QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
On the rear view camera, does it have lines to show your distance from objects like on some cars and if so do they turn when you turn the Jeep?
Yes, and Yes.

Well, the lines are color coded green, yellow, and red. And there are two side lines to represent your vehicle, and they do change when you turn the wheel.
Sponsored

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
On the rear view camera, does it have lines to show your distance from objects like on some cars and if so do they turn when you turn the Jeep?
Thought a pic would be better.

IMG_20180202_130118872_HDR.png

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I've never had a car with a proximity key. If you start it, then take the key several feet away does it keep running? Can someone drive away in it if the proximity key is no longer close to it?

TxTech27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, Mercedes C300, Ford F150
I've never had a car with a proximity key. If you start it, then take the key several feet away does it keep running? Can someone drive away in it if the proximity key is no longer close to it?
In every car I’ve had with the proximity sensor, you have to be pretty much in it to start it but once it’s started you can drive. I know at some point it will shut off but not sure when. I once went down a couple of blocks to pick up dinner. I had dropped my gf off and gave her the keys to get in the apartment but didn’t remember to take off the car key. Made it to the restaurant but obviously couldn’t start the car back up...oops.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I know with my car, (proximity keyless entry but not the automatic start), if the key is not in the vehicle, it simply shuts itself off after a few minutes.

Kimano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 XJ, 2014 JKURX
I was looking on the build site and I don't see the power top on there? Does anyone know if it's too back-ordered and thus removed, or what?

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking on the build site and I don't see the power top on there? Does anyone know if it's too back-ordered and thus removed, or what?
I saw on another thread that it was removed from the site...no explanation.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Do all JL's have a back up camera?
In the US, yes. I think I read somewhere that the NHTSA mandated that all new 2018+ vehicles must have a backup camera as standard equipment.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I'll have to convert my CDs to mp3 or mp4 format and store them on my phone ... and be like everyone else.
Yep. I use Bluetooth in my car now. It’s so easy and hands-free and since I bought a manual-much needed :)
Sponsored