Sponsored

2.0T Only has ONE battery?

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0T Only has ONE battery? Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 5.01.56 PM
Sponsored

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Anybody have this battery in jeep? ODY-94R-850

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
Yep! My wife has one in her 2018 JLUR. At least I think that's what I put in there. I bought it from Batteries Plus.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
All gas JL Jeeps have dual batteries. E torque has a conventional 12V battery and a large 48V battery. Every Jeep with ESS has a 12V battery and a motorcycle battery. The first 2.0 came with e torque it did not have the motorcycle battery it only had the 48V battery and conventional 12V. All the 2.0 people were going crazy making fun of the 3.6 having a cheap stupid motorcycle battery blah blah. Go back and read the threads thereā€™s many of them. The next year the now non e torque 2.0 got the exact same set up as a 3.6 with the dual batteries including the motorcycle battery. Lol.

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I hate the auxiliary battery when mine went bad I could not cut my motor off. I even disconnected the battery cables on the large battery and the motor still kept running. I couldn't believe it and the dealer told me that my auxiliary battery was bad and it kept running which doesn't make sense. We had to replace the auxiliary battery. It finally shut off so I can not leave it running all night and then I took it to the dealer that morning and that was the problem that's why I hate to auxiliary battery. I'm looking at putting an extra big battery on top

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
I hate the artillery battery when mine went bad I could not cut my motor off. I even disconnected the battery cables on the large battery and the motor still kept running. I couldn't believe it and the dealer told me that my auxiliary battery was bad and it kept running which doesn't make sense. We had to replace the auxiliary battery. It finally shut off so I can not leave it running all night and then I took it to the dealer that morning and that was the problem that's why I hate to auxiliary battery. I'm looking at putting an extra big battery on top
250px-I_Battery_2nd_Battalion_11th_Marines.jpg

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This post reminds me, I want to change that system for a Genesis dual battery BEFORE I have trouble. I have had mine for 2 years now, guess it is time to get moving on that.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
And the small battery is the one the fails most often.... and most people don't know even they have it...
I got quoted for that conversion kit and labor was like $1,000 not even counting the two Genesis batteries which is Bobby another $600 I was going to do it but damn that's a lot of money but it's a lot of Labor to put that kid in I heard a lot of cables to hook up it's about a five to six hour job someone told me to take everything out and put all the new stuff in

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
This post reminds me, I want to change that system for a Genesis dual battery BEFORE I have trouble. I have had mine for 2 years now, guess it is time to get moving on that.
Just bypass the aux battery and use it as an emergency backup. It can start your jeep in case the main dies. The genesis system is great, but you are paying a lot of cash. You can spend your money on a strong high quality battery instead.

If you overland, and are driving a lot on your trips between nights, then the genesis system could be valuable. But so can be a Bluetti or Jackery + solar panel and those come with a converter. Or you can just build your own dedicated battery system to run accessories for even less.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jumperless-aux-battery-bypass.95945/

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Gotta wonder who the rocket scientist was that decided we ā€œneededā€ a motorcycle battery in a Jeep. If weā€mustā€ have start/stop (which I have bypassed) why not just use a single Bigger (higher capacity) battery? Nah, thatā€™d be too simple. Much better to wire in a Mickey Mouse second battery and related wiring. Plus, it can be buried so the average owner canā€™t or wonā€™t access it. Make more money for the dealers when it croaksšŸ˜

OP
OP
bigfoot21075

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just bypass the aux battery and use it as an emergency backup. It can start your jeep in case the main dies. The genesis system is great, but you are paying a lot of cash. You can spend your money on a strong high quality battery instead.

If you overland, and are driving a lot on your trips between nights, then the genesis system could be valuable. But so can be a Bluetti or Jackery + solar panel and those come with a converter. Or you can just build your own dedicated battery system to run accessories for even less.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jumperless-aux-battery-bypass.95945/
OH this is GREAT - it will save me a PILE of money - THANKS!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You still have to have more than one battery or you can't just take the cables off the auxiliary battery you've got to reroute everything it's a lot more involved than that I was told

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You still have to have more than one battery or you can't just take the cables off the auxiliary battery you've got to reroute everything it's a lot more involved than that I was told
I run with one battery. Main. My aux is bypassed and sitting there as a backup battery. every other week I measured the health of it and throw it on the noco charger or simply plug it in. the alternator tops it off and I disconnect it again. My main battery has never been doing so well. Both of them actually, my aux holds its charge.

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR, 20JTR
As much as I hate the little aux battery setup at least its easily bypassed unlike etorque and all it's added complexity.
Sponsored