4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL)

ciroval5

First Name
Ciro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Did you check the 12v battery? It may have died while you were gone. The main batteries are terrible across Jeeps lineup.
I disconnected the 12v battery and pushed the fuses. The lights were gone and I drove it for about 20 miles, and then the lights came on again, and I had to tow it to the dealership today. The next available appointment is at the end of next week just to know what is going on. So this is very frustrating!
Sponsored

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
I disconnected the 12v battery and pushed the fuses. The lights were gone and I drove it for about 20 miles, and then the lights came on again, and I had to tow it to the dealership today. The next available appointment is at the end of next week just to know what is going on. So this is very frustrating!
Did you check the battery's charge level? This site is filled with threads about all sorts of lights coming on due to a low or even dead main battery. Same thing happened to my sister's 1 year old compass. The battery died over the summer due to the heat and a bunch of short trips that didnt recharge the battery.

ciroval5

First Name
Ciro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I got an update. The dealership replaced the coolant pump under warranty about two weeks ago, and it has been running smoothly again. So far so good. 🎉👏🙏🏼

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I'm at about 2.5 weeks of ownership and 300ish miles and I got the check engine light. I immediately stopped at the dealer and they said it threw 10 codes at them and then started giving other errors about being ready to refuel, open fuel door, being ready to start (when it's already on), etc. Super.

Andric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara High Altitude 4xe
Mine ended up being a poorly connected connector - 6 days took to find it so be aware that coudl be an easy fix if checked 1st
Sponsored