Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If that a 2” lift based off a stock rubicon height?
Yes it is. There's a lot of information about this system on that product page, but if there's anything it doesn't answer, let me know.

Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
@Rock Krawler Suspension ordered the 2.5”
Stock mod lift today. For those curious once installed I’ll post the differences in lift height between the 2.5” RockKrawler and the 1.5” Teraflex spacer lift. Rock Krawler states the 2.5” Lift height is based on a jl sport, so theoretically this and the 1.5” Teraflex lift should be within .5” of each other on a 2dr Rubicon.

Last edited:

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL 2.0 Rubicon : '20 JT 3.6 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Right there with you Alan, caught the sale myself.. looking forward to the current stance being similar but the flexing will be vastly improved

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
@Rock Krawler Suspension ordered the 2.5”
Stock mod lift today. For those curious once installed I’ll post the differences in lift height between the 2.5” RockKrawler and the 1.5” Teraflex spacer lift. Rock Krawler states the 2.5” Lift height is based on a jl sport, so theoretically this and the 1.5” Teraflex lift should be within .5” of each other on a 2dr Rubicon.
Very interested to see results, i feel like the 2dr JL has been forgotten about. Deciding between AEV and rock krawler. Still a few months out but there’s not many photos etc of the 2dr lifted yet and as stated. I don’t want my sport going up 3-4”. I have rubi springs that were 1.75”. Id like to go to 2.5” or a little more and a longer/stiffer spring for weight carrying

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Very interested to see results, i feel like the 2dr JL has been forgotten about. Deciding between AEV and rock krawler. Still a few months out but there’s not many photos etc of the 2dr lifted yet and as stated. I don’t want my sport going up 3-4”. I have rubi springs that were 1.75”. Id like to go to 2.5” or a little more and a longer/stiffer spring for weight carrying
I can't seem to drum up pictures of a 2 door 2.5, here is a 2 door 3.5 on 37's that is very light, aluminum bumpers, no spare, aluminum fenders, soft top, etc so it sits a bit higher than what you'd normally see out of a 3.5" kit. Id agree with you that 2 doors seem to be left behind, and I believe that's largely based on buyers. The numbers we've seen puts 2 doors at about 7-10% of wrangler sales, as a 2 door guy, that saddens me. I also wont be surprised if/when Jeep announces ending production of 2 doors.

IMG_2242.jpg

Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I’m not convinced a Rubicon 2dr. needs a lift with 35’s. If/when I go to 35’s, I’ll pull the plastic fender liners , add greater clearanced aluminum inner liners. Install a Artec high clearance aluminum belly pan(gaining 3/4”), alu. boat side sliders and a few suspension armor piece’s and call it. It will be light and agle with excellent performance and easy to get in and out of on a DD. I’ve been wheeling my JLR with a few lifted JLR’s, JLUR’s. Unless they have 37” tires and 3” or greater lift, I follow them just fine in my stock JLR. FCA has done a brilliant job engineering the Rubicon’s suspension. With a little 2dr. after market love, the JLR is an amazing speciality vehicle. IMO lifting a 2dr. isn’t the first choice.
I don’t disagree with you, for some use cases a lift wouldn’t be the first priority. I had 315/70/17 KO2s with no lift for a while and for me it did rub in the rear. Yes I could have added some more bumpstop but, I’m not a fan of limiting up-travel on stock suspension. I guess it really depends on what you’re doing with the Jeep. I’m kind of a suspension geek and a fan of increased wheel travel as I err more on the go-fast side of off-roading. So for me a lift is beneficial. Plus, inevitably I’ll end up with 37’s when my current 35’s need to be replaced.

Reactions: aai

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

aai

First Name
aai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not convinced a Rubicon 2dr. needs a lift with 35’s. If/when I go to 35’s, I’ll pull the plastic fender liners , add greater clearanced aluminum inner liners. Install a Artec high clearance aluminum belly pan(gaining 3/4”), alu. boat side sliders and a few suspension armor piece’s and call it. It will be light and agle with excellent performance and easy to get in and out of on a DD. I’ve been wheeling my JLR with a few lifted JLR’s, JLUR’s. Unless they have 37” tires and 3” or greater lift, I follow them just fine in my stock JLR. FCA has done a brilliant job engineering the Rubicon’s suspension. With a little 2dr. after market love, the JLR is an amazing speciality vehicle. IMO lifting a 2dr. isn’t the first choice.
the first 2 pictures is the stock suspension on a rubicon disconnected with 315s..lifting it high enough to where I was comfortable with it where the left tire isn't lifting off the ground and I still had 1" of room on the front right fender. Approx 21" underneath the tire. IMO removing the inner liners wouldn't of helped much because you will run out of shock travel, droop to use that extra 3" room regardless. To me at that height you're only tapping into what a solid axle is capable of. People are flexing/articulating double that. Absolutely nothing wrong with your explanation, as all of us have considered the same. Till we go out wheeling, and see the limitations etc. Third picture is an RK kit with a 2.5 and 37s as an eg. Again nothing wrong with your explanation, Ive wheeled with Toyotas and gotten used to the alligator arms of always having a 4th wheel up in the air up almost all the time and comfortable with it. But having a Rubicon now Im striving more to get best use of the solid axle setup. Doing it in increments etc and learning from it at the same time.

fullsizeoutput_4cf.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpg

20181016_125502-1.jpg

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I can't seem to drum up pictures of a 2 door 2.5, here is a 2 door 3.5 on 37's that is very light, aluminum bumpers, no spare, aluminum fenders, soft top, etc so it sits a bit higher than what you'd normally see out of a 3.5" kit. Id agree with you that 2 doors seem to be left behind, and I believe that's largely based on buyers. The numbers we've seen puts 2 doors at about 7-10% of wrangler sales, as a 2 door guy, that saddens me. I also wont be surprised if/when Jeep announces ending production of 2 doors.

IMG_2242.jpg
I just watched your YouTube video on this jeep! Very nice build, id like to do the front axle in a few years and go to 37-38 tire when its paid off.

Right now im looking at the adventure series 2.5 series 1. Should work for me as i have front discos already, pair it with 2-3” fox shocks.

Thats sad to say, it would be crazy for them to get rid of the OG 2dr but yeah, once it doesn’t make them enough money they won’t care and itll get chopped sadly

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Thats sad to say, it would be crazy for them to get rid of the OG 2dr but yeah, once it doesn’t make them enough money they won’t care and itll get chopped sadly
2dr JLs may become the new LJs of this generation. Hopefully bodes well for resale value.
Sponsored