Sponsored

Cracked windshield 5 days old

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Not any issue with my JK in 5 years and Cracked windshield after 1 month with my JL, the Little Rock was so small ans it was such a small impact I can't believe it cracked lol.

Had some huge stones hit my windshield with the JK and nothing.

Time will tell...
What year is the JK? I feel like the earlier models had a beefier windshield and when they added the goofy easter egg crap all over them after the big refresh, they somehow managed to take more rocks to the face than Whitney Houston. I have absolutely no evidence to support this as fact, but my '07 JK windshield took a fucking beating and not once cracked, yet my '14 went through windshields yearly and I just replaced my JL windshield this afternoon.
Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Had mine replaced today as well. Hope it lasts longer than a few months.
Get used to it.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
My buddy had his windshield crack a block after pulling out of the dealership.

I recommend no deductable glass repair on your insurance.

JMyatt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I am having buyers remorse. I had a 2014 JK 2dr sport X. I traded it for a 2018 JLU Sport S. I have had steering wobbling issues and now a cracked windshield all within the first 1000 miles. My windshield cracked in a parking lot today. I was on the phone and parked. I heard it and watched it happen while the vehicle was warming up. Driving home from the lot the crack grew from a 3 to 4” to nearly 8 to 10”. The crack started at the top left of center over the steering wheel. No marks are present no chips in the glass. I am so disappointed in this vehicle. For such an expensive vehicle it sure uses a lot of cheap poor quality parts and materials. Never had any issue with my JK.

Sponsored

JMyatt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cracked windshield 5 days old and you can tell it was not from a stone just a straight 6 inch line from the top of windshield down right in my drivers view..
Calling dealer tomorrow
Any major problems with the new JL glass being weak?
I had the same issue today same location. It happened while I was sitting in a parking lot on the phone. Happened right in front of me. Heard it saw it. 1000 miles new JLU

JMyatt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 days, 5 weeks or 5 years, it is bound to happen. I know it sucks, but if you keep your Jeep for any amount of time, this won’t be the last windshield you’ll be replacing.
I had a 2014 JK 2dr sport. My windshield took a beating and I never had a problem like this. And to think, this windshield in my new JL was designed to fold down? Are you kidding me?

OP
OP
the3rdon

the3rdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2019 GCM Wrangler Rubi 2.0 turbo 2015 Ram Promaster City.. Past: 2016 VW Golf R 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2011 VW GTI
I had the same issue today same location. It happened while I was sitting in a parking lot on the phone. Happened right in front of me. Heard it saw it. 1000 miles new JLU
Crazy 3 weeks still no windshield
have to have it inspected soon

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
In the past week it looks like someone sandblasted my windshield. Three more prominent chips are present and from confirmed rocks.....but I drive about as careful and distant as can be. This is absolutely 100% poor glass material. Hey gotta line their pockets and prove to the board revenue is up. I don't know whether to wait until the windshield blows up or he proactive. For a vehicle meant for extreme environments and purpose......this is kind of comical...

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Jeep will warranty a glass crack during the first 12000 miles. I turned my defroster last week during an ice storm and after 20 minutes the glass cracked. I started pricing them at around 500.00. I called Jeep Wave and they said that they would cover it under warranty if it was cracked and did not have a rock chip. Just to check, I called Geico and they said that they would send safelite out and replace it for 50.00. I have an appointment tomorrow. I decided to pay geico 50.00 and get it done rather than messing with the dealer.

Sponsored

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
In the past week it looks like someone sandblasted my windshield. Three more prominent chips are present and from confirmed rocks.....but I drive about as careful and distant as can be. This is absolutely 100% poor glass material. Hey gotta line their pockets and prove to the board revenue is up. I don't know whether to wait until the windshield blows up or he proactive. For a vehicle meant for extreme environments and purpose......this is kind of comical...
I checked with my insurance company about this after all this talk of cracks and they said I have 1 covered - free replacement - but after that, subject to the deductible. They also said to call them as soon as I notice a chip, and they'll send someone out to fix those at no charge so they don't end up in a crack. Check with your ins co and maybe you'll have something like that as well.

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I checked with my insurance company about this after all this talk of cracks and they said I have 1 covered - free replacement - but after that, subject to the deductible. They also said to call them as soon as I notice a chip, and they'll send someone out to fix those at no charge so they don't end up in a crack. Check with your ins co and maybe you'll have something like that as well.
I went to a please nearby to have numerous chips repaired. The chips were all very very tiny and just that....a chip in the glass. The guy said he could only fix one of them which was the larger of the super small chips....an hour later....no difference. I'm not even sure he did anything. I'm just going to wait until my windshield blows up and then I'll come down on Jeep Wave.

Lgarman

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Cracked windshield 5 days old and you can tell it was not from a stone just a straight 6 inch line from the top of windshield down right in my drivers view..
Calling dealer tomorrow
Any major problems with the new JL glass being weak?
Ohhh yeah there’s a problem with the windshields if you type in the search bar at the top Cracked Windshield Club you will see 23 pages on one with people having a problem with the windshields cracking, I turned my defrost on and when it got hot it cracked my windshield so YEAH there’s something going on!!

Lgarman

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Jeep will warranty a glass crack during the first 12000 miles. I turned my defroster last week during an ice storm and after 20 minutes the glass cracked. I started pricing them at around 500.00. I called Jeep Wave and they said that they would cover it under warranty if it was cracked and did not have a rock chip. Just to check, I called Geico and they said that they would send safelite out and replace it for 50.00. I have an appointment tomorrow. I decided to pay geico 50.00 and get it done rather than messing with the dealer.
Have you checked your windshield for a little bitty pin hole? Cause mine did the same thing sitting in the parking lot at work and turned the defrost on and it starting cracking, took it to the dealer and the guy took an ink pen and went down the crack and about 2 inches from the bottom under the wiper there’s a seriously little bitty pin hole and he said something hit it and I told him he was full of $hit I was sitting in a parking lot!!! There is a problem with these windshields people have replaced 3 of them since July!!! Good Luck I won’t replace this one until I talk with an attorney and show him the 23+ pages of windshield problems!!
Sponsored