OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
We havent even got into the amount of fuel pressure u need to run on a DI engine yet which can be problematic in and of itself...
Who gives a shit. It runs good.

parris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
They lowered the price of the 2.0L so perhaps it was cost savings to allow that as the e-torque parts can't be cheap - particularly the battery setup.
I don't think the cost saving is the reason. That would make sense, if they had banned it also from the Sahara. However, only Sports and Rubicos come now without the e-torque, while the Sahara keeps it.

I think more about technical reasons (maybe because saharas and rubicons are usually more used for off-roading?). The same (unknown) reason behind offering only the all-time 4x4 in the Sahara and not been available in the other trims... :idea:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I don't think the cost saving is the reason. That would make sense, if they had banned it also from the Sahara. However, only Sports and Rubicos come now without the e-torque, while the Sahara keeps it.

I think more about technical reasons (maybe because saharas and rubicons are usually more used for off-roading?). The same (unknown) reason behind offering only the all-time 4x4 in the Sahara and not been available in the other trims... :idea:
You can get a Rubicon with the 2.0T eTorque again. The 2.0T with eTorque is back for the new "top of the line" Rubicon based Recon Edition. The 2.0T eTorque is the only engine available with the Recon.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...20-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-recon-edition.44247/

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

The Sahara is sort of the "high tech" Jeep. The only one with Select-Trac, CV front axle, etc, etc. Perhaps they thought having the e-torque on that model would help draw those buyers who wanted more technology.

Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Maybe they did it do Rubicon owners could use the diesel fuel tank as a second tank and double their range.

lol - I love internet speculating!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Maybe they did it do Rubicon owners could use the diesel fuel tank as a second tank and double their range.

lol - I love internet speculating!
As usual, the 2-door gets left out again...

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
As usual, the 2-door gets left out again...
I suspect there's space issues getting all the diesel garbage to fit in the SWB. 2 door already has a small fuel tank, for example.

parris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Wrangler Unlimited Willys

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I know, but that is only for that version. All the regular Rubicons come now without e-torque... Im just curious to know what is the reason behind that change.
I think it's a balance between CAFE fines, cost of equipment, expected sales, and selling price.

It probably has noting to do with reliability, or what would make the 'ultimate' Jeep.

CoolToys

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltoys.tv
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 2018 Jaguar F-pace, 2002 Mercedes SLK,
Occupation
CoolToys® TV Host
Vehicle Showcase