multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Even if you optioned the RAM TRX and the Jeep similar and they came out to the same price how is a Jeep with a 392 the same price as a full size truck with a freaking Hellcat engine.
Emphasis mine again.

Dude, because it’s selling! Why should Stellantis sell the 392 for less money than they can demand for it? Or are you arguing that the TRX is underpriced?

When market conditions were not as favorable to the seller (Stellantis) people on these forums were getting like 8-9% under invoice- which would indicate perhaps that Wranglers have an inflated MSRP- but that’s not the same thing as being overpriced, per se. Plenty of folks out there were still walking onto dealer lots and paying near sticker (especially in places like NY, FL and CA).

Again, any jeep- 392 or otherwise- isn’t overpriced unless they’re piling up on dealer lots.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I assume because the demand is there for the Jeep. I will say I am shocked how many TRX and Jeep 392's I have seen in and around chicagoland.
That's what I'm saying. There's no other explanation. It's like MOPAR knows how crazy loyal Jeepers are and they'll literally pay anything so they take advantage of them. They know how hungry they where for a V8 Jeep. So they made it and sold it for an insanely expensive premium. It's like ok you guys want it great here it comes get the Lube out. At least we built it for you. Now fight over it. Lol.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I'm saying. There's no other explanation. It's like MOPAR knows how crazy loyal Jeepers are and they'll literally pay anything so they take advantage of them. They know how hungry they where for a V8 Jeep. So they made it and sold it for an insanely expensive premium. It's like ok you guys want it great here it comes get the Lube out. At least we built it for you. Now fight over it. Lol.
Yes that’s exactly what’s happening!!!

Whether that constitutes “taking advantage of” people is a philosophical question... I’d argue that people are free to spend or not spend their money however they see fit. But that’s a different discussion.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Emphasis mine again.

Dude, because it’s selling! Why should Stellantis sell the 392 for less money than they can demand for it? Or are you arguing that the TRX is underpriced?

When market conditions were not as favorable to the seller (Stellantis) people on these forums were getting like 8-9% under invoice- which would indicate perhaps that Wranglers have an inflated MSRP- but that’s not the same thing as being overpriced, per se. Plenty of folks out there were still walking onto dealer lots and paying near sticker (especially in places like NY, FL and CA).

Again, any jeep- 392 or otherwise- isn’t overpriced unless they’re piling up on dealer lots.
Yep. Jeepers love paying a premium. They always have. I'm not arguing it won't sell. I never have. All I'm saying is for what it is it cost more then it really should especially when you compare it to other vehicles. They can at least offer it in lower trims so some people without deep pockets can get into it. And I'm thinking they will.

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
... They can at least offer it in lower trims so some people without deep pockets can get into it. And I'm thinking they will.
Not until the chip shortage is resolved and they need to move more vehicles. As long as the ability to produce vehicles is limited, they will focus on producing those that make the most profit. Right now its really an issue of supply and demand. As stated already, we currently have a supply shortage of Jeeps on the market and demand has never been higher. Thus, we have inflation of prices.

If you think the price of a new 392 is ridiculous, you should look at what Jeeps on the used market are selling for. I've seen 4 year old JKs with 40,000+/- miles on them listed on the market for more than their original MSRP. And they weren't listed very long before they were sold. Its insane.

The market will turn around again in the future and prices will come back down on both new and used vehicles. But right now, people are spending money like their is no tomorrow. For those of us in the market for a new/used vehicle its extremely frustrating. But be patient.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Another way to look at this ...
Think WK2 owners got all fired up because they couldn't get the 392 in a Laredo?
How about the Durango guys unable to get the 392 in a SXT?

It appears as if the Charger/Challenger is the only two models where they offered the high perf engine in a cheaper trim.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Yep. Jeepers love paying a premium. They always have. I'm not arguing it won't sell. I never have. All I'm saying is for what it is it cost more then it really should especially when you compare it to other vehicles. They can at least offer it in lower trims so some people without deep pockets can get into it. And I'm thinking they will.
It isn't just jeepers Friend. You wanna see crazy look at the C8 Corvette market. Look at the Super Duty market. The world has gone mad. :LOL: 😱 ;):CWL:

Sam

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
It isn't just jeepers Friend. You wanna see crazy look at the C8 Corvette market. Look at the Super Duty market. The world has gone mad. :LOL: 😱 ;):CWL:

Sam
Pretty sure you can spec a new C8 Corvette for $62k!! Thats about what this 392 Jeep should cost!!👍

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mopar parts has a crate 392 for 9k so theoretically a base sport with a 392 should come in under 45k if they decided to build it
And yet Jeep somehow figured away to build and sell it from the factory for $75k+ 🤣 Even a fully loaded Rubicon + the 392 engine won't come out to that. Hopefully Jeep come to its senses.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 392 Stripper? chimpanzee-fishing-tatler-23sep16-rex_b

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
They will sell only so many 392s the way they are fully loaded right now.

If they sell the 392 with less expensive options like cloth seats ect... and at a much lower price they will sell 10x the amount.

There's a lot of people who can't afford the current configuration but want one. They are sitting on the sidelines waiting for the opportunity! Hopefully we find out soon for the 2022 orders because I'm one of them!!
The only wrangler that I have seen sit on a lot is the black 392 at a local dealer. It’s been there for probably close to 2 months. MSRP 81K, their price 94K

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The only wrangler that I have seen sit on a lot is the black 392 at a local dealer. It’s been there for probably close to 2 months. MSRP 81K, their price 94K
Yep and dealers like that will burn. Loyal customers see that they are price gouging and don't care about them as a customer. Not a good sales tactic for the future. I will never buy anything from a dealership that price gouges. Ever!! Boycott. I'll stick to the dealership that sell for under invoice.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The people who aren't rich are really stretching their budget. Anyone who has $80k to buy a Jeep like it was nothing has deep pockets. And yes they are definitely hard-core Jeep enthusiasts.

But there should be no reason that Jeep can't offer the 392 Jeep in a lower trim with cloth seats and all the stuff we don't want for $60k or less.

I actually think they will. It would make sense too. They even offer the Hellcat this way!! You can get Hellcat with cloth seats and a manual transmission for less then the red eyes and super stocks. And let's be real the 392 is from the $40k Scat Pack. Why the hell Jeep is charging so much is beyond me. It's not a Hellcat.
Probably because unfortunately they're taking advantage of the hard-core Jeep enthusiasts like they always have with there prices.

In the end it would be nice to see Jeep actually throw Jeep enthusiasts a bone and offer the 392 in a more affordable option package. They can if they want to.
I think Jeep created the 392 for a niche market, and made it really high-end. The V8 is not necessary for a Wrangler, it doesn't really make it any better offroad as the main powertrain offers more than enough torque and power for low speed off-roading. As a light off-road vehicle that's designed to go through rough terrain with ease a V8 really makes no sense at all. No improved towing, or payload, nothing. Just a loud Jeep. It is a piece of jewelry, a show jeep. Jeep did not intend for it to be practical. And I agree with you, I would never buy a 80k car unless I was making 500k a year at least. Or if I was a hardcore jeep hobbyist and really wanted one.

Now what would make sense would be a 60k V8 Jeep (as you said) that had a non-removable top that could carry plenty of gear. A beefier suspension and frame that could tow over 5,000 lbs. A vehicle designed to take into long expeditions. Like the V8 toyota land cruiser F series offered in remote parts of the world.

But yeah. a 60k stripped 392 might sell. Lots of mall crawlers out there who would love one. I still wouldnt buy one. Why would I?
Sponsored