Sponsored

Crappy 5 inch screen gone in all 2022 models?

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
Can you get Nav on the 7 inch screen? When I upgrade on the build tool to the larger screen with Nav, I loose the ability to choose the 3.6 with auto trans. I have to go with the 4 banger to get the 8.4 screen and technology group. Can I now get Nav, 3.6 and auto trans?

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I was looking to order a 2022 Willys Sport and was told they are all coming standard with the 7inch screens now, no more 5 inch...anyone know if this is true? Thanks
You don't have to be told it, it's right in the 2022 Order Guide, latest edition as of today in November edition.

Deleted member 59498

With all the shortages probably just a good idea not to have a third head unit. Or whoever made them stopped making less profitable model.

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
It should carry no price increase as it's very inexpensive to produce them. 7" is one of the smallest screens out there at curent time.
Wrangler is due for interior redesign to keep with times and gain comfort.
The 2021 Sport S 2 door that I just bought is almost 3k more for 2022 but at least it comes standard with the 7" screen 😜

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
I wonder what the hvac panel will look like in the sport with the 7” screen? I want to upgrade my 5”, but don’t need or like the look of a busy panel compared to what is in my sport now.

Deleted member 59498

I wonder what the hvac panel will look like in the sport with the 7” screen? I want to upgrade my 5”, but don’t need or like the look of a busy panel compared to what is in my sport now.
I am sure it will look the same as the current 7inch controls with volume controls.

If you upgrade to 7 from your 5 you will either need to replace the panel or use steering controls for volume etc.

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I really wish they had done this in 2020 as the thing is junk. It can't keep time and then randomly shuts off with a loud pop. As a bonus sometimes the presets are gone when you turn it back on.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
My last vehicle was a Ford Escape with a screen from the 1990's. It displayed the radio station and the current time.

When I was researching Jeeps, if the 5" screen was an option I would have taken it to save a few dollars. Jumping to no screen to a 5" screen is a massive leap!

When you buy a TV it is always the same size or larger than your current. Nobody ever goes back to a smaller one.

I would have been happy with the 5" screen but as I have a 7" screen, the next vehicle will have a screen the same size or larger.

Sponsored

Ketamingo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Accord. 2023 JLUR XR HVY ordered 6/25.
Obviously this is speculation, but it seems like a hint toward an impending model refresh. This would allow the MY'23 to offer a larger screen option to compete with the Bronco.

OP
OP

Bgolden87

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys Unlimited
You don't have to be told it, it's right in the 2022 Order Guide, latest edition as of today in November edition.
I'm not seeing it anywhere in the order guide...

XRecon22

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
The 2 door Willys Sport still comes with the 5 inch display for 2022 models according to jeep.ca

Last edited:

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So will the base Sport have a 7in screen with limited functionality, or will it have CarPlay and Android Auto out of the box?
Basically asking if the Technology Group is included, or still an option that needs to be added.
Sponsored