Sponsored

2.0 Engine Skid Plates

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
Good tips. Finally received mine yesterday. Took 2 1/2 weeks. Got stuck in customs for a while.

Only remotely difficult part of the install was the driver side front bracket. Your tip about bending the arm on the flag nut was key.

Very impressed with the quality. Hard to beat the price.
Does the engine skid fit onto the 2.0 turbo 2door as well as the 4door?
Sponsored

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
I have an Asfir engine and gearbox skid on my 2dr 2.0 T
That is what I thought, and so I ordered one but have not installed it as yet. How difficult did you find the install to be? The dark photograph on the one page diagram they include is not very helpful. Did you find that you could change oil-filter without removing the skid?

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
Can someone tell me where the Front Brackets attach for the Skid?
There is only 1 sheet of an instruction and the crappiest picture I have ever seen.
Their website Sucks!
No PDF's
No Install Instructions
Nothing!

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't installed my ASFIR engine skid yet. The install directions, if you can call them that, say to remove one of the cross members before installation. Is that cross member replaced at some point?
I agree with you.I can not install this I have No idea where the front brackets mount.I can not find a PDF or anything on the installation on their website or Google!

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
There is only 1 sheet of an instruction and the crappiest picture I have ever seen.
Their website Sucks!
No PDF's
No Install Instructions
Nothing!
The passenger side will use the retaining nut over an existing hole by the front engine mount. You can see it from under the Jeep and then the bracket will fit on that, with one of the bolts going up into it (the longer one)

The drivers side uses the captured nut on the piece of metal. The bracket goes right below the drivers side engine mount. There is sort of a slot in the frame rail the bolt goes into and is secured by the captive nut. You will want to bend that metal to fit the frame rail - from the bottom you can visualize how it needs to be bent to get the nut where it needs to be. I suggest getting the bolt into the nut once or twice without the bracket to get your "feel" for where it all needs to be before doing it with the bracket.

The front crossbrace will come off, with one of the cross tubes. See the picture above. That is not reused. The hole that the cross tube was using will be used by the end of the skid plate.

The drivers side bracket is about the toughest part, and it's only tough as you are fiddling to get that captive nut in the right place.

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
Their website Sucks!
No PDF's
No Install Instructions
Nothing!
Very nice product, but I have never seen such a lack of instructions. No videos either.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Very nice product, but I have never seen such a lack of instructions. No videos either.
Are you serious? These are not that tough to install. 8 bolts. 6 are so obvious my 14 year old son did them without help.

The other two the one page diagram clearly shows how it goes together.

If you had challenges with this please return your jeep as you are too stupid to be operating a motor vehicle.

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
Are you serious? These are not that tough to install. 8 bolts. 6 are so obvious my 14 year old son did them without help.

The other two the one page diagram clearly shows how it goes together.

If you had challenges with this please return your jeep as you are too stupid to be operating a motor vehicle.

Sponsored

jlrusoin

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Their website Sucks!
No PDF's
No Install Instructions
Nothing!
Installed mine today. Attached are photos of the the mounts. Hope it helps.
These photos make me see I need to do better washing the underside.

B1782C74-FA2C-4E11-A84E-27B428A5F18A.jpeg

69FF7EF6-888D-4E6B-9962-323C9FD923C8.jpeg

914B634D-5451-4469-9C34-9B7CED3A918F.jpeg

202EDA80-1116-4178-B8CC-0A6F1C40007B.jpeg

52D6FF07-6431-4392-81FF-361CE96DC1EC.jpeg

Instaurare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0 turbo
Not only is your reply rude, but it also displays your ignorance. I have not attempted the install as yet, the product arrived just 2 days ago. But on my copy of the one page diagram, the photo was nearly all blacked out. All I said was that the instructions were lacking. For you to display such anger over an innocent statement on a forum like this, I reckon that your personal life is most likely suffering from the virus, better get tested.

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The passenger side will use the retaining nut over an existing hole by the front engine mount. You can see it from under the Jeep and then the bracket will fit on that, with one of the bolts going up into it (the longer one)

The drivers side uses the captured nut on the piece of metal. The bracket goes right below the drivers side engine mount. There is sort of a slot in the frame rail the bolt goes into and is secured by the captive nut. You will want to bend that metal to fit the frame rail - from the bottom you can visualize how it needs to be bent to get the nut where it needs to be. I suggest getting the bolt into the nut once or twice without the bracket to get your "feel" for where it all needs to be before doing it with the bracket.

The front crossbrace will come off, with one of the cross tubes. See the picture above. That is not reused. The hole that the cross tube was using will be used by the end of the skid plate.

The drivers side bracket is about the toughest part, and it's only tough as you are fiddling to get that captive nut in the right place.
Thank you
On the 2 Bolts that attach the rear skid.
Did you shim under the skid to even it out?Sorry hard to explain I can take a pic tomorrow
Sponsored