Sponsored

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
So 15% on the front was a good match for what comes from the factory?
My detailer recommended 20% on mine (to match factory rears). Check your state's laws to make sure whatever you get is legal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
My guy recommended 20% on mine (to match factory rears). Check your state's laws to make sure whatever you get is legal.
Ohio law is nothing darker than 50% VLT on front side windows and nothing darker than 70% VLT on the windshield.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Well, Ford has it's own quality issues....I just sold my piece of crap raptor. leaking transfer case at 4k miles, front diff 18k miles, and transmission went slipping and banging at 20k miles.....went to two dealer 3 separate times and all just told me it's normal. To be honest, both brand sucks...
Yep. Just traded in a 2019 Mustang GT after owning a 2015 Mustang GT, wife has a 2018 Eco vert. Ford is no better overall. Go spend some time on the Mustang forums and you'll see the same things.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
After 3 weeks of my dealership trying to get the battery replaced, and Jeep corporate insisting that they change cheaper modules, they have finally escalated my case to get the full EV battery replaced. I drove the car for 24 hours before the light came on, barely put 40 miles on the clock. It's been at the dealer now for 30 days and Stellantis is trying to decide what to do if I keep the vehicle. They said I could get a full repurchase, but I would lose the NY state tax and have to wait another 30 days. They also said I could replace the vehicle, but that would also take 30 days and the lost 2 months of my lease would not be compensated. So waiting for a fix, and hoping FCA or Stellantis do the right thing for my lost expense of 2 months of the lease, is the best I can hope for. I truly hope that more publicity goes into this poorly release electric vehicle. I'm seeing a lot of check engine issues on the forums with this 4xe.
I went through the NJ Lemon law and received every penny that I put out on my Jeep including any extended warranties or protective coatings or tire and rim warranty (I did not have any but was assured that I would have been reimbursed if I did)

Why do you not receive the tax back? I know every state is different, NY has a cap on what dealer fee`s can be charged, it`s a rock solid $75.00 and in NJ it is all over the place $500-$1000

Why not receive a rental on their dime until your new one come in if you choose that route? Isn't that what Jeep Cares is about????

When in doubt, seek a lawyer out, who knows if what they are telling you is even legal? I have never seen a dealer lean towards the buyer, even though all of the cost is on Jeep. Depends on your relationship with your dealer.

Just say it was a 40 mile test drive and let them sell it as a CPO

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, Ford has it's own quality issues....I just sold my piece of crap raptor. leaking transfer case at 4k miles, front diff 18k miles, and transmission went slipping and banging at 20k miles.....went to two dealer 3 separate times and all just told me it's normal. To be honest, both brand sucks...
I bought a 18 Raptor after Jeep left such a bad taste in my mouth after the wandering steering issue and the BS that it was a Jeep thing even after 2 new steering box`s and several software updates.
Ford and GMC share pretty much the same transmission that is manufactured by Allison, I had reprogramed my shift points to have it actually work correctly and that was a Ford software issue

So my issue was with the Cam Phasers like a lot of other Raptor tt3.5`s.......nightmare
So now because of the ponies hat the Raptor had under the hood especially after tuning it I am hooked.
I have a 392 Rubicon coming in any day now and my fingers are crossed.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I bought a 18 Raptor after Jeep left such a bad taste in my mouth after the wandering steering issue and the BS that it was a Jeep thing even after 2 new steering box`s and several software updates.
Ford and GMC share pretty much the same transmission that is manufactured by Allison, I had reprogramed my shift points to have it actually work correctly and that was a Ford software issue

So my issue was with the Cam Phasers like a lot of other Raptor tt3.5`s.......nightmare
So now because of the ponies hat the Raptor had under the hood especially after tuning it I am hooked.
I have a 392 Rubicon coming in any day now and my fingers are crossed.
have updated softwares 2 times, even spend my own dime changed the fluid filter. piece of crap. sold it more than I paid for, not my problem any more. my 392 order is coming, hope that's not a lemon...

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
have updated softwares 2 times, even spend my own dime changed the fluid filter. piece of crap. sold it more than I paid for, not my problem any more. my 392 order is coming, hope that's not a lemon...

Amen, and I hope so too!~

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 4xe; 2020 JTR
I’m dealing with the same issue here. Jeep is driving fine but they can’t get the CEL to turn off. The second time I took it in, they said the only remedy would be to replace the hybrid battery pack... it will probably be going back when I get my other car next week. I can’t afford to be without it right now.

quikslipper

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe High Altitude '21
Not sure if I wanted to bring this back to light, but I reached JUST a little over 1000 miles and my CEL is on, car will not start, had it towed to the dealership that I bought it from, and now I'm being told the actual HYBRID battery under the back seat needs to be replaced. Is this something that can be returned (the jeep) and either get a full refund on or a replacement? I know the lemon laws here in CA and it's almost the same as everywhere else, but the integrity of the jeep is gone. I also don't want to be driving on the highway and the car just dying and having my safety or my wife's safety jeopardized. Any solutions moving forward would help greatly! Thank you guys!
Sponsored