My First Wrangler - Concerns about lift kit options for 4xe

Rjmoss

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unlimited
Just ordered my first Wrangler! It’s a 4XE black on black Sahara with sky 1 touch roof! I’m very excited but my concern is with the lack of lift kits avaible. I’ve always wanted a Wrangler with a aggressive stance and big tires/ wheels (37’s / 22’s ). I know the mopar 2” kit is available but that lift seems to be getting only 1” of lift. I want a true 3-3.5” lift. Will there be any new lifts coming out in the near future? Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I went with the 4XE because electric is the future and it seems pretty cool. I won’t be doing much off-roading but will take it from time to time!
Sponsored

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
Just ordered my first Wrangler! It’s a 4XE black on black Sahara with sky 1 touch roof! I’m very excited but my concern is with the lack of lift kits avaible. I’ve always wanted a Wrangler with a aggressive stance and big tires/ wheels (37’s / 22’s ). I know the mopar 2” kit is available but that lift seems to be getting only 1” of lift. I want a true 3-3.5” lift. Will there be any new lifts coming out in the near future? Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I went with the 4XE because electric is the future and it seems pretty cool. I won’t be doing much off-roading but will take it from time to time!
There will be more 4xe lifts coming out pretty soon. Several companies are working on them.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Only an inch on the Rubicon, you’ll get 2 with the Mopar kit on a Sahara.

there may be more available when yours gets in, but ours should be what a true 3” would be on your Sahara. You could probably get away with what would be a 3.5” on a rubicon eco Deisel, may lose a little height from the weight, but even if you lose an inch it would be offset by the Rubicon difference,

will need to watch driveshaft at that height, and maybe fenders.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
As gatorb8 mentioned, remeber that the Sahara is 1” lower than the Rubicon. (Many times the same lift is offered for all trim levels, but the lift height is then often quoted for the Rubicon. I.e. a 2 inch lift gives 3 inches on a Sahara). Another thing to remember is that most lifts will give more than the height increase they list when first installed. It takes a few weeks for the springs to settle.

one other thought, the fenders are much lower on a Sahara. If you really plan on 37’s, i would suggest gettin a set of Rubicon fender flares, or aftermarket. I am afraid 37’s will rub on the Sahara.

lishmac

First Name
SHLI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4xe
rock krawler and teraflex has 4xe and working on lift kits but don't know when (based on their instagram post), so I believe eventually there will be more options.

It's disappointing that 392 model is available later than 4xe but a lot of mainstream manufacturers are rolling out lift kits for 392 but nothing for 4xe, there are a ton of folks here are on spacer lifts and waiting...

Sponsored

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
rock krawler and teraflex has 4xe and working on lift kits but don't know when (based on their instagram post), so I believe eventually there will be more options.

It's disappointing that 392 model is available later than 4xe but a lot of mainstream manufacturers are rolling out lift kits for 392 but nothing for 4xe, there are a ton of folks here are on spacer lifts and waiting...
Wait…the 392 and Sahara 4xe are basically the same weight. shouldn’t a lift kit for a 392 work the same way on a 4xe?

6D2CB913-5260-4365-9DCA-8310AC2AA147.png

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Wait…the 392 and Sahara 4xe are basically the same weight. shouldn’t a lift kit for a 392 work the same way on a 4xe?
They may be nearly the same total weight, but that weight will be mostly on the front axle for the 392 while the 4xe has a better weight distribution with the battery nearly on top of the rear axle. Ideally, the spring rates will differ to compensate for the different models.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
They may be nearly the same total weight, but that weight will be mostly on the front axle for the 392 while the 4xe has a better weight distribution with the battery nearly on top of the rear axle. Ideally, the spring rates will differ to compensate for the different models.
Ah this makes sense. 👍

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
On a 4xE group, I just saw an order for a JLU 4xe 3.5 Adventure kit with spring substitution using the following part numbers:

RK07960 3.5" 4XE Front Coil
RK07961 3.5"4xE Rear Coil
Sponsored