Proximity door locks jl sport

19JLUStingray

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler jl
I have read up on another thread on this. I want to add these to my wrangler jl sport. I read it can be done and have the parts list. My only question is can it be done to only one door? I’m not wore about the gate or passenger or at least right away. Any other help or pointers would be great. It the one thing my wife misses the most since tradeing in her Geand Cherokee.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Please go to the proximity DIY section for your answer instead of starting another repeat thread.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Probably , but its a complete handjob . Idk maybe just be educated and buy a jeep with the options you want from the factory?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Probably , but its a complete handjob . Idk maybe just be educated and buy a jeep with the options you want from the factory?
Awesome way to welcome a new guy! Idk what you mean by “handjob”. And this is a forum about modifying Jeeps.

Gregj

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I have read up on another thread on this. I want to add these to my wrangler jl sport. I read it can be done and have the parts list. My only question is can it be done to only one door? I’m not wore about the gate or passenger or at least right away. Any other help or pointers would be great. It the one thing my wife misses the most since tradeing in her Geand Cherokee.
I'm about 90% sure you can do only the one door. I'll be ordering the parts soon to do mine as well.

BTW, I just joined the site as well and have found a lot of good info here. There are a few ass clowns who think it's their place to point out all your shortcomings, faults and failures but mostly good people willing to share their experiences and knowledge.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Welcome to the forum, as noted above see the thread in the DIY forum or pm me with questions. I have added Proximity to two Jeeps one of which is a Sport S

Gregj

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey Brent:

Welcome to the forum. My guess to your question regarding applying proximity door locks to only one door would be a cautious "yes" based upon @Etch's discovery and explanation of the process here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nks-on-jl-wrangler.49241/page-31#post-1152476 using the Jscan software, a compatible ODBII adapter (with Jscan) and a security bypass cable (let me know if you need help making sense of those words) and the MOPAR hardware to effect this.

As you can see from the above link, under the "Passive Entry Settings" submenu of Jscan (IOS version post mid June/2020) shown at the link, each proximity entry appears to be able to be turned on or off at owner will.

BTW: expect that you will need to reprogram this with Jscan, your ODBII adapter and security bypass cable, ever time a dealer reflashes your rig.

OP
OP
19JLUStingray

19JLUStingray

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler jl
Thanks for the help. Didn’t mean to start something. I did search the thread is so long goes on and on. I’ll watch what I post from now on. I am leasing my wrangler and got a great deal on it going to end up buying it in the end.

revolution_332
Not all of us can afford what we really would like! But thanks for the great advice.

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
You most certainly can do just one door. That is what I did with my jeep and finished up the rest of the doors as I had time. Please just be aware that with a Sport you will need to add wires from the connector xy315 behind the drives side kick panel to the xy600/xy615 which is your door harness connector. if you have any questions about it feel free to send me a PM. Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Welcome aboard!!

I was watching the DIY thread(s) for a while and it seems like the challenging part is to get the dealer to get the sales code entered. Maybe things are easing a bit so please keep us posted in your journey. We can't do it alone so everyone's experience and feedback is valuable to keep the modding going.

Good luck and enjoy!

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
That's what we are here for! You have some idiots, figures their from jersey, on here but 99.9 % of people on this site are very helpful.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
That's what we are here for! You have some idiots, figures their from jersey, on here but 99.9 % of people on this site are very helpful.
Hey I'm from Connecticut but I'd love to help! I've gotten some great advice and can answer any questions so I'm offering a hand to PM me if needed too.

Also, I do not mean this in a bad way whatsoever, but all of the information is easily accessible from start to finish on that DIY forum. Even the question about one door is answered there. I think it's just easier to work on that forum for three main reasons: (1) The questions you have may very well be answered in there, yes I know it's long but worth the read (2) You'll get responses from the very same people who figured it out already since most probably have email notifications on that post and (3) If you or somebody ends up asking a valuable question here that gets answered, some people down the road may never see it.
Sponsored