Not open for further replies.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have the full sized one but I would prefer the mini. It’s not worth it to me to buy a whole new unit just to have a cleaner look. If it starts to bother me that much I will just buy a cable and velcro it under the kick panel.
This is exactly what I did - extender cable and Velcro. Works great and is totally hidden. One advantage over the mini is that you can simply unplug from the OBD port to disable all live features, and to eliminate parasitic draw. For example, if you’re gonna leave your Jeep at the airport for a week or two.

That said, I’m considering selling my unit. I find the Smart Stop Start unit is much better at handling the ESS. It’s never hiccuped. I can’t use my Tazer and SSS at the same time, so that means no live features for me. I run stock tires, too, so... yeah, when I’m in the mood to deal with plugging it in one last time to unmarry I think I’ll be posting it for sale.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
This is exactly what I did - extender cable and Velcro. Works great and is totally hidden. One advantage over the mini is that you can simply unplug from the OBD port to disable all live features, and to eliminate parasitic draw. For example, if you’re gonna leave your Jeep at the airport for a week or two.

That said, I’m considering selling my unit. I find the Smart Stop Start unit is much better at handling the ESS. It’s never hiccuped. I can’t use my Tazer and SSS at the same time, so that means no live features for me. I run stock tires, too, so... yeah, when I’m in the mood to deal with plugging it in one last time to unmarry I think I’ll be posting it for sale.
ESS is reliable in the next firmware release.
Added ability to read engine DTC codes.
Adding more as we speak.
I wouldn’t get rid it it just yet!

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Currently at 11.1.2, that’s the latest official release from a couple months back.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Adding more as we speak.
Thank you for this update.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adding more as we speak.
Well, shiiiit. OK, I’ll hang in there to test the update.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adding more as we speak.
Well, shiiiit. OK, I’ll hang in there to test the update.
I just upgraded from 11.0.6 (last version that I found stable enough to use). The process was smooth:

- unmarry
- upgrade firmware (I used a Mac running Mojave)
- marry
- choose settings
- full reboot + 2 sleep cycles

I'll report back after a week or two of testing... I'm looking for stable ESS and insignificant parasitic draw. The latter was an issue in 11.0.6 and the former in 11.1.2, hence my switch to Smart Stop Start. I'll be happy to have my Tazer live features back if 11.1.4 works as promised!

@WranglerMan

tk2fast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2000 TJ, 2001 XJ
My experience with the Tazer Lite or Mini. Lite is very basic but upgradable to full Mini for $125. Mini is best choice & allows one to do so much more.
First had a slight problem with the serial number showing up. Turned out to be a bug in the new firmware update. Tazer took care of it immediately and were very kind & apologetic. There are reviews knocking this some but I really don't understand, saying it's hard to install. Really, it took me a whole 10 minutes with the most being spent on removing the two electrical plugs from the SGW as they were tight on my JLU. Then it was on to the programming. Took a few tries to get the hang of it but then was able to kill start/stop -- kill seat belt ding -- set my front turn signals as DRL's -- change tire size for correct speedo readings -- and change bulb types from halogen to LED. This thing is awesome. Period.
Just need to spend a little time to understand but there are some not willing to do that, so it's their loss, but then they crab that it's a problem with the device. Some little things are likely to crop up with any re-programming but Tazer will take care of it. I'm a believer as they solved my problem in less than an hour.

Last edited:

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Tazer. I’ve changed tire size, stopped the seatbelt dinging (yes I wear it), defeat ESS (95% of the time), changed gear ratios to 4.56, deleted the FAD after I installed a PR44.... and do the occasional front tire line-locked burnout! It’s awesome.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Joe, can you comment on whether or not winch mode is addressed in the next release?
I just upgraded tonight to 11.1.4, all went well, but winch mode isn’t working for me. With the screen in audio mode, and pressing the buttons, the screen says WinchMode On, but RPMs do not increase.

Also, splash screen didn’t change, I set it to rubicon, but it still shows Sport.

All my usual stuff is still working fine, LED light settings, DRL, TPMS, etc.

Last edited:

Happos2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Tazer is arriving tomorrow. Just reviewing the instructions, it says yOu have to do two sleep cycles with closing the door. I am odorless currently, do I need to put the doors on for the reboot? Or just let it time out?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.