months :lipssealed:

my questions here

the lift kit is enough or i should buy track bar ? and LCA from Mopar ? or track bar is enough to adjust the caster ?
if i got 3" and more shall i change drive shaft or no need ? my jeep is JL Unlimited Sport for ur info

your advise and replay will be more helpful guys
Your front axle will be off center slightly after changing the suspension geometry from the AEV lift. Maybe by 3/4 inch or so. I have the AEV lift and installed a Steer Smarts Yeti front track bar to correct it back to center.

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Your front axle will be off center slightly after changing the suspension geometry from the AEV lift. Maybe by 3/4 inch or so. I have the AEV lift and installed a Steer Smarts Yeti front track bar to correct it back to center.
I ended up going with the mopar, just because the reviews/suggestions I got said it would ride a little better on the road than the aev. I cannot say whether it does or not. I can say it rides okay with 37s, but they need Aird down. I did add the Rc adjustable front track bar, and adjustable front lower control arms. It wonders a little at highway speeds, so I just ordered an adjustable rear track bar, relocation bracket and rear upper/lower control arms (Clayton’s :)

Hope that helps. I don’t think you can go wrong with either, based on reviews.

JeffK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram 2500 5.9 2019 JLU Rubicon
I ended up going with the mopar, just because the reviews/suggestions I got said it would ride a little better on the road than the aev. I cannot say whether it does or not. I can say it rides okay with 37s, but they need Aird down. I did add the Rc adjustable front track bar, and adjustable front lower control arms. It wonders a little at highway speeds, so I just ordered an adjustable rear track bar, relocation bracket and rear upper/lower control arms (Clayton’s :)

Hope that helps. I don’t think you can go wrong with either, based on reviews.
How is the bowing on the front springs?A lot of people with the mopar lift had to get a set of correction pads from RK or other company to fix the Bowing issue.
Sponsored