Sponsored

2022 Models - Press Release Dates

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Daniel @ Gupton quoted me 8% below *invoice*. If you get a local dealership to match that, let me know. My Sahara builds out at $53K, Gupton quoted $47K and some change. Totally worth the trip up to Tennessee.
That's awesome. And good to know!
Do you happen to know a rough build time?

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
โ€˜67 CJ5, โ€˜20 JLU
I decided to go ahead and take an offer on my Tesla from one of the internet buying services, so I am ready to order. Just trying to decide whether to wait on โ€˜22. Also partially wondering whether to wait and see what happens with the new legislation on EVs, as I am in for a 4xe. Decisions are hard๐Ÿ˜ฉ

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

That's awesome. And good to know!
Do you happen to know a rough build time?
No, but we didn't get past the "here's what I want, what can you do on costs?" and his quote response. However, based on my research on this forum and others, any dealer who suggests that they can predict the build time is fulling you full of B.S.

I decided to go ahead and take an offer on my Tesla from one of the internet buying services, so I am ready to order. Just trying to decide whether to wait on โ€˜22. Also partially wondering whether to wait and see what happens with the new legislation on EVs, as I am in for a 4xe. Decisions are hard๐Ÿ˜ฉ
If you're wanting to wait for an increased EV legislation, I'd say December is being generous. Obviously I'm no politician, but without getting into a D v R conversation, I just personally don't see that happening this year.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Under your circumstances I probably would wait for 2022. For 2 reasons. The 4xe is a American made, Union produced EV. There might be a $12.5K EV tax incentive Jan, 2022. There might be worth while features, options, colors in 2022. It's a possible win-win to wait.

Used EVs did not increase in price like used ICE cars. I belive I read EVs went up about 4% and some ICE like Rams went up over 40%. I would weigh in the possibility of waiting to sell your Tesla now or later. It depends on what model you own. Model 3s are almost 36 months old. Many are leased. That means there will be the possibility of a lot of extra Model 3 inventory very soon. There is also news that Tesla might keep the off lease cars for RoboTaxis? Something to consider.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-senate-panel-advances-ev-tax-credit-up-12500-2021-05-27/

Last edited:

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Yup thatโ€™s what itโ€™s looking like but since we canโ€™t place orders right now and no 21 order guides are out I have my reservations.
What are the big differences between Uconnect 4 and 5?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Decided to say Fโ€™ it. Both dealerships Iโ€™m working say 22โ€™s wonโ€™t open until September. Ordering an Ecodiesel hydro blue gladiator rubi.

image.jpg
Hell yeah :) enjoy

Sponsored

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Its faster, clearer and doesnt need to be plugged in
I rented a 2021 Pacifica that had Uconnect 5 for 4 days, and let me just say, wireless car play in that thing sucked. Would randomly disconnect me and had to go through the settings to reset it, and GPS would always lag behind where I actually was no matter if I used google maps, apple maps, or waze. Other than that, it was fast and responsive.

I had zero issues with wired carplay on other cars I've used.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to say Fโ€™ it. Both dealerships Iโ€™m working say 22โ€™s wonโ€™t open until September. Ordering an Ecodiesel hydro blue gladiator rubi.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Models - Press Release Dates image
Did you actually get an order in today? Still waiting on my guy to let me know if he can even input it yet.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Did you actually get an order in today? Still waiting on my guy to let me know if he can even input it yet.

Yes, I was able to order however I found something interesting out the first dealer didnโ€™t tell me. Thisโ€™ll be the first vehicle Iโ€™ll ever order and supposedly I need to take delivery of my new vehicle within a month or I lose my tax incentives.

So I think Iโ€™m gonna give up the diesel dream add their is a hydro blue Mojave at another dealership. Find it interesting that most wonโ€™t do friends pricing unless itโ€™s an ordered unit also.
Sponsored