2 Door vs 4 Door

Boatbuilder88

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are empty-nesting. The 2-door with the rear seat pulled out works for us. It has the classic Jeep design, gets better gas mileage (it's lighter than a JLU), and has a phenomenal turning radius.

I also get jealous stares from (some of) my friends with JLUs. :)
Advertisement

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler
JLU is rated to tow up to 3,500 lbs (I believe, someone correct me please if I'm wrong). The JL can only tow 2,000 lbs. While neither is great, if you think a trailer could be in your future the 4 door gives you a few more options.
This, plus tongue weight on the 2 door, as I disappointingly found out, is only 200 pounds. I had planned on using my trailer hitch dirt bike rack with the JL 2 door. But the rack is about 75 ish pounds and the bike is about 220. So I am pulling my bike on a 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer with a few mods.

desync0

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome thanks those pics help a lot! I think they'd sell a ton more if they showed it from that angle lol

I current run just the base soft top so I think this'll be moving to the top of the shopping list lol

Thanks again!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Purchased a 2020 Willy's JL in February.3.6 and six speed. My wife has a 2018 JLU. I enjoy the 2dr much better. Had 4 2drs ranging from CJ2,3s 5s. No kids now so for me 2drs will always be my go to. Look and feel is so different from 4drs. It's a unique ride and feel you'll always appreciate.
This FTW! ^^^

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
My wife and I are empty-nesting. The 2-door with the rear seat pulled out works for us. It has the classic Jeep design, gets better gas mileage (it's lighter than a JLU), and has a phenomenal turning radius.

I also get jealous stares from (some of) my friends with JLUs. :)
It BETTER get better mpg, that wimpy 17 gallon tank is a bummer, but still isn't enough for me to sway towards a 4dr :)

Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement