First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
the 2 door wranglers are here to stay due to the long history of jeeps. i cant think of another auto company that have a long history from the start of a vehicle model like the 2 door wrangler. 1941 started out as a 2 door willys right up to the 2 door jl. also keeping the traditional wrangler design from the start.
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I hope you're all proud, look at what you have done.

FCA how dare you use "inspired by the original" as a sales tactic when clearly your design choices are "inspired by new age soccer moms and money"

I'm very upset at this new generation of wranglers.
I just resent how overly computerized the whole automobile design has become where an ordinary person may succcesfully inflate the tires and maybe some even open the hood and that's it. True off road vehicle shoud be ideally easily fixable by any average mechanic anywhere around the globe.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just resent how overly computerized the whole automobile design has become where an ordinary person may succcesfully inflate the tires and maybe some even open the hood and that's it. True off road vehicle shoud be ideally easily fixable by any average mechanic anywhere around the globe.
It’s still got a motor, I can fix most anything on it.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
maybe some even open the hood and that's it.
I've had a friendly-looking red tea kettle on my dash for a a couple months, so I tried opening the hood last week. I undid the latches on the side, but I couldn't lift it. Any ideas?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
2-door Wrangler's are not going away! There many reasons for this including the allure and history of Jeep dating back to WWII. What red blooded American male growing up has not lusted over the thought of owning a topless Jeep, with either two doors or no doors?
Jeep sells more than enough JL's to make it profitable and the desire and marketing of JL's have helped drive the sale of JLU's.

Ford obviously thought the 2-door was viable or they would not have invested so heavily in producing a 2-door Bronco...

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
2-door Wrangler's are not going away! There many reasons for this including the allure and history of Jeep dating back to WWII. What red blooded American male growing up has not lusted over the thought of owning a topless Jeep, with either two doors or no doors?
Jeep sells more than enough JL's to make it profitable and the desire and marketing of JL's have helped drive the sale of JLU's.

Ford obviously thought the 2-door was viable or they would not have invested so heavily in producing a 2-door Bronco...
Are you sure the future belongs to the "red blooded American male" ?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I was going to comment on this topic but then I realized i already did. 3 years ago.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Are you sure the future belongs to the "red blooded American male" ?

Yes, as long as we stand up for American traditions and values this November...
Let's not forget our American gal's! They are the reason we do a lot of the things we do...

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I live in Southern Arizona and there are tons of 2-door JLs driving around. It feels like a 2:1 ratio.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Well things have changed during the YEARS that have passed since this thread was started. 2 doors are being cancelled in Europe. Some of the most sought after options are not avail in 2 dr. No 4Xe no 392 no XR package. Writing is on the wall.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Well things have changed during the YEARS that have passed since this thread was started. 2 doors are being cancelled in Europe. Some of the most sought after options are not avail in 2 dr. No 4Xe no 392 no XR package. Writing is on the wall.
I got the 4-door because I have too many children and I wanted to tow a teardrop trailer and it will surpass the 2,000 lb limit of the 2-door.
Sponsored