4xe Lift Kit?

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Went to my dealership today and while I was there, measured at least 4 JLUR 4xe w/ stock bumpers and tires (ko2). Noticed an interesting trend; all the fronts measured 1/2 inch taller than the rears. They were consistently 24.5" (front) and 24" (rear) - measured to the same spot on the fender. This makes sense due to the placement of the battery on the 4xe. So this begs the question of whether it makes sense to swap the spacers of the spacer lift kits and put the taller spacer in the rear....especially for overlanders and car campers who will mostly be adding weight to the rear of the Jeep. Where might I be going wrong with this line of thought?
That's expected. The rear is actually higher, you just can't compare the front to rear because the Rubicon has raised front fenders by about 1".
Sponsored

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
That's expected. The rear is actually higher, you just can't compare the front to rear because the Rubicon has raised front fenders by about 1".
So with those measurements, is it safe to conclude that the rake is higher by 1/2 inch on the rear (at stock)? This may be a dumb question; what then, is the proper way to measure for "leveling" the vehicle?

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
So with those measurements, is it safe to conclude that the rake is higher by 1/2 inch on the rear (at stock)? This may be a dumb question; what then, is the proper way to measure for "leveling" the vehicle?
Yes, 1/2 - 3/4" is about what I an seeing. My Sahara as just under 1" (just picked up).

I don't know if there is a standard way, but I'd say run a straight edge along the lower window line and measure up to that? Maybe "extend out" from the running boards and use that as the parallel?

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
One thing I've taken note of is that with the 4xe, there seems to be no immediately available way to lower/re-route the rear e-brake lines. The inside floor extends way down in front of the crossmember that you normally re-route the lines under, there's zero room to run the lines the way most non-4xe lift kits require. In fact, the body mounted e-brake line bracket up under there is a new "wire hanger" bracket. So chalk that up as one change that will require something different when going 2"+ in the rear (and factor in the already 1" from the factory...). I think I'll be find putting my 1" spacer in there, I'm not going to be going major off-roading, but it's something that most lift kits will need to change how they address with the 4xe.

Boondoggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
One thing I've taken note of is that with the 4xe, there seems to be no immediately available way to lower/re-route the rear e-brake lines. The inside floor extends way down in front of the crossmember that you normally re-route the lines under, there's zero room to run the lines the way most non-4xe lift kits require. In fact, the body mounted e-brake line bracket up under there is a new "wire hanger" bracket. So chalk that up as one change that will require something different when going 2"+ in the rear (and factor in the already 1" from the factory...). I think I'll be find putting my 1" spacer in there, I'm not going to be going major off-roading, but it's something that most lift kits will need to change how they address with the 4xe.
Thanks for the input and added info!! Since this really is a temporary lift for me (until the actual off-road needs define itself - using this for a long term overland rig), I will probably stay with the 1.5" front and 1" rear spacer lift given the JLU 4xe is already 1" taller due to the stock springs.

Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
If we wanted additional height to the Mopar lift could we add in some spacers for another inch or two? Or you can't add a spacer lift on top of the Mopar lift?

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
If we wanted additional height to the Mopar lift could we add in some spacers for another inch or two? Or you can't add a spacer lift on top of the Mopar lift?
Yes - it's common practice for some to add a spacer to the front of the Mopar kit just to level it. But you have to consider the new height and what other parts you may need (track bar, adj control arms, etc).

eLECTRICON

I went with a Teraflex 1 inch front spacer and 1/2 spacer in the rear with 35s. I couldn’t be more happy with the look. I was originally was going to go 1.5 in the front in 1 inch in the back, but the gap was to much.

BAC45C65-F0AF-41CD-9B04-B8648FE28E28.jpeg
Thats sharp! I like the smoked lens.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Was there ever a new part number released?
Any chance anyone knows about this one?

My 37s are taking up too much space in the garage and I need to get a lift on so I can install these suckers :) Want to be sure I don’t end up with an old Mopar lift though.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Any chance anyone knows about this one?

My 37s are taking up too much space in the garage and I need to get a lift on so I can install these suckers :) Want to be sure I don’t end up with an old Mopar lift though.
I do not recall the # your dealer should know it was also my understanding the old part# we all recalled.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I do not recall the # your dealer should know it was also my understanding the old part# we all recalled.
I wish I trusted my local dealers enough to know these details 😂 Unfortunately, one thing I’ve learned over the years is that at least around here, the dealers almost never know as much as we do in this forum.

@JeepCares is on the ball and knowledgeable, maybe you can help confirm?

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
...one thing I’ve learned over the years is that at least around here, the dealers almost never know as much as we do in this forum...
I was told the p/n remains the same at 77072522. That's what I bought & it's on a 3 to 4 week backorder.

I'd encourage you to call Mopar Performance Parts 1-888-528-HEMI to get the definitive answer.

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
I went with a Teraflex 1 inch front spacer and 1/2 spacer in the rear with 35s. I couldn’t be more happy with the look. I was originally was going to go 1.5 in the front in 1 inch in the back, but the gap was to much.

BAC45C65-F0AF-41CD-9B04-B8648FE28E28.jpeg
Looks fantastic. Did you change the shocks?

JStyles300

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
I was told the p/n remains the same at 77072522. That's what I bought & it's on a 3 to 4 week backorder.

I'd encourage you to call Mopar Performance Parts 1-888-528-HEMI to get the definitive answer.
I've been talking to the Mopar Performance Parts team on a daily basis this week due to the issue I'm having with the lift I put on this past weekend. Long story short, there was no recall on the 77072522 kit and all the part numbers are the same. There is no difference in the kit I received that was built 11/24/2020 and the kits being built today. I've read a lot of stuff on these forums where people are saying there was a recall on the kit. According to Performance Parts, that didn't apply to the 4xe kit and they aren't aware there is an issue that would necessitate a change to this kit. That's per three different Performance Parts people I spoke to. It seems most of the people that got this kit and got a fraction of the 2" gain Mopar thinks you're getting aren't complaining to Mopar about it, so they haven't changed it. In Mopar's words when I talked to them again today: "this 4xe kit is designed to give the 4xe Rubicon at least two inches of gain for the life of the vehicle and will likely give the others more, but they'll get at least two inches."

P.S. I have a Rubicon 4xe and realized a .75" gain on the front and .5" gain on the rear with this kit. You can get that out of a spacer for 1/10th the cost.

If you have this kit and didn't get two inches out the lift, it would benefit the entire community to call Mopar or your dealer and start talking about it...that's how things get fixed.
Sponsored