'14 JKU, '18 GC
TFL vid just posted in a new thread said 16%
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
E="word302, post: 31275, member: 11007"]You can’t really gripe about them straying from their roots when your main complaint is no diesel, an option that has never been available.[/QUOTE]
Actually, a diesel option was offered in the 60s, Perkins Diesel in CJ5. Didn't last long as an Option. When they were available, no one wanted them. When they aren't available, "everyone" wants them. Hmmm

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I live in Central New York, and I see a lot of base 2 dr Sports, very popular Summer vehicle. Then lots of 4drs, Sports, for their basic Utility and Winter prowess. Base models work well in Utility Country. Heck, even the "original" Cherokees still work here, and they were discontinued in 2001. So Jeep is alive and well, with boosters in both camps, what other brand is instantly recognized after 76 years , ?

NavyJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS; Bikini; Manual; Soft Top. Let the spending begin.
Everyone should ignore him, he is just a troll. He has the attitude that if you don't buy what I like or make what I like then you clearly don't know how to use a jeep or what a jeep is for. No amount of facts or logic will change the mind of people like that.

eztarget

First Name
Ez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Sahara
I hope you're all proud, look at what you have done.

FCA how dare you use "inspired by the original" as a sales tactic when clearly your design choices are "inspired by new age soccer moms and money"

I'm very upset at this new generation of wranglers.
Well said! I'm glad I bought a 2017 2-door Sahara.

Why not offer the Sahara trim in the 2-door anymore?

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Well said! I'm glad I bought a 2017 2-door Sahara.

Why not offer the Sahara trim in the 2-door anymore?
Because 2-door Saharas are for Mall-Crawlers who never off-road... or maybe that’s just a stereotype. ;)

Amalm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon
I think 2 door jeep owners are just selfish bums that don't want to give people rides.
I will admit this is somewhat true. I went from a minivan to a TJ. It’s so nice never being asked to help move furniture or people.:giggle:

My dream jeep JL would be a 2-door Rubicon diesel with automatic trans. But knowing that’s not on the table I’ll be happy to “settle” for one of the other Powertrain options. And let’s be honest, FCA knocked it out of the park with this new model in so many ways! :rock:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Sounds like Screamer may be back..

Seriously, the whining and complaining that Jeep has not provided every single desired combination of options is getting old.

Get over the manual + diesel fantasy. For that to happen, #1. the gas transmission would have to be overbuilt to handle the torque of both engines, costing a lot more money for a very small segment. OR, #2 they would need two transmissions, costing a lot more money. The economics are not there. Grab your blankie, go suck your thumb and stop your crying.

P.S., if you do not understand the two options, start running and get back on that turnip truck, and do not reply to this!

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Uh, I gotta wash my hair.
I fixed that...most of mine started to go on strike, so I fired all of it. Bada Bing, no more hair washing...

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I fixed that...most of mine started to go on strike, so I fired all of it. Bada Bing, no more hair washing...
So now you just polish.

Sorry, I gotta polish my cranium...
Sponsored