Sponsored

Those who don't daily drive their Jeep..

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
We drove to Key West in March and that trip is basically what sparked this Jeep purchase. I had a wrangler reserved through Turo and quickly decided that I would rather use that $1000 towards an actual car payment than a rental. Didn't get my Jeep until June but we really enjoyed the trip. Would love to do Baker's Cay Resort in Key Largo again sometime. That place was so nice! šŸ˜Ž
Funny, we met another Jeep owner in KW, at least we thought so, it was a rental thru Turo.

We stayed at The Galleon Resort in Key West, great location, walk to most everything. I also highly recommend Hawks Cay on Duck Key, one of my favorite places.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

This is my new daily driver. Picked it up two and a half weeks ago.

cormuesem.jpg

It allowed me to take the doors off my Jeep. Too dusty at work to have the doors off.
doorsoff.jpg

So fun driving either one of them!​
And you did museum delivery on your 'Vette - well done. I've been obsessed with Corvettes since I was a kid. I've been to the place in Florida with the only known remaining '69 ZL1 on display, and in college me and three friends road tripped from Texas to NYC, but the point of the trip was stopping at the NCM. Can't describe the experience well enough with mere mortal words.

OP
OP
Anotherwillsmith

Anotherwillsmith

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUSS
And you did museum delivery on your 'Vette - well done.
Agree 100%! You know it makes that car special - having this memory tied to it. We did a European delivery on wifeā€™s Volvo in 2019. That thing is basically an expensive souvenir from Sweden. Trip of a lifetime!

E57AE065-1753-4BE3-B2F5-6C9404AB3FED.jpeg

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Daily drove my dream car for a few years except in the winter even if it was a Targa4 all wheel drive and found that I enjoyed more washing and watching it than driving it due to 1. the extremely bad road conditions we have around here. 2. I was paranoid and overprotective of it. So I was missing the carelessness of road conditions you take for granted behind the wheel of a Jeep.

So I sold, the 911 and put a good chunk of the money made on the sale towards transforming my Sahara and havenā€™t looked back.

Since my main reason for selling the 911 was road conditions, I got myself a vanity plate for the Jeep in memory of the Porsche.

We do have the wifeā€™s Q5 for long trips,

B7FD4569-55FC-49CA-8B3F-B897C230E2FA.jpeg

1BABF776-4ACA-4982-8155-A70B0DC84CE5.jpeg

4CA2A284-66B6-40C1-8534-FB74D53205E5.jpeg

Sponsored

Z06

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler JLU diesel
Occupation
Retired
Must be something around here to drive when necessary.
Jeep Wrangler JL Those who don't daily drive their Jeep.. 8216E918-E096-46A9-8736-A180A547B720

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Daily drove my dream car for a few years except in the winter even if it was a Targa4 all wheel drive and found that I enjoyed more washing and watching it than driving it due to 1. the extremely bad road conditions we have around here. 2. I was paranoid and overprotective of it. So I was missing the carelessness of road conditions you take for granted behind the wheel of a Jeep.

So I sold, the 911 and put a good chunk of the money made on the sale towards transforming my Sahara and havenā€™t looked back.

Since my main reason for selling the 911 was road conditions, I got myself a vanity plate for the Jeep in memory of the Porsche.

We do have the wifeā€™s Q5 for long trips,

Jeep Wrangler JL Those who don't daily drive their Jeep.. 8216E918-E096-46A9-8736-A180A547B720

Beautiful 911. Doesn't get any better than that! Are those 35" on the Sahara? What lift did you go with?

Crum44

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering 2022 Willys
What situations do you find yourself in when not driving the Jeep? Do you miss it? Did you end up make it your daily driver? I still drive my truck to commute to work but find myself missing it.. Maybe because its still new but I've found myself trying to wave at other Jeeps in my pickup. Once I did get a good-ole Jeep wave back while driving a box truck across town. Then I accidentally found myself flexing at the post office...

Mine is my daily driver

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Beautiful 911. Doesn't get any better than that! Are those 35" on the Sahara? What lift did you go with?
Hi yes, owning the Porsche was a childhood dream come true. Itā€™s now checked on my bucket list.

Yes, tires are 315/70r17 K02 on Black Rhino Warthogs wheels. My lift consists of 1.75 inch coil spacers front and rear along with JT Rubicon Fox shocks. Rides and drives like a dream with this set-up and 4.56 gears.

I tried the Rubi take-off suspension, but it rode way too stiff for my taste.

Sponsored

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

My JL is more of a toy/hobby type of thing. I commute about 90-95 miles a day round trip to and from my daily grind. I picked up an economy car to drive to work after the last time gas prices climbed.. 2014ish? I remember thinking, "damn, I am literally racking miles and maintenance for a truck that I am not using to its capacity." All while having a monthly fuel bill of 600-800 bucks. Probably the smartest thing I ever did honestly. That and my Jeep is a ticket magnet in CA. I am getting to old to want to play the games with CHP here. So for now, the Jeep hardly comes out of the garage unless it's time to hit the trails, which unfortunately may not happen much at all this year due to workload. So I might as well continue the build. I recently picked up a trailer to shuttle it for its next rounds of mods in the coming months. Still not 100% sure if it's going to be a permanent trailer queen though.
You are exactly correct.
I booked a week in Moab next spring... in the meantime I drive around town in my used Ford dinkycar while waiting for snow.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
You are exactly correct.
I booked a week in Moab next spring... in the meantime I drive around town in my used Ford dinkycar while waiting for snow.
Stoked for ya! We end up there at least once a year. We've done few in the summer, which is nice because there is far less people due to the heat. This year we went late March. Weather was pretty good. Mid 30s in the morning, and 60s during the day. It did end up raining for a few days but overall prefer the spring or fall out there since we take the dog.

Nothin' wrong with the dinky car. I've grown to like my shitbox, it's been paying dividends especially in todays world. At the end of the day, who do I really need to impress? Sorry dudes I know my Honda is more of a chick car but at least it's not a Jetta. I call my commuter the workhorse and my truck the rickshaw .

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
My 2021 daily with nearly 70K on the odo. Iā€™ve had my Jeep (4th one Iā€™ve owned) since March and Just hit 855 miles. I bought it to tinker with and 8 minute drives to dinner. No where around here to off road that isnā€™t a red clay mud pit or ATV/UTV width trail. So the Jeep just stays parked, sometimes 3 weeks at a time. I did have the doors off for about 3 weeks but itā€™s nearly 100 here every day now. Anyway, starting to think I should just sell it. Hefty payment for a garage ornament.
Jeep Wrangler JL Those who don't daily drive their Jeep.. 6137AD2C-AF77-4FC9-B095-EFF0BCA7DE92
Sponsored