Sponsored

Proximity locks & impatient wife

Sponsored

gssnyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
The problem with opening the door for your wife (I usually do, cars and buildings, and was taught to do so by my mother), is when you don't do it. Then you get called out for NOT doing it. :facepalm:
My wife will stand there and stare at me on the rare occasion I don't open her door! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Maybe I'm just old school, but if you opened the door for your wife it would take care of your problem and might also benefit you in other ways.....
I totally agree, my wife will not touch a door handle, whether in a vehicle or a building, if I am in the proximity. She likes it and other women are envious.

OP
OP
Reinen

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I totally agree, my wife will not touch a door handle, whether in a vehicle or a building, if I am in the proximity. She likes it and other women are envious.
Yeah, I know other people have it easier than I do. All you need to do is open a door and you can do so unimpeded without sabotage. Sounds dreamy.

Now imagine trying opening a door for someone who will literally run in front of you (she's really good at it), stand directly in front of the door with hand on the touch sensitive door handle, be unable to open the door as she won't carry her fob, while standing not only in your way of reaching the handle but also in the way of the door itself opening. ...and blames the Jeep for the predicament she's in.

That's my wife. When it comes to chivalry and proximity entry, she's straight up broken. She's past the warrantee period and no repair facility will accept her. I have to find a workaround.

OP
OP
Reinen

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
This is nothing, my wife opens the damn Jeep door while i'm rolling up the windows in that small amount of time you get after shutting off the engine :angry:
You can do that? That must mean I've NEVER beaten her to that door opening!

Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
The best way to solve this is simple, just donā€™t have a wife. Im single with no kids, I have the Unlimited with manual locks. Itā€™s pretty simple, I walk up to the vehicle, flip out the key on the fob, stick it in the keyhole, turn the key, and eureka Iā€™m good to go. Peace of mind. If I need to put something in the back seat I just reach my hand through and good to go. I pretty much only use the rear portion of the Jeep for extra space while camping. I may of had a few of my siblings use the back seat while I was in town to visit. I just unlocked the doors and left them unlocked everywhere we went. I like that Jeep letā€™s you lock your glovebox and center console, as for the rest of the Jeep, Iā€™m not worried about anyone taking anything. If someone wants to get in my Jeep and sit in there while Iā€™m in a grocery store, theyā€™re more than welcome, but it would be slightly awkward when I come out of the store.