Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

The loop delete won't really net you any more power (at least any noticeable gains); the primary function of it is to keep the exhaust from being damaged while offroading, as 2slo mentioned, and to be able to run extended links without interference.

Not to mention getting rid of that factory design that's just.....well.. silly. :LOL:
is this smog legal? in CA?
Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Because "in theory", perfectly equalized exhaust pulses give the best power. In reality, they dont. There are many engines that run oddfire type exhaust pulses with no detriment to power. All flat-4s, V4s, V5s, and many V6s, V8s, and V10s have unequal/oddfire exhaust pulses that totally throw the "equal pipe length" theory right out the window. I am willing to bet that the Magnaflow kit shows absolutely zero changes to the dyno curve.
In the Subaru world, equal length headers are absolutely an upgrade. Something worth like 20whp compared to the stock (for the EJ25) unequal length headers.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
is this smog legal? in CA?
Yes! This part does not modify or remove the factory emissions equipment in any way so it is 50-state legal.

Anyone know if there is a noticeable sound difference with the loop delete?
There is no real noticeable change in sound with an otherwise stock exhaust system.

Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! This part does not modify or remove the factory emissions equipment in any way so it is 50-state legal.

There is no real noticeable change in sound with an otherwise stock exhaust system.
I have the: MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System. I have been enjoying but have been curious if Magnaflow was going to go further and have a y-pipe replacement or even have down pipes, or is aFe going to be the only one that has those? I was thinking about doing the delete, but ran into issues with the length of the original kit. I did contact @Magnaflow and was informed that sometime the pipes come out longer and that it is ok to cut. Been enjoying the look(or lack of the rock hooking catalytic converter) and the sound. Again Iā€™m just curious about a y-pipe coming out from yā€™all.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the: MagnaFlow JL Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System. I have been enjoying but have been curious if Magnaflow was going to go further and have a y-pipe replacement or even have down pipes, or is aFe going to be the only one that has those? I was thinking about doing the delete, but ran into issues with the length of the original kit. I did contact @Magnaflow and was informed that sometime the pipes come out longer and that it is ok to cut. Been enjoying the look(or lack of the rock hooking catalytic converter) and the sound. Again Iā€™m just curious about a y-pipe coming out from yā€™all.
Hi, at this time we do not have plans to develop a Y pipe, but that's not to say won't develop one at a later time. We make a point to have all of our products be 50-state legal and in most cases with midpipes there isn't a way to create a significant improvement in performance without modification to the catalytic converters. We would recommend checking back with our website at a later time for updates on any new Jeep products as they become available!
Sponsored