Sponsored

Tailgate Brawlee LED light

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys, I have a question that maybe you could help me with...

I want to finally install this Saturday. For those of you with a switch that has a light in it like the halo switches, did you wire it so the light of the switch stays on all the time or only when the brawlee light is on? also, is the 12V to the outlet on all the time or only when the vehicle is running? I'm thinking the 12V is live even if the vehicle isn't running and thus you may not want the switch's halo light to be lit up all the time ie. overnight running out the battery.
to be clear, I'm talking not about the brawlee light but the little light inside the switch.
thanks for any help!

I can't speak to the switch, but the Cigarette lighter outlet in the back of the jeep is live all the time. (Should have the battery icon on it).
Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I used switches with a halo in my setup.
Ok guys, I have a question that maybe you could help me with...

I want to finally install this Saturday. For those of you with a switch that has a light in it like the halo switches, did you wire it so the light of the switch stays on all the time or only when the brawlee light is on? also, is the 12V to the outlet on all the time or only when the vehicle is running? I'm thinking the 12V is live even if the vehicle isn't running and thus you may not want the switch's halo light to be lit up all the time ie. overnight running out the battery.
to be clear, I'm talking not about the brawlee light but the little light inside the switch.
thanks for any help!
This is my setup from an earlier post that answers your question.
I completed my install today with a few personal touches.

Both lights are controlled by switches with the LED in the cab tapped into the dome light and the brawlee tapped into the 12v supply. Both switches have red LED rings powered by the dome light so they are only lit when the dome light is on.

All the wiring is as hidden as possible.

upload_2019-3-12_23-15-51.jpeg

upload_2019-3-12_23-16-19.jpeg

upload_2019-3-12_23-16-42.jpeg

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I can't speak to the switch, but the Cigarette lighter outlet in the back of the jeep is live all the time. (Should have the battery icon on it).
To add to this - the 12V power outlet in the back is either battery-direct or ignition-controlled, depending on the fuse position. You can change it under the hood by installing the fuse in F43 or F45.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To add to this - the 12V power outlet in the back is either battery-direct or ignition-controlled, depending on the fuse position. You can change it under the hood by installing the fuse in F43 or F45.
Great info!!!

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Who here has recently the JL version from Amazon? I was wondering if the JL version was flipped so the curve fit better and the wires exited on the driver side.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Who here has recently the JL version from Amazon? I was wondering if the JL version was flipped so the curve fit better and the wires exited on the driver side.
I have it and the answer is yes to both questions.

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
A35B6704-2AB5-4BF0-A7C0-6F0D7163C146.jpeg
4E5B1A7B-A5D8-4679-ABBF-2E8035D43A3B.jpeg
0459C1E8-9B13-4996-A384-FDE00FBE283A.jpeg
Me too, pretty easy install. Great addition!

ThinkOutdoors

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU 2018
Any ideas for mounting this with a soft top? I used my hard top September - May but it would be nice to use it for camping trips over the summer. I saw someone posted an image with the light mounted on the tailgate. Thoughts?

Sponsored

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does anyone have issues with the Brawlee bar flickering while coming on and going off? I tied it into the rear interior light to come on and off with the doors. Any help appreciated.

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Does anyone have issues with the Brawlee bar flickering while coming on and going off? I tied it into the rear interior light to come on and off with the doors. Any help appreciated.
Sounds like a bad connection on the wire or it is not getting enough power. You may need to add a relay for additional power. I would try plugging it in with the 12v adapter that came with light just to ensure it is not an issue with the light. Good luck!

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have a copy of the manual for the newish (2019+ I guess) kit that comes with the way to splice it into the rear electrical plug (the big one you unplug before removing hardtop)? I installed mine tonight and of course I ran off to read that somewhere and it disappeared.

I can't find it on their site (it has got to be here and I'm just missing it... I keep saying) or anywhere on google, waiting for a response from them.

Last edited:

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine flickers when I unlock the doors and just as they go off but it doesn't bother me. Works just fine when the doors are open and that's really all that matters to me

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Does anyone have a copy of the manual for the newish (2019+ I guess) kit that comes with the way to splice it into the rear electrical plug (the big one you unplug before removing hardtop)? I installed mine tonight and of course I ran off to read that somewhere and it disappeared.

I can't find it on their site (it has got to be here and I'm just missing it... I keep saying) or anywhere on google, waiting for a response from them.
I dont think they ever provided instructions for that. Look back on the first page of posts on this thread there are some good diagrams that people provided, thats how I did mine.
Sponsored