2dr lifts

jeepdogjl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I had to put a cheap spacer lift on my JL. I'm having trouble finding a good lift because it's a 2dr. Why does a 2dr need a different lift than a 4dr the only difference I could think of is maybe the springs because a 4dr is heavier. I'm waiting for JKS, Terraflex, or BDS to make a good 3.5 inch spring lift for a 2dr JL.
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
You have, and man I love your products, have used them for years on JK’s. But you (and to be fair, everyone else) don’t have a lift for the 2 door Rubicon owners that want to run 35’s without it looking like a roller skate. I believe a big opportunity is being missed. 1.5” spring lift would be nice for us.

Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
You have, and man I love your products, have used them for years on JK’s. But you (and to be fair, everyone else) don’t have a lift for the 2 door Rubicon owners that want to run 35’s without it looking like a roller skate. I believe a big opportunity is being missed. 1.5” spring lift would be nice for us.
I second this. Been asking manufacturers for months if this is something they would entertain.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Our 2 door lifts are based on sport suspension, on a Rubi 2 door, you'd only gain 1.5-1.75" of lift. That's almost exactly what you're looking for. On a rubi, with 35's, especially Nitto's new 11.5" wide 35's, you can get away with about 5" BS maybe even a little bit more to suck those tires in and get away from that look. Give us a call, we have ways to do what you want to do.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Our 2 door lifts are based on sport suspension, on a Rubi 2 door, you'd only gain 1.5-1.75" of lift. That's almost exactly what you're looking for. On a rubi, with 35's, especially Nitto's new 11.5" wide 35's, you can get away with about 5" BS maybe even a little bit more to suck those tires in and get away from that look. Give us a call, we have ways to do what you want to do.
Will do. I’m about to replace your 2.5” lift with your 3.5” lift on the wife’s JKUR. She’s wanting 37’s again.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Rock Krawler

Do you have any pics of your lift on a 2 door Rubicon with 35’s?

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
That does sound like what I’m looking for. Do your spring rates play well with the Falcon shocks?

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
That does sound like what I’m looking for. Do your spring rates play well with the Falcon shocks?
They're reported as rather rough when paired together. I haven't personally driven a jeep with our springs and Falcon shocks, but many reports have said 2.1's don't match well at all, 3.1's are ok-ish, and 3.3's are pretty alright... Again, no personal experience.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Will do. I’m about to replace your 2.5” lift with your 3.5” lift on the wife’s JKUR. She’s wanting 37’s again.
You could just replace springs, the remaining components just need an adjustment, no reason to change the whole lift.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You could just replace springs, the remaining components just need an adjustment, no reason to change the whole lift.
I would have to add some things. Only running front lower arms.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
They're reported as rather rough when paired together. I haven't personally driven a jeep with our springs and Falcon shocks, but many reports have said 2.1's don't match well at all, 3.1's are ok-ish, and 3.3's are pretty alright... Again, no personal experience.
I currently have a set of the 3.3s, guess if I do go down this route I'll try them out. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't find the Falcons to be a great match for the stock springs either. Not a fan of digressive valving in off-road vehicles, I guess.
Sponsored