Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Mmm 2 door 392... I watch this video from time to time and like to dream about this gorgeous masterpiece.

Imagine the spotter’s grief….”Dammit Bob, I said give it a little gas”!

goshann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Hey guys...
Just to provide more info on the debate related to 392 purchasers.

Recently ordered a 392, it is at the Shipping stage so I will have it soon. It is my first Jeep. I currently drive a Range Rover Sport Autobiography. I considered getting another Range Rover, or maybe a Cayenne.

Like the exclusivity of the 392 and the higher price point, but also wanted to go rugged Americana. But would not have bought a Jeep unless the 392 were available. I do think the 392 is bringing new buyers to the Jeep brand....

Anyway, happy to join the club.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
Pretty sure you can spec a new C8 Corvette for $62k!! Thats about what this 392 Jeep should cost!!👍
Is that really a fair comparison? $62K is the base C8 with absolutely no options. The 392 comes standard as an almost maxed out upgrade package. That being said, I think Jeep’s are overpriced at pretty much all trims and I stillLOVE my Jeep.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
Emphasis mine

god, not this again.... jeeps are not overpriced. They are correctly priced for current market conditions.

If there were 150 days or more of wrangler inventory sitting on lots I could entertain that thought.

gosh, do you guys even capitalism?!
When you go to a restaurant and see the lobster on the menu at "market price"… everything we buy is market price! The market for Jeep has always been high, 392 is just more so.

Sponsored

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
Traded an '18 JKUR in on an ordered MSRP 392. Got my Jeep's original sticker price in the trade. Thanks to this strange economy we are in I considered this fair. The 3 dealerships in my area have exactly "0" new Wranglers on the lot. All used. Every Wrangler coming in is a sold order. FCA has no incentives on the 392. If sales decline they can always provide discounts ala Hellcat HP Dollars etc. There is wiggle room. If you can figure out a way to buy one of these beasts, do it. Absolute friggin' blast every time I drive it. You wont be disappointed.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Traded an '18 JKUR in on an ordered MSRP 392. Got my Jeep's original sticker price in the trade. Thanks to this strange economy we are in I considered this fair. The 3 dealerships in my area have exactly "0" new Wranglers on the lot. All used. Every Wrangler coming in is a sold order. FCA has no incentives on the 392. If sales decline they can always provide discounts ala Hellcat HP Dollars etc. There is wiggle room. If you can figure out a way to buy one of these beasts, do it. Absolute friggin' blast every time I drive it. You wont be disappointed.
I did not need to read this today! My dealer told me I can get employee pricing on this which knocks down the price nicely and like you said, I can trade mine in for what I paid for it. BUT I can't get it in Mojito :(

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Wrap it. Think of it as applying the employee discount 🤔

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
I waited and waited and waited for the 392 to be an engine option, not a package - finally gave up and ordered a loaded 392 last month, looks like I'll pick it up next month.

Features I didn't want - hard top, painted flares, adaptive cruise, possible a couple others. I was hoping we'd also see the next gen uconnect for 2022 as well, but that was seeming less and less likely, plus with all the production delays etc I was afraid a 2022 wouldn't end up in my driveway until June.
I am right there with you! The painted top bothers me so bad, that I ordered a dark color so it doesn’t stand out to me as much, and got the damn power top option since I don’t want to deal with roof panels scratching more easily. And I concur on all the other “frills” options. Wish they would have taken the 392 in the direction of 2 special models at the same price so that they can add more value to two types of Jeep Wrangler customer . One for the full option luxury items and one for the full off road add on goodies (like add a winch, beefier skids, include the actual beadlock kit, etc etc… but just has less bling options… They’d still get their damn “fluff” money both ways, but maybe bring another targeted batch of consumers

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Maybe not in California but where I live people eat breath and die V8s! Trust me. A non loaded 392 Jeep will sell like hot cakes. As said before when the SRT Challenger first came out it was fully loaded to the max and sold for a high premium and was the top dog. Eventually Dodge came out with the Scat Pack and they flew off the shelves. Even I bought 2 over the years. Then the Hellcats came out as well and the rest is history.

Trust me when I say this the Market is massive for a non loaded 392 Jeep like the Scat Pack Challenger. Literally all they have to do is offer it in a lower trim package at a much cheaper price and sales will skyrocket.
What are those folks buying instead though?

My guess is Jeep is assuming that’s actually a negative, not a positive.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

You are probably correct, having 392 sales skyrocket would be a negative because it would have a negative impact on their EPA mileage average.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

Also: It’s mighty coincidental that the hybrid has the exact torque as the 392 and would increase the Mpg average. They would rather have you buy it and they aren’t cheap either.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Also: It’s mighty coincidental that the hybrid has the exact torque as the 392 and would increase the Mpg average. They would rather have you buy it and they aren’t cheap either.
Yeah good point. The 4xe has a lot of positive reviews as far as performance on the street. I haven’t driven one yet though.

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Maybe not in California but where I live people eat breath and die V8s! Trust me. A non loaded 392 Jeep will sell like hot cakes. As said before when the SRT Challenger first came out it was fully loaded to the max and sold for a high premium and was the top dog. Eventually Dodge came out with the Scat Pack and they flew off the shelves. Even I bought 2 over the years. Then the Hellcats came out as well and the rest is history.

Trust me when I say this the Market is massive for a non loaded 392 Jeep like the Scat Pack Challenger. Literally all they have to do is offer it in a lower trim package at a much cheaper price and sales will skyrocket.
Well, not going to happen!!!!!:LOL:
Sponsored