JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU , 2017 GC Limited
Hey guys,

I recently acquired my first Jeep! JLU Sport S. Coming from the Toyota world. I am used to owning cars outside of warranty and I am excited to be back under it.

The voice of wheeling calls to me and I am in the market for a lift. I am happy to go budget boost for now until at which point I can come out of pocket for something proper this summer and hit the trails.

Is there a boost/lift, that won’t void factory warranty on my new ride? I am under the assumption the MOPAR/FOX lift will not.

Please forgive any errors/misunderstanding on my part - I have not owned an SUV or posted in a forum for some time.
Sponsored

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My dealer told me they woukd not question anyhing for warranty work as long as it was (1.) 4" lift or under (2.) Installed a reputable shop (3.) 35" tires or under. Now I have read about FCA warantee auditors denying but that's out of the dealers control.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer told me they woukd not question anyhing for warranty work as long as it was (1.) 4" lift or under (2.) Installed a reputable shop (3.) 35" tires or under. Now I have read about FCA warantee auditors denying but that's out of the dealers control.
My dealer told me not to worry about it, since it is a Mopar lift, they installed it, and Jeep reps were going around everywhere telling everyone the Rubi can run 35's. They've covered warranty issues on my JK, which has 33's and a 2" lift, so I'm not at all worried.

Cledus601

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My dealer told me not to worry about it, since it is a Mopar lift, they installed it, and Jeep reps were going around everywhere telling everyone the Rubi can run 35's. They've covered warranty issues on my JK, which has 33's and a 2" lift, so I'm not at all worried.
I agree. My dealer mentioned though that manufacturer didnt matter only under 4".

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
The Mopar lift will be covered under warranty. I would not feel comfortable blindly assuming any random dealership will feel the same way about a budget lift, even if they say so today. 2 years from now...

OP
OP
JLUColorado

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Mopar lift will be covered under warranty. I would not feel comfortable blindly assuming any random dealership will feel the same way about a budget lift, even if they say so today. 2 years from now...
I think this is the right way to assume coverage. I am in the auto industry and have seen this repeatedly with Tundras, Tacoma’s & FJs. What’s true today somewhere is false tomorrow elsewhere. Most service/parts answers are shot from the hip. I just wasn’t sure if the JEEP centers were different with how much much goes into customizing Wranglers.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I am going to go with this belief ultimately, I am in the auto industry and have seen this repeatedly with Tundras, Tacoma’s & FJs. What’s true today somewhere is false tomorrow elsewhere. Most service/parts answers are shot from the hip. I just wasn’t sure if the JEEP centers were different with how much much goes into customizing Wranglers.
There are definitely good dealers who, if you use them regularly, I think you’ll be reasonably safe with. Based on how rapidly everything seemed to fall apart on my LJ, though, I’m inclined to think the small lift and larger tires a previous owner put on helped wear things out faster, and I wouldn’t blame a dealer for coming to that conclusion.

OP
OP
JLUColorado

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are definitely good dealers who, if you use them regularly, I think you’ll be reasonably safe with. Based on how rapidly everything seemed to fall apart on my LJ, though, I’m inclined to think the small lift and larger tires a previous owner put on helped wear things out faster, and I wouldn’t blame a dealer for coming to that conclusion.
You are right about the dealer coming to a conclusion like that, The fine print on any factory warranty or esc clearly states that modifications are a no-no. To blatantly molest the suspension and expect a full guarantee on the car is strange from my work experience. But I guess that’s what had me field the question! I do appreciate your help!

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I should be clear: I’m a pessimist and I don’t have much experience with dealers, and none with Jeep warranties. I bought mine 9 years used.

So I’d lean more on the optimistic side than I’ve presented. Find a local Jeep club, get their impressions of local dealerships, and go from there. Most of my wear and tear was annoying but affordable; I had problems with both differentials, which was very painful, but I don’t think the lift was to blame for that.

Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Hey guys,

I recently acquired my first Jeep! JLU Sport S. Coming from the Toyota world. I am used to owning cars outside of warranty and I am excited to be back under it.

The voice of wheeling calls to me and I am in the market for a lift. I am happy to go budget boost for now until at which point I can come out of pocket for something proper this summer and hit the trails.

Is there a boost/lift, that won’t void factory warranty on my new ride? I am under the assumption the MOPAR/FOX lift will not.

Please forgive any errors/misunderstanding on my part - I have not owned an SUV or posted in a forum for some time.
Have no modified Jeep warranty experience to share, but ..... shout out to Boulder! Love that area. - Buffs '96.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Magnuson-moss Warranty Act - unless the failure is a direct result of the aftermarket part they can’t deny warranty coverage. Lots of lift friendly dealerships.

OP
OP
JLUColorado

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnuson-moss Warranty Act - unless the failure is a direct result of the aftermarket part they can’t deny warranty coverage. Lots of lift friendly dealerships.
Good - so I was going to quote this in my initial posting, thanks for mentioning it!

I felt it would:

A - make the post longer than it already is.

B - the entire suspension/undercarriage, hell, drivetrain could be categorized as failed as a result of a lift. Depending on who does the diag.

But you are right - the culture the wrangler has created, makes for lift friendly dealers. One would assume anyway.

I think I will stick with the factory upgrades/limits and consult the service advisors in MY area about how “weird” I can get outside of what MOPAR offers.

OP
OP
JLUColorado

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess my follow up question here is, aside from the drastic 1k plus lifts offered (including the MOPAR lift), are there any recommendations for budget friendly options that will allow the JL to perform offroad? I by no means want to give up performance for the sake of appearance, I do enjoy hitting the trails! I just want to see whats out there?

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR