4xe Lift Kit?

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler unlimited, ordered 2021 rubicon 4xe
Teraflex is telling me the 1.5" ST1 spacer lift will not work. did you run into any challenges with the install by chance?
no issues during the install. I also did not measure front caster after the install to see if I needed lower control arms. So far I havea little over 6,500 miles including 3 off road drives on the kit.
Sponsored

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Chiming in here with my troubles with this kit as well.

I first called the Mopar Performance Parts hotline before ordering my kit, armed with the knowledge that were issues with it regarding warped coils. I asked the agent if they recalled all the faulty kits from third parties and he said yes and that were were likely less than 100 units that got through the system. That gave me the confidence to go ahead and order this kit from @AllMoparParts.com

It took forever to come in but it finally did last week and I took my Jeep to the dealership to have installed this past Tuesday, itā€™s been there since. They actually installed the kit within a couple of hours and called me immediately after test driving it and said the front left coil is warped and results in loud banging when driving and isnā€™t safe.

After having tried so hard to avoid this very situation ahead of time, I still get bit. Very frustrating.

They are working on getting a new coil shipped in and is supposed to be here by tomorrow, but my confidence level is pretty low if Iā€™m being honest.

Warped coil springs aside, Iā€™m aware thereā€™s mixed results regarding actual lifted height after being installed. So.. looking forward to being disappointed there as well.

Word to the wise, donā€™t but this kit right now!

@JeepCares
Update to this story. I don't know if the community here has been circulating any fixes for this so I'm sharing my findings. The good news is that there is a relatively quick fix for the 'warped coil' issues. The bad news is that I'm also one of the ones that's barely getting 1" out of this lift versus the advertised 2", so I'll be calling and complaining about that.

So I finally got my Jeep back from the dealership after over a week. The replacement front left coil that they ordered did NOT solve the problem, turns out the issue is the coil isolator. Kinda funny, there's actually a technical service bulletin regarding this issue from a few years ago (02-006-18 REV. A) and the fix still applies in this case for the 4XE. Before you schedule your install, do yourself a favor and order that part or the alternatives like Rock Krawler or Daystar beforehand and have the dealer install it if there's issues with warping. I find it very odd that they only had to replace the front left coil isolator, but it does drive and sound just fine. I'm also one of the unlucky few who've gotten way less than advertised in terms of the actual lifted height. Barely an inch in my case.. totally unacceptable.

I thought it might be a good idea to start making a list of all the people who are having issues so we can present it to MPP and hopefully get them working on a resolution sooner than later, and one that doesn't require us to pay anything more out of pocket as this seems to be a widespread issue.

Fill this out if you experienced issues with warped coils or if you received less than 2" of lift. Keep in mind this is specifically for 2021 Rubicon 4XE's:
https://forms.gle/MMUZy3zC5jfPebZY6

cc @JeepCares @Drk1

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Now that looks like a real lift. Ive got 35s as well but mines
20210601_174514.jpg
is about an inch shorter (that's what she said šŸ˜‚)
I like the look. I am running 315's on my 4xe too. Maybe its just the angle but are you running spacers?

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Update to this story. I don't know if the community here has been circulating any fixes for this so I'm sharing my findings. The good news is that there is a relatively quick fix for the 'warped coil' issues. The bad news is that I'm also one of the ones that's barely getting 1" out of this lift versus the advertised 2", so I'll be calling and complaining about that.

So I finally got my Jeep back from the dealership after over a week. The replacement front left coil that they ordered did NOT solve the problem, turns out the issue is the coil isolator. Kinda funny, there's actually a technical service bulletin regarding this issue from a few years ago (02-006-18 REV. A) and the fix still applies in this case for the 4XE. Before you schedule your install, do yourself a favor and order that part or the alternatives like Rock Krawler or Daystar beforehand and have the dealer install it if there's issues with warping. I find it very odd that they only had to replace the front left coil isolator, but it does drive and sound just fine. I'm also one of the unlucky few who've gotten way less than advertised in terms of the actual lifted height. Barely an inch in my case.. totally unacceptable.

I thought it might be a good idea to start making a list of all the people who are having issues so we can present it to MPP and hopefully get them working on a resolution sooner than later, and one that doesn't require us to pay anything more out of pocket as this seems to be a widespread issue.

Fill this out if you experienced issues with warped coils or if you received less than 2" of lift. Keep in mind this is specifically for 2021 Rubicon 4XE's:
https://forms.gle/MMUZy3zC5jfPebZY6

cc @JeepCares @Drk1
Ok I filled it out

Sponsored

kushil89

First Name
Kushil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 4xe Sahara
So for a Sahara 4xe, what are the recommended non Mopar lifts I can use? Looking for 2" or more since I want to put 35"s on it.

NASH732

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4Xe
I'm going with a spacer lift either TeraFlex 2.5" or AEV 2". If anyone has another recommendation I am open to them.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Too many QC issues on the Mopar lift to drop $$ on it.

I'd rather wait for Teraflex or Metalcloak to release their 4XE specific lifts. Until then, seems like a spacer lift would be the way to go.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Just a heads up if you guys order the 1.5" Teraflex Spacer lift from Amazon, make sure you check the part number as soon as you get it. I'm now on my third attempt to get the right one from the Amazon seller, I've received the 2 door kit twice so far (2 door front spacer is an inch shorter than the 4 door kit).

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Do you mind measuring from the top center of the tire to the inner wheel well? Best I could tell, stock is about 7.5ā€ so Iā€™d expect yours to measure about 10ā€ in your case.

Can you also confirm that the dealer installed the 4XE 2ā€ lift with no other modifications like spacers or something?

Just thought, Stock JLRU has 7.7 from top of thee 33" time to the bottom on the fender. If I have 10" after the lift but that is with 35's. so the tire took up another inch. That would tell me the dealer raised it 3.5" above stock.. right?

Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Question I have the Mopar and obviously it's not the height I wanted so was thinking of adding tera flex 2" spacers on top of it. Can I do it? Anything to be concerned of?

TheRealChad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 4xe
I am on 38ā€™s. Dealer measured the difference between mine w the Mopar lift and a stock Rubi 4xe to be 3ā€. Thatā€™s basically the tire difference plus less than an inch. What is the fix? Totally unacceptable. Anyone having a hard time with Jeep getting support? Service Dealer wouldnā€™t work on my mopar tire carrier / tailgate, lift issue Jeep customer service said they have never heard of, etc. really poor experience after buying a 4xe, the second highest priced sku Jeep makes

JStyles300

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
I mean what are we supposed to do? Go back to the dealer and tell them to make it taller?
I called Mopar Performance, who ultimately told me to make an appointment with my local service department. I made the appointment, they looked it over to confirm the install was right and verify the lift gave me nowhere close to 2 inches. From there, we're still working it out...trying to figure out what Mopar is going to do.

The issue has been that everyone I've talked to when I call Mopar is like, "we really haven't been hearing from customers that they're getting less than two inches from this lift." I'm like, "well, it's literally all over the internet. Someone in internet land decided a Rubicon is only supposed to get an inch from this lift, so people aren't complaining about it." They're like, "Well, that's not very smart. We advertise the lift as two inches." Until people speak up, it's not an issue...until then, we all get robbed of hard earned money.

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I went with a Teraflex 1 inch front spacer and 1/2 spacer in the rear with 35s. I couldnā€™t be more happy with the look. I was originally was going to go 1.5 in the front in 1 inch in the back, but the gap was to much.

BAC45C65-F0AF-41CD-9B04-B8648FE28E28.jpeg
Do you have the link to these specific parts? This is the perfect size. I was look at 1.50 but too much.

Kats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Do you have the link to these specific parts? This is the perfect size. I was look at 1.50 but too much.
@GioSantamaria08 Nice looking rig!! Thanks for sharing the lift info/pic. Yes, please share the part numbers for the spacer/kit.
Also, what tires/wheels are you using? Do you have to do any other mods/reconfigure and/pr program anything to accommodate the lift?
Sponsored