QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Note that the JL is so new that the only lift i have seen so far markets as built for the JL is the MOPAR kit but this is the general concession

There are 3 main types of lifts for wranglers body lift, budget boost, and full suspension lift. All three will open up space between your tire and your fenders allowing you to fit taller tires but each comes with pros and cons

Body lift - these are just spaces that you install between the body of the jeep and the frame
Pros: tends to be the cheapest and easiest to install can work with other lift methods, keeps ride quality the same
Con: with more high creates a gap between the frame and body, does not lift up frame mounted parts (engien tranny ect), can cause issues with parts that come through the body (ie shifter holes and wires), limit on max high it comes in

budget boost: spacer that goes between the coil and the top coil mount on the frame
Pros cheaper than a full suspension lift, keeps similar ride quality, lifts up bottom of vehicle
Cons: little more complex to install do to coils needed to be fiddled replaced, ride quality can change if new shocks are required, limit on max height, best to get a alignment afterwards

full suspension kits: new coils, maybe new shocks, control arms and relocation brackets to replace part or most of your suspension system
Pros: maximum amount of height gained, lifts up frame can come with beefier components to replace stock parts
Cons: most expensive, most work to install, ride quality can change due to new shocks and springs
Thanks for all the information SheepJeep. I appreciate the time it took to help out a Jeep Newbie
Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Thanks for all the information SheepJeep. I appreciate the time it took to help out a Jeep Newbie
And don't be afraid to search online for lift kit advice on JKs. There are more threads on that than "which is better 2 doors or 4 doors." The JL hasn't changed substantially enough suspension wise to think that other than fit issues the same companies will have the same lifts manufactured the same way.

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on what to do with your factory issues wheels and tires if you plan on getting new ones right away?

Will a place give you credit for them towards your purchase for new wheels since they are brand new? Or could you sell them somewhere?

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on what to do with your factory issues wheels and tires if you plan on getting new ones right away?

Will a place give you credit for them towards your purchase for new wheels since they are brand new? Or could you sell them somewhere?
In general, and this isn't Jeep specific, I think you'll find most (but not all) dealers aren't too interested in take-off's. You can list them on Craigslist, ebay, marque-specific forums (fora?). You'd be well served to search those sources first to get an idea of what the going rate looks to be - you may be surprised how low they typically fetch. When I wanted better wheels for my 'vette I picked up a set of Z06 wheels (with TPMs), with tires, with almost no mileage for less than the wheels (without TPMs) would cost alone from Chevy. Lucked into it, too, as the guy was CPD and only 1 zipcode over from me. Found them/him on corvetteforum dot com back then.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I thought I saw pictures of the JL with wheels that looked like the standard Rubicon wheels, but instead of polished grey, they were all black. (I'm not talking about the premium upgrade wheels with the black centre and silver rim.)

I don't see these wheels on any of the options.

Were my eyes deceiving me? Was it just the lighting and the rims I saw were just the standard rims?

Are these all-black rims coming later maybe?

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
no idea. not going to delay my order or pay some big premium though when the yella becomes available. i’ll just powdercoat them shits.
Ha, when you powdercoat “them shits” is that something that you’ve done before? I’m curious how much that costs and if it is something the dealer does or you have to find a special place? I let my wife, budget, and selec-trac talk me into getting a Sahara. Now I’m seeing all these Rubis and their wheels come out and all I want to do is change the wheels and step rails on my Sahara when I get it smh

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
@Muddog if you want some good lift info head over to the JK Wrangler forum and take a look at The Dirtman’s sticky on lifts. There’s also a ton of info there that should all somewhat apply to the JL.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Has anyone try to install a front hitch on a JL yet who can confirm that a JK fabrication fits or doesn't?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Where can I purchase a fuel tank cap with lock and a cover and hood hinges locks besides Mopar? I'm assuming they're not out yet? or will they be the same sizes as the JKs.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Does the Sport S comes with the outlet/USB on the back of the center console for back seat passengers or is this only available on Sahara and Rubicon?

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
I order 4WD Auto and AntiSpin Rear. It automatically came with the All Terrain Tires. What are their dimensions/specifications? Are these the KO2’s?

jtom12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey guys I could be wrong but I went onto the fuelconomy.gov website and it appears the manual transmission JL is now rated at 17/25, I thought it was 17/23.
Sponsored