JLUColorado

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU , 2017 GC Limited
I would suggest starting your research with these threads. Obviously not everything will apply the JL, but it gives you some useful information.

(this is my way of saying: beats me.)
Hey - appreciate the sources! Cheers!
Sponsored

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Most of the larger suspension companies offer an additional warranty coverage that will cover you if a dealer declines warranty work that is directly caused by the suspension. Ours is called Warranty Guard but we are not the only ones that offer it. I’m not just trying to get you to buy RC just making sure I share the off road industry has your back!

Here is a link to ours
http://www.roughcountry.com/warranty-guard/

OP
OP
JLUColorado

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU , 2017 GC Limited
Thanks for the heads up RC - that’s not unlike how DINAN stands by its modifications on BMWs. I was looking to ask that question at some point! Is that offered in all boosts lifts made by Rough Country? Thanks for speaking up!

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Thanks for the heads up RC - that’s not unlike how DINAN stands by its modifications on BMWs. I was looking to ask that question at some point! Is that offered in all boosts lifts made by Rough Country? Thanks for speaking up!
All our kits made for the JL will be covered by the warranty guard. Glad I could help!

Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
This was on my mind when considering lift and tires for my JLU Sahara.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Most dealers that I know of will cover repairs under the factory warranty. BUT they may not warranty anything that the lift may affect(steering linkages, suspension components, or any driveline parts of the drive angles are out of spec). If you through on some larger tires and don't have the PCM calibrated a dealer may not warranty an engine/trans/axle failure.

A mopar lift would be covered under the Jeeps normal warranty and would not void any warranty as long as its installed correctly.

Another thing to watch for is if you do get an extended warranty, some warranty companies wont cover anything if the vehicle has been modified.

The best advice is to ask your local dealer that will be servicing your Jeep and see what their warranty coverages are on lifts.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
All our kits made for the JL will be covered by the warranty guard. Glad I could help!
Does this include the $179.95 2.5" spacer lift?

How does a guy go about registering for this coverage? Do we have to fill out a form and send it to you or what?

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Does this include the $179.95 2.5" spacer lift?

How does a guy go about registering for this coverage? Do we have to fill out a form and send it to you or what?
Yes that one is covered also. You do not have to register just keep your proof of purchase from where you bought the kit. You are covered regardless the RC dealer you buy from.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Thanks. I bought my kit directly from you guys, via your eBay store. I have my order screen and PayPal transaction printed out and will keep that in my glove box. Hopefully the JLU will be a solid rig and I'll never need any warranty work. I would prefer to never have to go to the dealership!

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Magnuson-moss Warranty Act - unless the failure is a direct result of the aftermarket part they can’t deny warranty coverage. Lots of lift friendly dealerships.
take that with a grain of salt. i had warranty coverage denied and even though i referred to that Act they still said no. (Ford). i tried escalating it and still go no where. sure i could have sued and probably/possibly prevailed but it would not have been worth the cost and effort.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
take that with a grain of salt. i had warranty coverage denied and even though i referred to that Act they still said no. (Ford). i tried escalating it and still go no where. sure i could have sued and probably/possibly prevailed but it would not have been worth the cost and effort.
I've had Ford deny warranty coverage on pitted finish on aluminum wheels at 15k miles, no mods. (2015 Transit). They claimed I didn't clean them. (I guess cleaning them once a week isn't cleaning them?!?) I've never had Jeep deny warranty, even with a 2" lift and 33's on my JK. Heck, I've several times had GM cover things out to 15k beyond warranty.

I'm not impressed with Ford.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
I've had Ford deny warranty coverage on pitted finish on aluminum wheels at 15k miles, no mods. (2015 Transit). They claimed I didn't clean them. (I guess cleaning them once a week isn't cleaning them?!?) I've never had Jeep deny warranty, even with a 2" lift and 33's on my JK. Heck, I've several times had GM cover things out to 15k beyond warranty.

I'm not impressed with Ford.
I've had Jeep deny coverage. I had a faulty driveshaft (those Rzeppa joints suck) on my 2011 JKU with around 10,000 miles on the odometer. The first dealership (where I bought the Jeep) saw "scrapes on the skid plates indicating that you've been offroad" and denied repair. I then went to a second dealership and they also balked and after a full week of telephone calls between myself, the dealership, and Chrysler and several heated arguments, they finally agreed to replace the driveshaft.

Keep in mind that at the time I had a 0.75" leveling kit and 33" tires on the Jeep.

I'm more shocked when guys say their dealers DO cover items under warranty than when they don't. Chrysler has always been notoriously difficult to work with on warranty claims.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I've had Jeep deny coverage. I had a faulty driveshaft (those Rzeppa joints suck) on my 2011 JKU with around 10,000 miles on the odometer. The first dealership (where I bought the Jeep) saw "scrapes on the skid plates indicating that you've been offroad" and denied repair. I then went to a second dealership and they also balked and after a full week of telephone calls between myself, the dealership, and Chrysler and several heated arguments, they finally agreed to replace the driveshaft.

Keep in mind that at the time I had a 0.75" leveling kit and 33" tires on the Jeep.

I'm more shocked when guys say their dealers DO cover items under warranty than when they don't. Chrysler has always been notoriously difficult to work with on warranty claims.
Lift friendly dealers are out there, if you find a dealer that installs OEM and aftermarket lifts you will have better luck.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
That has always been the Achilles Heel of the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Unless it is a corporate wide policy to abuse it, the Federal Trade Commission does not act for those at the individual level. You have to sue on your own dime to enforce it.
Sponsored