JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
This thread did get me thinking. Would be cool if Jeep tweaked the lineup. Made a locking rear dif standard in the willys’ trims and made the 5.7 the standard engine in the rubicon. Doing both would add even more capability to those trims.
I wish! That would be nice! And still offer a less optioned 392 as well. 👍
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
My wife has a manual widebody hellcat and we are trading our 392 Durango ….the actual reason we are getting the jeep 392 is mainly auditory . My wife has an affection for V8 rumble .

I personally like the 4 banger the best .
You're trading the Widebody Hellcat for a 392 Durango? Personally I wouldn't do that being that you guys have the 392 Jeep. I could see if it was out of necessity and you needed 4wd but you have that covered already. I wish I could afford both a Jeep and a Hellcat. That would be my dream scenario.

The 2.0T 4 cylinder seems like a great engine with plenty of power and fuel economy. Especially with a tune. If I go with the 2 door Rubicon fpr 2022 that's probably the route I'm going. Perfect for that set up.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Yall asking a lot from jeep... they cant even figure out how to avoid clashing colors on the dash and exterior.... this whole tread is just funny. I love my 392. Worth every penny. Always disliked the leather seats, this is my first jeep with ughhh painted fenders (getting them wrapped), and i love the skytouch. But my babees for the road.
I named her...
HER HIGHNESS
So yeah...this 392 owner is exactly how yall described.... paid cash. But dont be rude. Im not a snob. I just like what I like. And hell yeah Id love a JL392.... 2 door and a bit more basic.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yall asking a lot from jeep... they cant even figure out how to avoid clashing colors on the dash and exterior.... this whole tread is just funny. I love my 392. Worth every penny. Always disliked the leather seats, this is my first jeep with ughhh painted fenders (getting them wrapped), and i love the skytouch. But my babees for the road.
I named her...
HER HIGHNESS
So yeah...this 392 owner is exactly how yall described.... paid cash. But dont be rude. Im not a snob. I just like what I like. And hell yeah Id love a JL392.... 2 door and a bit more basic.
I don't understand how this is asking alot? I'm basically asking them to do the same thing they do with their Challenger line up. This is all one company Stellantis.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I don't understand how this is asking alot? I'm basically asking them to do the same thing they do with their Challenger line up. This is all one company Stellantis.
If jeep made what everyone jeeps asking for... they would be offering like 20 different models... they already have a long line up. Jeep needs to offer a 2 and 4 door completely a la carte. Build them totally from the base as you like with all options available. Then we jeepers would realllly be in heaven! With the option for no badging!!!!

Sponsored

Jeepfamilia

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
You're trading the Widebody Hellcat for a 392 Durango? Personally I wouldn't do that being that you guys have the 392 Jeep. I could see if it was out of necessity and you needed 4wd but you have that covered already. I wish I could afford both a Jeep and a Hellcat. That would be my dream scenario.

The 2.0T 4 cylinder seems like a great engine with plenty of power and fuel economy. Especially with a tune. If I go with the 2 door Rubicon fpr 2022 that's probably the route I'm going. Perfect for that set up.
No we keep our hellcat abd trading our 392 durango for the 392 jeep

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
If I sold my Rubi for 40, I would have to pony up another 40 for a 392 Rubi. I think instead I would keep my 3.6, and see if I really could bUI a Challenger Scat pk with a Manuel trans for 40! Solve my craving for a hemI and for a stick and get to keep my Jeep! Win win. As for the ops request. I totally agree. I make a pretty decent living but 80K for a Wrangeler. No way. And you do have to be rich or just really bad with your money Lol. ( like me for the past 40 years) Maybe I read to much Dave Ramsey lately. . I would be seriously tempted by a new Wrangler with a 3-4 K V8 option And more basic options.

Last edited:

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I have still yet to see another 392 in SoCal. I saw one in AZ. I do see quite a bit of Rang Rovers, Porsche, Mercedes and Ferrari’s though. At least in Orange County, California there’s not many “rich guys” buying them. I think most people buying a 392 are already passionate about Jeep’s and love a naturally aspirated V8.
Poor Mans G63 AMG...*Disclaimer: this is meant to be sarcastic*

Last edited:

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you my friend. Options are great but as we know it’s profits first. Just like Apple, Nike and Coke. This will never change.

Unfortunately I don’t see it happening. Stallantis already dismantled the SRT team. The 392 will not be around long as they are pushing for electric and fuel efficient hybrids across the boards.
I believe I saw an article about it but recall them saying they are repurposing some of them to be used for this next generation of EV/Hybrids.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I named her...
HER HIGHNESS
Mmm 2 door 392... I watch this video from time to time and like to dream about this gorgeous masterpiece.

Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Poor Mans G63 AMG

lol. gotta disagree with you on that one - that’s complete nonsense. Yeah, everyone buying a 392 actually wanted a G63, but couldn’t afford it. 🙄

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Poor Mans G63 AMG
Haha I love that title! I’m not for massive decals with names, but this would awesome across the windshield. I wish I could fit this one my plate somehow. P4MNG63? I love my peasant’s edition G63 :)

I really hope the entire Jeep lineup gets more engine choices than electric/hybrid going forward but it doesn’t make sense to me. Hoping I’m wrong. Would be awesome to see a twin turbo I6, especially on a tow door.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Mmm 2 door 392... I watch this video from time to time and like to dream about this gorgeous masterpiece.

I cant watch it. For i will need to own it. Immediately. I must deny myself....i must...i must.... oh hell.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Poor Mans G63 AMG
Omg thanks for the laugh. Just mosey on back to your Star magazine dude.... and i can afford it, as can some of my fellow jeepers. Jeepers are jeepers. No G mb is gonna lure us in. To me... g's are just wanna be jeeps. But my daughters friend just got a new G for her 16th... she likes hers.... not a amg tho- their hp is wicked i will say. But it's no jeep. Having said my opinion.. i will finish with a well manicured middle finger salute to your ignorant comment... with much love ❤ ofcourse since you prob weren't hugged as a lil tyrant growing up.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I cant watch it. For i will need to own it. Immediately. I must deny myself....i must...i must.... oh hell.
It’s very tempting… But for me I would have to give up something big to pay for the conversion (also not sure I could do that big of a project on my own). Like my airplane and I’m not willing to do that for a vehicle. I would happily trade my two door for a 392 if they offered a more stripped down option and say I only have to come off an extra $15k (more so if they offered it in 2 door). I just don’t like all the fancy bling. I don’t like the factory leather (done my own), factory Alpine isn’t worth it (my aftermarket setup sounds better and is more discreet) , don’t want the big screen as Apple Car play is good enough. My two door Rubicon is a stripper and modified for my tastes. Base Rubicons I feel are perfectly option... Only wish they made half doors a base option or at least no cost either or.
Sponsored

Last edited: