Sponsored

JStyles300

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
New to the forum, as I just got my Rubicon 4xe last month. I think I had the opposite experience everyone else seems to have had with this lift. I ordered the 4xe specific kit and finished putting it on yesterday…measured before and after from the top center of the wheel to the fender…and I only got a 1” gain all the way around. I checked all the part numbers when I opened the box…they were all correct…and I know the install went according to the instructions. I know I wanted a 2” lift, but would’ve been willing to take the 3” everyone seems to be getting. Perplexed…and pissed…seems to be an accurate description of how I’m feeling about this lift right now.
Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
New to the forum, as I just got my Rubicon 4xe last month. I think I had the opposite experience everyone else seems to have had with this lift. I ordered the 4xe specific kit and finished putting it on yesterday…measured before and after from the top center of the wheel to the fender…and I only got a 1” gain all the way around. I checked all the part numbers when I opened the box…they were all correct…and I know the install went according to the instructions. I know I wanted a 2” lift, but would’ve been willing to take the 3” everyone seems to be getting. Perplexed…and pissed…seems to be an accurate description of how I’m feeling about this lift right now.
No one is getting 3", however Sahra's will get about 2". because the Rubicon is an inch higher from the factory that ate up your other 1". Frankly the Mopar 2" at only 1" of lift is a collosal waste of $$$ and frankly a gross misrepresentation from mopar calling it a 2" lift.

That 1" you did get will still lose a little when your springs settle. You would have been just as well served with a 1" spacer for 1/4 the cost however the FOX shocks you now have are a major improvement.

JStyles300

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No one is getting 3", however Sahra's will get about 2". because the Rubicon is an inch higher from the factory that ate up your other 1". Frankly the Mopar 2" at only 1" of lift is a collosal waste of $$$ and frankly a gross misrepresentation from mopar calling it a 2" lift.

That 1" you did get will still lose a little when your springs settle. You would have been just as well served with a 1" spacer for 1/4 the cost however the FOX shocks you now have are a major improvement.
I've seen many people claiming to have gotten more than 2"...some up to 3.5" from this kit...and a few Rubicon's claiming "right at two inches." Nonetheless, I've now talked to Mopar several times and, even after detailing exactly what I have, they're telling me that kit is supposed to give me "at least two inches of lift for the life of the vehicle." I'm guessing they haven't fixed anything because people are accepting less than what they paid for. If everyone who didn't get 2" went back to Mopar and called them on it, they'd have to do something different.

Fundamentally, I see this very similarly to many other purchases. If someone told me I was paying for a vehicle that would give me 23 miles on electric and I only got 22...no big deal...but if I got 10 miles out of that charge, we're going to have to address that.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I've seen many people claiming to have gotten more than 2"...some up to 3.5" from this kit...and a few Rubicon's claiming "right at two inches." Nonetheless, I've now talked to Mopar several times and, even after detailing exactly what I have, they're telling me that kit is supposed to give me "at least two inches of lift for the life of the vehicle." I'm guessing they haven't fixed anything because people are accepting less than what they paid for. If everyone who didn't get 2" went back to Mopar and called them on it, they'd have to do something different.

Fundamentally, I see this very similarly to many other purchases. If someone told me I was paying for a vehicle that would give me 23 miles on electric and I only got 22...no big deal...but if I got 10 miles out of that charge, we're going to have to address that.
NO ONE is claiming 2" or more on a 4xe, Yes non 4xe Rubicons do get about 2" and Non 4xe Sahara's up to 3 inches. There is a Facebook forum dedicated to 4XE lifts that will also support the 1" only on the 4xe Rubicon. Anyone with a 4xe telling you they got 2" or more are telling you fish stories. Frankly unless you are running 37's and plan to full articulate the 4xe only needs 1", not that that makes anything better. If you did have that extra inch that would make the lift equivalent to 3" with would require more geometry parts. Even with the 1" you likely need a new trackbar.

JStyles300

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NO ONE is claiming 2" or more on a 4xe, Yes non 4xe Rubicons do get about 2" and Non 4xe Sahara's up to 3 inches. There is a Facebook forum dedicated to 4XE lifts that will also support the 1" only on the 4xe Rubicon. Anyone with a 4xe telling you they got 2" or more are telling you fish stories. Frankly unless you are running 37's and plan to full articulate the 4xe only needs 1", not that that makes anything better. If you did have that extra inch that would make the lift equivalent to 3" with would require more geometry parts. Even with the 1" you likely need a new trackbar.
The most interesting part of all of this to me are the Jeepers who are just willing to get half of what they paid for. Talking with Mopar again today, they're like, "we're not hearing that people are getting less than 2" on the 4xe lift. If we had people telling us that, we'd be escalating cases to the engineers to fix it...just like we did with the non-4xe kit." They then reiterate, "this 4xe kit is designed to give ANY 4xe at least two inches of lift for the life of the vehicle."

So, what seems to be "commonly accepted" in this community as a willingness to get less than you pay for...isn't what's supposed to be happening, but nobody is forcing the issue to be corrected.

Sponsored

TheRealChad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 4xe
I did not get 2” on the mopar lift and I am very upset with Jeep customer service saying they hAgent heard this before. I have a Rubi 4xe w the 2” lift and 38” tires. Would love to get my money back and apply it to a proper lift. Horrible Jeepexperience so far when it comes to service and supporting their product. Frankly I’m appalled.

TheRealChad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 4xe
The most interesting part of all of this to me are the Jeepers who are just willing to get half of what they paid for. Talking with Mopar again today, they're like, "we're not hearing that people are getting less than 2" on the 4xe lift. If we had people telling us that, we'd be escalating cases to the engineers to fix it...just like we did with the non-4xe kit." They then reiterate, "this 4xe kit is designed to give ANY 4xe at least two inches of lift for the life of the vehicle."

So, what seems to be "commonly accepted" in this community as a willingness to get less than you pay for...isn't what's supposed to be happening, but nobody is forcing the issue to be corrected.
Do you have anything in writing that says the lift should give any 4xe 2” by any chance? I’m trying to fight the good fight on this one. Thanks in advance!