Sponsored

Sunrider opening - 2 door vs 4 door?

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
I'm getting ready to order a Wrangler. I've owned 3 soft top Wranglers in my life, and sold them and went to power top convertibles because I was tired of finding myself standing outside in a parking lot in 95 degree rain trying to put the top back on. (I live in south florida)

I swung by a dealer and tried out the 4 door soft top in sunrider position and I was impressed. How's the 2 door opening size compare to that? Does it give a reasonable open-air feel for the quick operation vs taking the whole top off?

I guess what I'm asking is - how do you guys like the 2 door sunrider for that "convertible feel?"
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I'm getting ready to order a Wrangler. I've owned 3 soft top Wranglers in my life, and sold them and went to power top convertibles because I was tired of finding myself standing outside in a parking lot in 95 degree rain trying to put the top back on. (I live in south florida)

I swung by a dealer and tried out the 4 door soft top in sunrider position and I was impressed. How's the 2 door opening size compare to that? Does it give a reasonable open-air feel for the quick operation vs taking the whole top off?

I guess what I'm asking is - how do you guys like the 2 door sunrider for that "convertible feel?"
2dr premium soft top owner, here. Absolutely love it. Zero regrets.

Fdcjames

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Here’s a pic with the Sunrider open on my 2 door (ignore the ugly mug). Still gives my kids in the back seat open roof and it’s great on these nice almost winter days in Ohio and top all the way down isn’t an option.

A9C47CA3-AF21-42C7-A37A-471CF7620EB0.jpeg
Sponsored