First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Oh man.....I have a 2.0T on order and this isn't confidence inspiring. I'm coming from owning multiple 4runners that are bulletproof. I'll def be shopping around for an extended warranty within the first year. Sounds like it'll be a good investment.
Just so you know, Toyota will grenade themselves too. Its the case of mass production. You cannot expect absolute perfection. I suspect, if this was a major problem, then this forum would have a sticky at the top with thousands of people with the same problem. Since it does not, I look at this as the 1% that will fail.
Sponsored

Tr4ckD4ys

First Name
Tr4ck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
My JLUR 4xe makes that sound during cold starts for a minute or two, then runs smoothly after it reached operating temp. Dealer recognized the issue, but said it was normal. I wouldnā€™t say such an audible knock (itā€™s pretty easy to be heard even within the cabin) is normal - and Iā€™m somewhat certain that sooner or later throughout the lifetime of this engine itā€™s going to grenade. Not confidence inspiring given to his vehicle is less than 2 weeks old with less than 400 miles. They come from the factory like that?? @JeepCares

By the way, Iā€™ve only been running Shell V-Power 93ā€¦

Jeepnā€™

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just so you know, Toyota will grenade themselves too. Its the case of mass production. You cannot expect absolute perfection. I suspect, if this was a major problem, then this forum would have a sticky at the top with thousands of people with the same problem. Since it does not, I look at this as the 1% that will fail.
Yup, my Tacoma left me stranded at under 16k miles due to a failed ignition coil, then due to a failed fuel pump. Im sure some brands tend to have better quality control, but I would buy a car just for that reason. They all have issues

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My JLUR 4xe makes that sound during cold starts for a minute or two, then runs smoothly after it reached operating temp. Dealer recognized the issue, but said it was normal. I wouldnā€™t say such an audible knock (itā€™s pretty easy to be heard even within the cabin) is normal - and Iā€™m somewhat certain that sooner or later throughout the lifetime of this engine itā€™s going to grenade. Not confidence inspiring given to his vehicle is less than 2 weeks old with less than 400 miles. They come from the factory like that?? @JeepCares

By the way, Iā€™ve only been running Shell V-Power 93ā€¦
Thank you for tagging us. If you need support at any upcoming appointments, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

First Name
Kurt Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
We have a 2019 Wrangler JLU with 2.0T and for the past year we have experienced a hard knocking noise from the engine. We have taken the JLU to several dealers, a couple dealers said the noise was normal, other told me there is an issue but they can not pinpoint the problem. They also said there is really nothing they can do unless a check engine light or code comes up. Has anyone else experienced this issue with the 2.0T?

Thank you in advance for your help

We have a 2019 Wrangler JLU with 2.0T and for the past year we have experienced a hard knocking noise from the engine. We have taken the JLU to several dealers, a couple dealers said the noise was normal, other told me there is an issue but they can not pinpoint the problem. They also said there is really nothing they can do unless a check engine light or code comes up. Has anyone else experienced this issue with the 2.0T?

Thank you in advance for your help

I am having the same problem with my 2019 rubicon 2.0.
Sponsored