Sponsored

Three days old.....

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Yes, if the battery drained so low that the wouldn't come on, then it is very likely that everything reset. However, I'd be very concerned about why it drained overnight to the point of not starting. It's very possible that it could be a bad Aux battery pulling taking your main down with it.
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yes, if the battery drained so low that the wouldn't come on, then it is very likely that everything reset. However, I'd be very concerned about why it drained overnight to the point of not starting. It's very possible that it could be a bad Aux battery pulling taking your main down with it.
Good point.

OP, those batteries hooked in parallel (at rest and most other times) implies (as I bet you know given your reported aptitudes) that voltage will always attempt to be equalized between the batteries, no differently that two columns of water of different heights will approach the same height if connected by a tube at the bottom of each water column.

A defective battery can rob a good one here. I wonder, was this rig sitting on dealer lots for a while? Did the dealer, as someone mentioned above do less than a bank up job prepping it for you, including putting the rig on that big ass 200 pounds portable charger on wheels dealers have to top off the batteries prior to you taking posession?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I did inform the service manager about the fuses/relays in the fuse panel not being pushed in and he really didnā€™t have much to say about it.
That's because they are all crooks and don't know much about Jeeps. It is the truth but all dealers I've been too are very incompetent.

I had a similar issue with my Jeep when I bought it, it was because they let the Jeep sit on the lot for a long time and the battery wasn't fully operational.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Probably nothing related, but I got the same warning when I was hooking up some rock-lights, and the Jeep would not power down all the way no matter what and how long it sat.

It had me confused at first, I checked the shifter, then the manual Park override, etc. Took me about 30 minutes and starting to reach frustration and panic, when I decided to recheck my light runs, and stumbled upon a connector inside the passenger front well that I disconnected to make running my wires easier, and when I reconnected it, I apparently didn't snap it in tight.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
You should have tried (1) pushing all of the fuses solidly in and (2) unhooking one of the battery cables for a minute and then re-attaching it.
I know! They tell everyone that it's the 3 day breakdown procedure.

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Honestly, sounds like the dealer didnā€™t PDI your Jeep properly.

If I were on your shoes, in addition to getting them to fix the Jeep, Iā€™d be expecting some sort of freebie to make up for your aggravation and their negligence.

Good luck!
Yeah....like a 6th quart of oil with the free oil changes.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
You should have tried (1) pushing all of the fuses solidly in and (2) unhooking one of the battery cables for a minute and then re-attaching it.
Yes, this.

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
This is the first problem I have read about with the 2020 Sahara e-torque belt starter generator system; from the above photo of the op Sahara, it looks to be an auto transmission; if it were 6 speed manual then it would be normal start/stop system with small aux battery under the big battery; this will have the 48 volt aux battery system that is inside the jeep and has to be liquid cooled to keep from catching fire (I think it is inside the vehicle, at least it is on the Ram trucks).

OP
OP
boilerwrangler

boilerwrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Probably nothing related, but I got the same warning when I was hooking up some rock-lights, and the Jeep would not power down all the way no matter what and how long it sat.

It had me confused at first, I checked the shifter, then the manual Park override, etc. Took me about 30 minutes and starting to reach frustration and panic, when I decided to recheck my light runs, and stumbled upon a connector inside the passenger front well that I disconnected to make running my wires easier, and when I reconnected it, I apparently didn't snap it in tight.
That has me concerned. The dealer installed a towing package/wiring harness and hitch

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Many thousands of people get vehicles that are just fine. The smallest group has the loudest voice.
So your saying having a vehicle that the steering vehicles freezes so your unable to turn is acceptable??? or driving on the highway and your jeep shutting off is acceptable also?? Its not just one or two people with these issues. Of course we are going to complain we just spent over 40,000 for a a vehicle that is inop.

Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
So your saying having a vehicle that the steering vehicles freezes so your unable to turn is acceptable??? or driving on the highway and your jeep shutting off is acceptable also?? Its not just one or two people with these issues. Of course we are going to complain we just spent over 40,000 for a a vehicle that is inop.
I'm not saying its acceptable or don't complain, but its almost expected. You should go get it fixed, but every automaker is going to have similar experiences with their vehicles. You said "If the US car companies want our business they have to do a much better job. I work hard for my money and all I'm asking is to deliver a quality finished product." They deliver a perfectly good finished product to a vast majority of customers - I just don't think its fair to blow it out of proportion.

OP
OP
boilerwrangler

boilerwrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my jeep tonight from the dealer. Final conclusion from dealer was a bad or shorted cell in the main battery. They replaced the battery yesterday, but I told them to keep it overnight to see how it tested today. I guess it's all okay. She drove home fine. :please:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Picked up my jeep tonight from the dealer. Final conclusion from dealer was a bad or shorted cell in the main battery. They replaced the battery yesterday, but I told them to keep it overnight to see how it tested today. I guess it's all okay. She drove home fine. :please:
GREAT!

it will be fine now and will give you many years of trouble free service!

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
bad batteries happen. had 2 changed out in my wifes previous 50k explorer in the first year because of faulty cells.
Sponsored