Sponsored

bennybingbong

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
After 3 weeks of my dealership trying to get the battery replaced, and Jeep corporate insisting that they change cheaper modules, they have finally escalated my case to get the full EV battery replaced. I drove the car for 24 hours before the light came on, barely put 40 miles on the clock. It's been at the dealer now for 30 days and Stellantis is trying to decide what to do if I keep the vehicle. They said I could get a full repurchase, but I would lose the NY state tax and have to wait another 30 days. They also said I could replace the vehicle, but that would also take 30 days and the lost 2 months of my lease would not be compensated. So waiting for a fix, and hoping FCA or Stellantis do the right thing for my lost expense of 2 months of the lease, is the best I can hope for. I truly hope that more publicity goes into this poorly release electric vehicle. I'm seeing a lot of check engine issues on the forums with this 4xe.
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Sorry to hear. (really sorry since I have one on order)

not recommending, but you do have leverage to be made whole through the New York State lemon law if it is gone for 30 or more days.
  • The car is out of service by reason of repair of one or more problems for a cumulative total of 30 days or more.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Man that’s rough. Luckily I haven’t had any issues with my 4xe over the past 400 miles, fingers crossed I got lucky. Hope your issue gets resolved quickly and I hope FCA does something to make up for this major problem

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I'm happy I haven't had any issues with mine either but man, that would tempt me to the 392 side. Sorry to hear.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
After 3 weeks of my dealership trying to get the battery replaced, and Jeep corporate insisting that they change cheaper modules, they have finally escalated my case to get the full EV battery replaced. I drove the car for 24 hours before the light came on, barely put 40 miles on the clock. It's been at the dealer now for 30 days and Stellantis is trying to decide what to do if I keep the vehicle. They said I could get a full repurchase, but I would lose the NY state tax and have to wait another 30 days. They also said I could replace the vehicle, but that would also take 30 days and the lost 2 months of my lease would not be compensated. So waiting for a fix, and hoping FCA or Stellantis do the right thing for my lost expense of 2 months of the lease, is the best I can hope for. I truly hope that more publicity goes into this poorly release electric vehicle. I'm seeing a lot of check engine issues on the forums with this 4xe.
That sucks. I'm not sure I would trust a car that is off to such a bad start. For me personally I'd want a replacement. Would jeep or the dealer be able to supply a loaner for you while they're making you a replacement? Because while it might not be a wrangler, it would at least be a vehicle to drive.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xE
900 miles on mine so far w no problems but I use to be a service advisor at a jeep dealer. If you complain to fca customer care they will make your payments for you.
I have 975 on mine with no issues so far.
I love your Jeep!
Do you have photos of your window tint?
I am trying to decide on just tinting the side windows or going dark all the way around.

ACGC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUL 4xe
I have 975 on mine with no issues so far.
I love your Jeep!
Do you have photos of your window tint?
I am trying to decide on just tinting the side windows or going dark all the way around.
Thanks. Front windows are 15% ceramic tint. Rears are factory. It’s a little light w the roof open. I’m planning on tinting the windshield lightly to block some glare.

FB85B186-21C9-406C-961E-8323B27D7CDC.jpeg

ACGC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUL 4xe
Thanks. Front windows are 15% ceramic tint. Rears are factory. It’s a little light w the roof open. I’m planning on tinting the windshield lightly to block some glare.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Check Engine Light Led to Full EV Battery Replacement FB85B186-21C9-406C-961E-8323B27D7CDC
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Check Engine Light Led to Full EV Battery Replacement EC78AD58-22E0-42A9-8A38-88A1ED2253C7

pic before the wheels

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Sorry to hear about the battery issue.

The size of those wheels and tires look great. Assuming stock height? Looks great the way it sits. What are the specs on the wheels and tires?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xE

FB85B186-21C9-406C-961E-8323B27D7CDC.jpeg
So 15% on the front was a good match for what comes from the factory?

ACGC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUL 4xe
Sorry to hear about the battery issue.

The size of those wheels and tires look great. Assuming stock height? Looks great the way it sits. What are the specs on the wheels and tires?
My battery is good. The op had an issue. But the wheels are 18x9 w -18 offset. 325/65 which is basically same as a 35x12.5. And yes stock suspension

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Very disappointing - sorry to hear it. I can definitely empathize. No fun at all.

Bobbys

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Unrelated but wanted to share my sympathy
I am about to start a buy back process in my 2021 diesel with 2000 miles on

It’s been a nightmare and the dealership has put more miles on it trying to diagnose it then I have enjoying it

Jeep has major quality control issues
I wouldn’t recommend this brand to anyone
The new bronco release is going to destroy jeep

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Unrelated but wanted to share my sympathy
I am about to start a buy back process in my 2021 diesel with 2000 miles on

It’s been a nightmare and the dealership has put more miles on it trying to diagnose it then I have enjoying it

Jeep has major quality control issues
I wouldn’t recommend this brand to anyone
The new bronco release is going to destroy jeep
Well, Ford has it's own quality issues....I just sold my piece of crap raptor. leaking transfer case at 4k miles, front diff 18k miles, and transmission went slipping and banging at 20k miles.....went to two dealer 3 separate times and all just told me it's normal. To be honest, both brand sucks...
Sponsored