boilerwrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my new 2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude on Friday and she breaks down tonight. Third night and she is sleeping in the cold at a shopping center parking lot! Gonna be towed in the morning back to the dealer. It won't start. Dash screen is showing all kinds of warnings and an outside temp of 106, push button won't turn off the run sequence, all the lights are flashing when you try to push the start button, and screen now says it's not in park. Something is really messed up. Nice way to end the weekend. Only 196 miles!.......WTH

IMG_7985.JPG
Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Unacceptable, I've purchased my last 8 vehicles all new, 4 Dodge Rams 0 issues and 4 Jeeps ( 3 Patriots 1 buy back and 1 Wrangler). If the US car companies want our business they have to do a much better job. I work hard for my money and all I'm asking is to deliver a quality finished product.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Sorry to hear that. If I recall correctly this sounds like it may be the secondary battery that is having an issue. I am not a mechanic, but I hope they figure it out quickly to your full resolution.

One thing to try is make sure all the fuses are pushed all the way in. I know this seems crazy, but others have had issues with fuses not completely seated. Worth a try.

I bought my first Jeep in July of this year and absolutely love it and kick myself for not buying one sooner. I hope the dealer resolves the issue as quickly, but accurately, as possible and you enjoy hundreds of thousands of miles of great memories with it.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Do you have the 2.0?

Sponsored

OP
OP
boilerwrangler

boilerwrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You should have tried (1) pushing all of the fuses solidly in and (2) unhooking one of the battery cables for a minute and then re-attaching it.
I did push all the fuses down and almost all of them were loose or not pushed in. :surprised::surprised: I didn't know about disconnecting the battery until reading more after I had gotten home. Heading there now on my way to work. Of course it's raining now.

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
Hereā€™s good luck to you!!!! :jk: Hopefully you canā€™t get it to start this morning!:muscle:

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Unacceptable, I've purchased my last 8 vehicles all new, 4 Dodge Rams 0 issues and 4 Jeeps ( 3 Patriots 1 buy back and 1 Wrangler). If the US car companies want our business they have to do a much better job. I work hard for my money and all I'm asking is to deliver a quality finished product.
Many thousands of people get vehicles that are just fine. The smallest group has the loudest voice.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@boilerwrangler

That sucks Mark.

One of the places I'd look to being the problem--or at least rule out it being a problem--

..given that this is a 3.6L

Is the supplemental battery tucked away under the Power Distribution Center (PDC) closest under the hood to the front passenger's seat.

If a tow truck comes, consistent with the owner's manual page 446 https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core...blications/en-us/Jeep/2019/Wrangler/10390.pdf make sure he/she leaves energized jumper cables on the main battery for at least a couple of minutes. This wait time charges BOTH batteries: the main one the jumpers are directly connected to, and the supplemental.

If your supplemental battery is dead, the way the 3.6L is engineered is such that the rig won't even attempt a cold crank if it is--much that BOTH batteries are tapped to energize the starter. Long story why.

If you feel industrious you can do your own basic tests by temporarily disconnected all the cables on the main battery's negative post. Put a meter on the posts of the main battery and note the voltage. Now move the negative testing prong to the cables you just set free. That's the voltage if any of the supplemental battery. Then put the cables you just detached back on to the negative post of the main battery and tighten the clamping nut.

Let us know how this turns out!!

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
You should have tried (1) pushing all of the fuses solidly in and (2) unhooking one of the battery cables for a minute and then re-attaching it.
Need to disconnect both negatives - the batteries are in parallel when the vehicle is off. But yeah, I would try disconnecting both, and I'd wait 5-10 minutes just to be sure all of the electricity has dissipated from the capacitors (I've seen LEDs on motherboards stay on for 30-60 seconds after power was removed).

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Picked up my new 2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude on Friday and she breaks down tonight. Third night and she is sleeping in the cold at a shopping center parking lot! Gonna be towed in the morning back to the dealer. It won't start. Dash screen is showing all kinds of warnings and an outside temp of 106, push button won't turn off the run sequence, all the lights are flashing when you try to push the start button, and screen now says it's not in park. Something is really messed up. Nice way to end the weekend. Only 196 miles!.......WTH

IMG_7985.JPG
Hi Mark,
We sincerely regret to hear about this. If additional assistance is needed, please do not hesitate to contact us via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, sounds like the dealer didnā€™t PDI your Jeep properly.

If I were on your shoes, in addition to getting them to fix the Jeep, Iā€™d be expecting some sort of freebie to make up for your aggravation and their negligence.

Good luck!

OP
OP
boilerwrangler

boilerwrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the suggestions*******Update ******* Me being a service guy (plumbing, boilers, tankless heaters) I have a decent knowledge of mechanical workings.I was planning on disconnecting the battery, but it was raining pretty hard, so I skipped it and let the dealer take care of it.
It would not start this morning when I arrived, but the dash and screen had shut down. It basically did the same thing as last night by not sequencing thru the start process when I proceeded to try starting it again. I went on to work and the dealer came out afew hours later and the battery was now very low or dead. They charged/jumped battery and it started fine. The dealer then drove it back to the shop and is testing it out today. I did inform the service manager about the fuses/relays in the fuse panel not being pushed in and he really didnā€™t have much to say about it. Maybe he considered the sources from my reading on a Jeep forum :LOL::CWL: Still waiting on some word on their testing. I wonder if the battery being drained down would be the same as disconnecting??? Hopefully Iā€™ll have some answers later today. Thanks everyone for your concerns.

3125E007-6D96-44C6-B883-3CEA721A4BB5.jpeg

View attachment 259094

View attachment 259095
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0