First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2dr
Can you get a 2dr 392?
Can you get a 2dr XR?
Can you get a 2dr 20th Anniversary Rubicon?
Can you get a 2dr with the new vinyl seats/floors?

The writing is on the wall 🤷‍♂️
Thats why I made my own Sahara / Willys / Rubicon / XR with take-offs bought mostly from this site LOL

a.jpg

d.jpg
Sponsored

Fast4by

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2dr
I assume that it's only a subset of the XR goodies, right?
Yes... just the wheels / tires and Spare Tire Carrier / Reinforcement. I already had installed Rubicon springs & shocks with a 2.5 spacer, otherwise I would have grabbed the suspension off one too.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
some things need to be done because it's "the right thing to do" (like keeping the 2 dr Wrangler), not because it's the profitable thing to do..............

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
What will the peasants buy if they get rid of two door Sports with roll up windows, two inch radios and that great "tried and true" manual transmission with all the recalls?

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Something also worth considering, there are more people who truly want a 2 door than those who have them. They went to look at a 2 door, really wanted one, but for practical reasons ended up with a 4 door. So, the 2 door still serves a purpose in drawing people into the dealer.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
What will the peasants buy if they get rid of two door Sports with roll up windows, two inch radios and that great "tried and true" manual transmission with all the recalls?
I suppose it's a shame that not everyone can afford (or maybe they're just living within their means), a $60,000 JLUR ................

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
I suppose it's a shame that not everyone can afford (or maybe they're just living within their means), a $60,000 JLUR ................
I'm amused that there are those that believe many buy a 2-door because they "can't afford" a 4-door, when in reality - at least in my case - I never cared for the looks of the 4-door, and only ever considered the 2-door (to park next to my Porsche) :CWL:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I bought my 2 door Willys because that's what I wanted. I could have bought any Wrangler Jeep was selling at the time. I seriously considered a Raptor, but I already have a perfectly good truck. So I decided to keep it and buy the Jeep I that wanted.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Why was that yellow Rubicon chosen a foreign market RHD market model with low fenders, 32s and a weird bumper?

DeathWobbler

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
As a few others have said, I believe there will always be a 2 door, but I also think we may continue to see fewer trim levels in the future. Maybe even ending up with just a sport and a rubi, and no special editions. ☹

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Something also worth considering, there are more people who truly want a 2 door than those who have them. They went to look at a 2 door, really wanted one, but for practical reasons ended up with a 4 door. So, the 2 door still serves a purpose in drawing people into the dealer.
Couldn't the opposite be just as plausible?

Something also worth considering, there are more people who truly want a 4 door than those who have them. They went to look at a 4 door, really wanted one, but for financial reasons ended up with a 2 door. So, the 4 door still serves a purpose in drawing people into the dealer.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
@Ratbert

Could very well be.

However, I’ve had many conversations with people who will say something like, I really like/wanted the 2 door but…

I find it somewhat amusing that there are those who would equate a 2 door with poverty. It doesn’t bother me one bit.

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
Couldn't the opposite be just as plausible?

Something also worth considering, there are more people who truly want a 4 door than those who have them. They went to look at a 4 door, really wanted one, but for financial reasons ended up with a 2 door. So, the 4 door still serves a purpose in drawing people into the dealer.
"For financial reasons"?? Please... :LOL:
Sponsored