Not open for further replies.

snowtx1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I called Quadratec and they only have the replacement handles, not the other hardware to add this to a non-proximity key vehicle. He directed me back to the dealer. He also told me that it will most likely be a year before they come out with a complete kit.
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I called Quadratec and they only have the replacement handles, not the other hardware to add this to a non-proximity key vehicle. He directed me back to the dealer. He also told me that it will most likely be a year before they come out with a complete kit.
A kit for retroactively adding proximity locks? That's good news although I bet it's expensive and will still likely involve dealership software changes.

Was it Quadratec or the dealer who told you this 411, and who of these two might be coming out with such a kit?

Thanks.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
When I get back home I will talk with my dealership. They are pretty good about working with people. You can buy the parts separately. The beginning of the thread has a parts list. I may go ahead and try and tack this over the winter. Have it all ready to go and see if the dealership will ask the Regional Manger to add the sales code to my build sheet along with LED, & cold weather group.

snowtx1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
A kit for retroactively adding proximity locks? That's good news although I bet it's expensive and will still likely involve dealership software changes.

Was it Quadratec or the dealer who told you this 411, and who of these two might be coming out with such a kit?

Thanks.
It was Quadratec.

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hello all,
sorry it took so long for me to get back to you all the engineer only comes likes once a month. But I have bad news well at least for my district anyhow. Is adding proximity possible for us yes it is like all the rest have said change wiring door handles all that other stuff but when it comes to programming part that's where we have all ran into the hiccup, so here is the actual truth. Can the local engineer re-configure your vehicle for the proximity? Yes, will he? No it all has to do with liability and Mopar not actually selling a kit for this to be retrofitted so until this happens or someone comes up with a plan B we are unable to get this process done. I hope this clears up all the mass confusion that everyone is having.

Sponsored

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,
sorry it took so long for me to get back to you all the engineer only comes likes once a month. But I have bad news well at least for my district anyhow. Is adding proximity possible for us yes it is like all the rest have said change wiring door handles all that other stuff but when it comes to programming part that's where we have all ran into the hiccup, so here is the actual truth. Can the local engineer re-configure your vehicle for the proximity? Yes, will he? No it all has to do with liability and Mopar not actually selling a kit for this to be retrofitted so until this happens or someone comes up with a plan B we are unable to get this process done. I hope this clears up all the mass confusion that everyone is having.
Yep, no go, Defjnitive! This was my experience last year. I did not speak to engineer, but dealer was adamant “not happening”. Yes, you can by all the parts and easily install (if you are mechanically inclined).

Until some third party can

A) add sales codes to vehicle (they’ll never update FCA database). This is also true of even simply upgrading to 8.4 radio. You’ll never get the Guardian features working...

And
B) program RF hub to allow keys to perform this function

Not happening. Believe me, I wanted this to happen.

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yep, no go, Defjnitive! This was my experience last year. I did not speak to engineer, but dealer was adamant “not happening”. Yes, you can by all the parts and easily install (if you are mechanically inclined).

Until some third party can

A) add sales codes to vehicle (they’ll never update FCA database). This is also true of even simply upgrading to 8.4 radio. You’ll never get the Guardian features working...

And
B) program RF hub to allow keys to perform this function

Not happening. Believe me, I wanted this to happen.
So even if you add the sales codes for the 8.4 not sure how many there are you can’t use the Gardian feature? And I’m not talking about buying a radio from infotainment and having there add the vin to radio there is an actual sales code you can add for the 8.4 screen I haven’t tried it because I have it already in my wife’s Jeep and don’t have the desire to have it in my sport even with my price it’s way to expensive

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
So the regional manager is the only one that can add the sales code? I mean if this is true, then that's at least a path forward.

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Regional manager? No such thing sir the area engineer yes but like a said before he won’t do it the only reason I know this is because I work at a FCA dealer would this person talk to some Joe Shmoe absolutely not there is like 4-5 ppl you have to talk to before it gets to this person and it won’t be an actual sales code at that point it will be an entire reconfiguration of bcm and rf hub I mean sure he can add just a sales code but as soon as that happens and something goes wrong during an update or something that sales code is no longer there and getting it back is going to be a pain in the ass once again, how many of you live in or around Laredo Texas? If you do PM me I may have a little more useful info to get this going in a step forward

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Regional manager? No such thing sir the area engineer yes but like a said before he won’t do it the only reason I know this is because I work at a FCA dealer would this person talk to some Joe Shmoe absolutely not there is like 4-5 ppl you have to talk to before it gets to this person and it won’t be an actual sales code at that point it will be an entire reconfiguration of bcm and rf hub I mean sure he can add just a sales code but as soon as that happens and something goes wrong during an update or something that sales code is no longer there and getting it back is going to be a pain in the ass once again, how many of you live in or around Laredo Texas? If you do PM me I may have a little more useful info to get this going in a step forward
But isn’t this reconfiguration just flashing the firmware? Assuming that you have the proper RFhub and the handles+ parts in place.

Maybe someone would summarize if they know, what’s needed to make this work.

Sponsored

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Why why why oh why is this feature simply not standard on every unit built? Every unit has prox starter button. I've got a 10 year old non fancy rav4 that has it.

There seems to be a large qty of dealer stock units that do not have it. Very well equipped rubicons msrp above 55k. However, without it it's a showstopper. Will order if i have to. What an epic pain.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Why why why oh why is this feature simply not standard on every unit built?
Apart from the Sport model, which is solely physical key based...I'm afraid the answer to your question is: because FCA can get away with it.;)

It's quite amazing how well our beloved rig sells despite features sometimes ala carte or even not available until the after market designs it.

But then again, a Lexus won't climb rocks.;)

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
But isn’t this reconfiguration just flashing the firmware? Assuming that you have the proper RFhub and the handles+ parts in place.

Maybe someone would summarize if they know, what’s needed to make this work.
Yes it is just reflashing after said parts are installed ie: two front door harness new door handles and door handle caps and for rear a jumper harness door handle and door handle cap. But its like this FCA doesn't make an actual kid to make this happen so that's why there isn't a sales code that can just be programmed to your BCM so until (1) they make a kit or (2) someone cracks the codes or whatever they do then it won't be possible, now if you are tech savy you can make your own stand alone kit there is a company is texas that makes them for the rams but not the jeep he programs everything to the RF hub and bypassed the BCM so the RF hub knows you have Proximity and that's how it runs he also made a kit for the rams that had the normal key and you could put press n go in it again bypassed the BCM in a sense and used the RF hub when you vehicle was in the ACC position it would still say "key in ignition" instead of having the little press n go logo in the evic. So anything is possible it just takes time these vehicle haven't been out that long and some things are harder to crack than others

Xpack109

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So i just double checked and there are no specific rf hubs for proximity vehicle it looks as if all are the same can all be flashed with same sales code which would technically only be remote start so that confirms the theory an rf hub is just a module not specific to any vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.