Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Aev 2.5”

072EC7CE-2A0E-4C02-A5B5-E5F54062FF56.jpeg

A562F0DB-3A31-455E-8B62-888AB5987C49.jpeg
Oh Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! How does the rear tire sit in regard to being centered in the wheel well? Looks great there. are those 35's?

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Oh Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! How does the rear tire sit in regard to being centered in the wheel well? Looks great there. are those 35's?
Rear is fine, only about 3/8” off. Hardly noticeable. The front is the issue, i got about 3” of lift so the front is off 7/8” . Still drives amazing despite this but I ordered a RC front track bar to correct this and it should improve handling/steering slightly aswell as the stock components are lack luster.

Still need to do tie rod and drag link but those can wait a bit

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Those sway bar disconnects aren't AEV ;)
AEV and disconnects? Those two words don’t go together!

Im still having slight buyers remorse over rock krawler stuff. Aev is great, but maybe just not great for me, i like to wheel as hard of trails as i can and camp. AEV is more camping styled and the lift is much more than 2.5

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
AEV and disconnects? Those two words don’t go together!

Im still having slight buyers remorse over rock krawler stuff. Aev is great, but maybe just not great for me, i like to wheel as hard of trails as i can and camp. AEV is more camping styled and the lift is much more than 2.5
When I first read that, I was like, wait, what don't you like about our stuff, then I caught on. LOL!

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
When I first read that, I was like, wait, what don't you like about our stuff, then I caught on. LOL!
Ya didnt word that perfectly.
Aev kit is great and drives amazing. Maybe just not for me thats all, its still early. Im hoping is settles and gets a little softer

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Ya didnt word that perfectly.
Aev kit is great and drives amazing. Maybe just not for me thats all, its still early. Im hoping is settles and gets a little softer
Oh, for sure, AEV makes a great product. Have you tried working with their customer support for ride quality? perhaps you have a tire load range that is heavier than what they planned for in shock tuning.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, for sure, AEV makes a great product. Have you tried working with their customer support for ride quality? perhaps you have a tire load range that is heavier than what they planned for in shock tuning.
I didn’t even know that was a thing, makes sense though.

But im a firm believer in keeping everything lightweight. Weight is a killer on an offroad rig(9/10times) but i have 315/70 duratracs, one of the lightest “35s” you can buy in a D load

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
RK says 1.5"-1.75" lift on JL 2dr. Rubicon

Alanscott1 says the RK lift is 2.5" rear, 2.75" front on his 2 dr. Rubicon?
What am I missing here? 1"-1.75" sounded good to me but not 2.5 or more. Is this difference because there is two RK 2.5 lift kits?
Yeah I was a bit disappointed by the misleading information I was given. I’ve since taken that lift off and gone back to stock suspension with 1” spacers up front and .5” in the back. Really wanted to like the RK kit but the Jeep looked like a roller skate.
Sponsored